Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

Dont think hes been mentionned here, but Postecoglu from Celtic?

• If you need a man for a fast rebuild, how about turning a club at a serious low point around to overcome a 25 point defecit in one season? impressive
  • Has a great eye for players and spends wisely in the transfer market
  • Clear philosophy and good style of play, on the front foot, pass and move, defending from the front
  • Has experience of winning things (ok you might say Scotland and Japan, but still winning, and has international experience too)
  • Would probably ditch Celtic to use us as a stepping stone and have a hunger to succeed here

Would be excellent IMO

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'd like to see Pearson back here. In all seriousness. I think that's what we need. Someone who gives a shit about the club rather than his own PR. He would have instant respect here due to his link to the club. Last time he was in the PL he did a really good job at Watford, he is not past it by any means. And we'd be able to get him. 

I tongue in cheek suggested Sam Allardyce... Seriously can we stop with the Pearson back? That ship has long since sailed. He was a fantastic manager for us over two spells and he is still my favourite ever Leicester manager but it would be huge mistake to go in for round three. He hasn't exactly pulled up trees anywhere he has been since. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'd like to see Pearson back here. In all seriousness. I think that's what we need. Someone who gives a shit about the club rather than his own PR. He would have instant respect here due to his link to the club. Last time he was in the PL he did a really good job at Watford, he is not past it by any means. And we'd be able to get him. 

You posted this 6 hours ago and @Unabomber didnt give you a thumbs up? unprecedented.

47 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

• If you need a man for a fast rebuild, how about turning a club at a serious low point around to overcome a 25 point defecit in one season? impressive
  • Clear philosophy and good style of play, on the front foot, pass and move, defending from the front
  • Has experience of winning things (ok you might say Scotland and Japan, but still winning, and has international experience too)
  • Would probably ditch Celtic to use us as a stepping stone and have a hunger to succeed here

Would be excellent IMO

Still not 100% convinced by him. 

There is no doubt about the attractive style they play but it certainly wasn't a "fast rebuild". They struggled alit at the start if the season and came short against any type of decent opposition in Europe. I think they've been flattered slightly by Rangers poor form domestically this year.

He could very well turn out to be a tip quality manager but I'm not 100% convinced as of yet. 

It's easy to see Burnley have turned it around but how much of that is the "bounce" of sacking Dyce? Not quite a new manager bounce but even Shakespeare had a promising start as caretaker and then earned himself a contract IIRC? Memory is hazy of that period probably from the UCL 🍺🍺🍺

You can never really judge a team on its immediate form after a new appointment. I'm sure we'd get a tune out of these players if we replaced Rodgers now. But will it be a long term thing is the question. 

Also I think after a while of swapping coaches, players won't respond to any manager as they lose all confidence in their own ability... Man u a good example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Would be excellent IMO

**** no!!!! As an Australian football fan, who went to many games he’s been in charge of no way, never, ever! 

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

What Diego Martinez did with Granada was amazing. Surprised he’s not been picked up yet.

Basically took them from upper mid table in the segunda to 7th in the top flight in two seasons with the lowest budget.

Pressed high when they needed to and sat deeper depending on the game. Good with youth as well. Already speaks English.

Not a bad shout, I think he worked with Unai Emery at Seville when they won so many Europa League titles. 
Certainly a far better CV than anyone obtainable working in the PL recently.

34 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

He's not attainable but I would have David Moyes in a heartbeat. It feels weird saying it but I feel like we need to go back to basics i.e. Hard work and organisation. 

Moyes is good, but still hasn’t won anything in the game and has spent most of his career with similar size clubs to where we are now. 

1 hour ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Would be excellent IMO

....failed in Europe, the natural progression for us will be getting into Europe, we do not want a Rodgers style manager with a ceiling!!!

It may be his first crack at European club football so might be doing him a disservice but we need someone who can compete in that area.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

We probably need to be careful with what we wish for. We might end up with Rooney.

We're paying Rodgers 10 million but yeah, we'll end up with Rooney - gtfo.

Edited by Phenom

6 hours ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Would be excellent IMO

Nah, the good football followers in down under knows that most of Ange's success actually created by his assistant coach named Rado Vidosic.

He was the real mastermind of Ange's Australia's domestic league success. 

He is not much better than BR.

I reckon we should go for someone from outside of UK.

Someone fiery, passionate, a little bit mad but affectionate towards players and the fans. 

Emotions is the huge part of football.

Klopp, Pep and Conte are the great example of it.

I have always been a huge fan of Christophe Galtier.

He created wonders in Lille last season beating PSG with a group of players made up with no names, rejects and semi-retirees ....

Edited by kiwiturk

13 hours ago, Scotch said:

Marcelo Gallardo is another very good young manager but admittedly more of a risk having little experience in European leagues. 

I like him. 

I’m not sure he speaks English. 

• Like 1