Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

Just now, Wymsey said:

If we comprehensively beat Norwich and Watford, would some change their minds over wanting him to go?

No. Two wins against already-relegated teams with nothing to play for? What good is that? Half their players will be on the beach. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Someone said Mancini probably the best shout doubt he would want to come but has previous ties with the club

Do you genuinely think he’s the right person to come in to rebuild the squad? Think he’s going to be here for 2+ years and really buy into our long term project?

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

If we comprehensively beat Norwich and Watford, would some change their minds over wanting him to go?

No. 

Fact is, we have 4 games to go and are still two points from mathematically being safe. That is just not acceptable even after we get those two points. 

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Do you genuinely think he’s the right person to come in to rebuild the squad? Think he’s going to be here for 2+ years and really buy into our long term project?

Probably not the man for a rebuild I don't even think we need a rebuild though, he would probably command the respect though and bring in new style of playing.

Edited by whoareyaaa

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rudi Garcia - free

Andre Villas-Boas - free

Unai Emery - Villareal

Urs Fischer - Union Berlin

Gerardo Seoane - Leverkusen

Bruno Genesio - Rennes

Christophe Galtier - Nice

Ruben Amorim - Sporting

Galtier yes takes no shit what so ever :D Genesio is just like what we have and the 2 free no thanks 

8 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I know I'm gonna get absolutely canned for mentioning it, but at his first few jobs, Joey Barton has done well.  I actually think he will end up being a good manager in a few years time, I see him working his way up the ladder.

While we're at it, let's replace the Birch with Dennis Wise and Top with Vladimir Putin.  

• Haha 1

It will be someone obvious who has Premier League experience. Look at our appointments under King Power.

I will be pleasantly shocked if we put any real thought into what philosophy and tactics the manager employs, it’s unlikely to be anyone from ‘left field’.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'd like to see Pearson back here. In all seriousness. I think that's what we need. Someone who gives a shit about the club rather than his own PR. He would have instant respect here due to his link to the club. Last time he was in the PL he did a really good job at Watford, he is not past it by any means. And we'd be able to get him. 

Idc what anyone says but Big Nige would sort us right out and would not fail us in the transfer market.

One of the first things he would do is bin the crap players in our squad and replace them with some fuching experienced winners with the right mentality who will fight for every ball and be leaders on the pitch! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Idc what anyone says but Big Nige would sort us right out and would not fail us in the transfer market.

One of the first things he would do is bin the crap players in our squad and replace them with some fuching experienced winners with the right mentality who will fight for every ball and be leaders on the pitch! 

Exactly. People scoff and think we've left those days behind, we really haven't. We need to get back to basics. Pearson took a side with bloody half the talent of this team to the exact same place in the table and it would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable to watch. People make out like he's some sort of Allardyce figure, he isn't at all, he's quite attack minded and one things for sure he is great at motivating players. Something we sorely need after years of bland empty platitudes from Rodgers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Anyone who can better 5th, 5th,Win an FA CUP and community shield and get us to a European semi final....That should narrow it down abit.

I’d imagine there are plenty of managers that can collapse a 15pt gap over 4th, and an 11(?) pt gap over 4th consecutively. And get knocked out of a Europa league group stage including Legia Warsaw, Napoli and Spartak Moscow. 

Although im not sure many other managers would be able to get us knocked out of a semi final for not addressing a set piece problem we’ve had for the duration of a season at least.  

If the owners are serious about wanting us to compete in every competition we’re in they will make sure we get the right man in.  

Rodgers will go down as Leicesters first FA cup winning manager and I will be forever grateful but the mentality of this team under him is weak and I can’t see that changing next season, especially if he gets put in charge of a rebuild.

• Like 1