Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

20 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I think we’ll finish top 6 next season 😂  we’ll have one game a week and trounce most of the shit in this league. You heard it here first!

Thank you Brendan for your predictions next season.  

14 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

What about Rangnick? 

I'd be tempted. I don't think his time at United should be the water mark of his career, look what he's had to work with!. Given an opportunity to bring in some players he could definitely do a job here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I have no confidence we will beat Norwich or Watford. Even if they are down we will offer a consolation 

Me neither . This season is a total shiteshow . Perversely I think we will best Chelsea and lose the rest cos it’s the Leicester way 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Sean dyche or Diego Martínez. 

Dyche is like a better pearson.

I’d prefer Potter not sure if we can afford the compensation but I think he would leave Brighton for Leicester City because he is ambitious. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

We tried mini-Pep, who is a mini-Klopp?

Feck. It’s David Wagner isn’t it?

Might as well have this geezer at this rate.
0_The-X-Factor.jpg

Mancini would be a bit like the Claudio appointment would command the respect from the players, has a good squad of players and contacts.. plus with no Europe it wouldn't be much of a gamble, maybe even on a 1 / 2 year deal.

Edited by whoareyaaa

29 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Most of don’t want Rogers out actually. The majority still believe in him. FT is not accurate representation of our fan base. The Kop were singing his name as one less than 2 weeks ago. 

I largely agree. Though even I am wobbling. 

He's earned the right to attempt to reboot the team. He won the FA Cup ffs (and charity shield) and at times has produced scintillating football. 

Loads.of things he's done/doing I disagree with but, if i was the owner I'd ask only two questions;

Can you get us back into Europe next season, and if yes, how? ....then back him.

• Like 1

Let’s say Brendan is gone, tonight, dismissed by Top

(he hasn’t been and I strongly doubt will be)

But in this scenario, he has been and Simeone (for the sake of argument) is installed.

Sweet right?

We don’t improve much, we still concede from corners, we still arse about with the ball and we look a bit flat still.

Do we hold the players at fault?
I am curious, as Rodgers seems  done for in the eyes of many (why can’t we pass anymore? why don’t we know where our teammates are supposed to be?) but as much as I have tried to peddle this line before, it is a general opinion that Rodgers is the main cause of our woes.

And before you say ‘it won’t happen with Simeone’ this is my hypothetical, so it is. :D

2 hours ago, Phenom said:

Keep in mind that Rodgers is one of the best paid managers in the world so it’s not like we’re cheap there. We can get a great one in here.

Would never happen, but that fella down at Atletico Madrid would sort us out.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Let’s say Brendan is gone, tonight, dismissed by Top

(he hasn’t been and I strongly doubt will be)

But in this scenario, he has been and Simeone (for the sake of argument) is installed.

Sweet right?

We don’t improve much, we still concede from corners, we still arse about with the ball and we look a bit flat still.

Do we hold the players at fault?
I am curious, as Rodgers seems  done for in the eyes of many (why can’t we pass anymore? why don’t we know where our teammates are supposed to be?) but as much as I have tried to peddle this line before, it is a general opinion that Rodgers is the main cause of our woes.

And before you say ‘it won’t happen with Simeone’ this is my hypothetical, so it is. :D

Interesting idea.

I think maybe take a look over at Spurs for a bit of an answer. They were lacklustre, tepid and lost under Nuno. Levy grows a pair and installs Conte (a Simeone type manager).

Conte walks into the dressing room, sticks the nut on Hojbjerg, sh1ts in Dier's shoes and plants a volley into Lloris' ball sack - before turning round and asking if anyone else wants some. 

We could do worse that have a bit of that type of character around. 

Maybe Big Nige as an assistant to Brendan?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Interesting idea.

I think maybe take a look over at Spurs for a bit of an answer. They were lacklustre, tepid and lost under Nuno. Levy grows a pair and installs Conte (a Simeone type manager).

Conte walks into the dressing room, sticks the nut on Hojbjerg, sh1ts in Dier's shoes and plants a volley into Lloris' ball sack - before turning round and asking if anyone else wants some. 

We could do worse that have a bit of that type of character around. 

Maybe Big Nige as an assistant to Brendan?

And a good response, thanks. Spurs are a good comparison in that respect of underperformance and a good turnaround. We need someone who has experience and is forceful to command respect then. Nige does not really feel like assistant material!

Let’s get Conte.  :D

4 hours ago, Ely fox said:

I’d prefer Potter not sure if we can afford the compensation but I think he would leave Brighton for Leicester City because he is ambitious. 

We have to fix a number of issues on and off the pitch. I seem to be one of the few who would still be willing to back him as long as he still has authority and the respect of the players. But changes are required in players, coaching and non coaching staff and the board and senior management have to take responsibility here too. We need to strengthen in the forward wing midfield and centre back areas but most importantly get the right characters. I do recognise the strength of feeling here and that his position is precarious but changing the manager isn’t always the solution. Emotions are raw at the moment and understandably so but the manager is always the first scapegoat and it’s easy to over react. Getting it wrong can cause just as much damage if not more. I do trust the owners and board to make the right decision though as they are closer to the issues and have insight as to whether he is up to the reset that is needed that we do not have. If he does go I would see Potter as the best fit for us a club and for what we need. 

Edited by Supergray22