Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

New Manager

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Just because ownership screwed up and put this manager on a 10M salary doesn't mean they're going to do it again.

Where did I say that? 

Most managers would be ecstatic with £50k pw, that’s £2.6m per annum. Lots of wiggle room for a bigger base salary before getting anywhere close to £10m p/a.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisFilter said:

If Zidane is going to PSG as reported, I wonder if we have a cat in hell's of getting Poch. I highly, highly doubt it as we're a relative minnow, but if he misses the Prem, I suppose there might be a small chance. Guys? Guys?! 

I admire your optimism in terms of his stature but seeing as I'm not even sure we'd be able to nab someone like Potter from Brighton, I think Poch aint gonna happen.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

If Zidane is going to PSG as reported, I wonder if we have a cat in hell's of getting Poch. I highly, highly doubt it as we're a relative minnow, but if he misses the Prem, I suppose there might be a small chance. Guys? Guys?! 

We don't.

21 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Love it. 

Not going to happen, but let’s get it out there and trending…will cheer me up, if nothing else. 

:scarf:

26 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

I don't think its quite as far-fetched as you think. His stock has dropped quite substantially over the past couple of years. 

36 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

I really like that bloke. Will be interesting to see what he does next.

Mancini is one I have expected us to at least be linked with. 

41 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

....not Poch, does not seem to stay around too long, and his regime will not last too long here!!!

He works his players a lot more than I think they would like.

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If we are going to spend our transfer budget on paying off Rodgers and his team , we will need to sell valuable assets to give a new manager funds to play with. 

Just can't see Top wanting to do that

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Serious question....if we sack Rodgers and say it costs £35 million won't that mean we won't have much money to spend on new players?

Hopefully it is unlikely to cost that much, tend to be clauses and such in place that prevent having to pay out the full value of the contract

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Serious question....if we sack Rodgers and say it costs £35 million won't that mean we won't have much money to spend on new players?

Not sure how many times it needs mentioning but it never going to cost us anywhere near this, gardening leave for him and his coaches until he gets another job. His ego won’t allow him to be jobless for long.

There is no way we would pay out in full.

11 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

If he's got 3years left on his contract that will be paid over that time and with his backroom staff aswell so we most probably be paying in the region of 12.5 mill so don't think that will effect our transfer budget.

Just now, AshbyBlue said:

If he's got 3years left on his contract that will be paid over that time and with his backroom staff aswell so we most probably be paying in the region of 12.5 mill so don't think that will effect our transfer budget.

Per year

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Hopefully it is unlikely to cost that much, tend to be clauses and such in place that prevent having to pay out the full value of the contract

Rodgers' ego would definitely have allowed him to sign a contract stating if we were in the bottom half he's not eligible for anywhere near the compensation he'd get otherwise. I also think his pay is heavily incentivised so i doubt its a straight basic 10m.

No one.

We have four games left and could end up top half, we could also finish about 16th.

This has not been a good season, but Rodgers has shown he can win us the FA cup and Community Shield. (yes i know no one cares about the latter)

We have an absolute plethora of key injuries and last summers transfer window was shambolic. That said he has more than earnt the right to get another summer under his belt and make major changes. I hope that the new head of recruitment is a massive improvement on Congerton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChrisFilter said:

But it's still an open question for me on Pochettino, he couldn't win anything with a pretty fair Spurs squad (albeit with a dire chairman), and given the talent and seemingly unlimited money available at PSG he was underwhelming there too.

I see him as yet another guy that the media and pundits get wet pennies over (like Rodgers) but doesn't live up to the hype imho.

Easy to discount unfashionable names and roll with the BS.

• Like 1