Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

Happy that he got a clean sheet, but he has to go. Was fortunate not to concede last night, he is just so indecisive.

When Awioyni hit the post, I have no idea what he was doing. He appeared to have no idea as to whether he should stay on his line, or go out. 

It just meant that he was caught in no man’s land. We really need to give Iversen a run in the side.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, if Henderson keeps performing like he did last night then WH will be starting soon enough. Beaten at his near post and beaten by a free kick on which he was actually standing the side it went in and he moved away. Abysmal.

Maddison wouldn't have gone to Henderson's near side if he couldnt already tell that Henderson was going to the opposite side. Really poor from a keeper at this level to make it obvious that you're going to commit to one side of the goal on a free kick.

First I would of preferred Iversen.

Not just Rodgers..any Manager.

Ward was a patient understudy to Schmeichel.Individial talks on the odd game & promises would of been made

as to many long service Fringe players..

Rodgers in this case would have words with both Ward & Iversen..One topic..

( Most relevant to fans) would be ok you get the first call...in this case Ward.

Now Ward will also have his expectations on a first call period,also not expecting a complete team failure of picking up early points. I as a player ..GK after my

service & patience, certain amount of loyalty & holding to club promises,would now expect once the

descision made a fair 8-10 game allowance. Creeky defence,known weaknesses..let us get to know each other period in game situation..

'Most' goals were down to downright other players failings, though I should of still stopped a couple...

Give the guy time to breath...

like KDH ( not so drastic) but like Vardy,

Even Kasper..

We has LCFC fans should understand,

Late career surges..

Even if toward season end Iversen is between the sticks,Ward earns(ed) the right to be given this first ( agreed) period..

Even Iversen would of been thrown to the Lions situation,with our defensive &

Set piece attrocities & demanded loudly,( inside the walls) time in real gametime to get associated with back 5.

I reckon Ward will get a 8-12 game period...Depending on risk & reliability

level. New boy Faes,& Evans can help.

Rodgers may believe,club has given me

time & support, I will give Ward the same.

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness, if Henderson keeps performing like he did last night then WH will be starting soon enough. Beaten at his near post and beaten by a free kick on which he was actually standing the side it went in and he moved away. Abysmal.

Hennessey will still be the world cup no.1 of wales becoz Ward is bad in the league, even if he doesnt play, especially since there r no warmup matches before the WC and you do not suddenly change your starters without any match practice. However, if he is thrown into the lineup, he may concede even more goals than Ward becoz of the poor forest backline and it could indeed ruin his place! 😂😂😂

59 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Maddison wouldn't have gone to Henderson's near side if he couldnt already tell that Henderson was going to the opposite side. Really poor from a keeper at this level to make it obvious that you're going to commit to one side of the goal on a free kick.

I'm not sure many keepers in the league would have saved the free-kick, even if they had gone that way. There was plenty of speed and a bit of curl on it, plus it was right off of the post. 

Was just a moment of pure quality IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pedro02 said:

I'm not sure many keepers in the league would have saved the free-kick, even if they had gone that way. There was plenty of speed and a bit of curl on it, plus it was right off of the post. 

Was just a moment of pure quality IMO.

Maddison has been the only bright spot of the club this season. Big contrast with Ward, Ndidi and Amartey, although the latter two are played out of position 

26 minutes ago, francis39 said:

Maddison has been the only bright spot of the club this season. Big contrast with Ward, Ndidi and Amartey, although the latter two are played out of position 

With respect Danny is being played out of position at the moment. His place should be on the bench not the pitch. 

I can’t remember a game where maddison was more influential than last night. He really shone bright. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

With respect Danny is being played out of position at the moment. His place should be on the bench not the pitch. 

I can’t remember a game where maddison was more influential than last night. He really shone bright. 

he scored a goal against arsenal and then ward immediately dropped a howler to make it 1:3 LOL

Danny is not good enough even for the bench. That ppl said he is a starter of a mid-level PL team so he should start for Wales is a joke. Everybody can see he’s not good enough, it’s just Brendon’s stubbornness kept him in. 

• Like 1

Really liked the bit in the first half last night when he claimed a high ball and a section of the support sang his name. 

No goalkeeper has ever performed well whilst low on confidence - we need to get behind him. He might not be our number 1 forever but he is for now and I'm surprised there are some still looking to criticise him after a clean sheet. 

Gotta take those little Ws and hopefully will lead to strides in improvement. 

52 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

Really liked the bit in the first half last night when he claimed a high ball and a section of the support sang his name. 

No goalkeeper has ever performed well whilst low on confidence - we need to get behind him. He might not be our number 1 forever but he is for now and I'm surprised there are some still looking to criticise him after a clean sheet. 

Gotta take those little Ws and hopefully will lead to strides in improvement. 

That a GK earns a CS doesnt mean he plays well; and that a GK conceded a lot of goals doesnt mean he played badly. 

He was criticised due to his poor positioning, kicking, commanding and handling of long ball. These problems exist no matter he conceded a lot of goals or 0 goals throughout the season

Bit cross we are still having a pop after last night.

The Castagne one  was never a position to pass back because the striker was closing in so fast and Ward went over to have a word as they left at half time.Two others when he came out he didnt want to be clattering into the attacker for an almost certain pen.Great save by his feet at the end 

Mind still makes me nervous but he is taller than Kasper so Im hoping for better long term  at corners.Clean sheet  as they say in the hotel trade.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, francis39 said:

That a GK earns a CS doesnt mean he plays well; and that a GK conceded a lot of goals doesnt mean he played badly. 

He was criticised due to his poor positioning, kicking, commanding and handling of long ball. These problems exist no matter he conceded a lot of goals or 0 goals throughout the season

My point was that it's one step at a time when it comes to building a players confidence back up - particularly with goalkeeping. 

He was criticised previously for those things, but last night those problems weren't evident, so hopefully it's the start of an upturn in form. 

It was a relatively quiet evening for him, but what he did have to do I thought he did well. The early corner is the only minor criticism I can have but that would be me being hypercritical. 

8 hours ago, pedmcl said:

My point was that it's one step at a time when it comes to building a players confidence back up - particularly with goalkeeping. 

He was criticised previously for those things, but last night those problems weren't evident, so hopefully it's the start of an upturn in form. 

It was a relatively quiet evening for him, but what he did have to do I thought he did well. The early corner is the only minor criticism I can have but that would be me being hypercritical. 

that 1 on1 … he came out , and retreated, and came out again. 

if it was anyone better than awoniyi, we would have lost the match

Edited by francis39
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, francis39 said:

that 1 on1 … he came out , and retreated, and came out again. 

if it was anyone better than awoniyi, we would have lost the match

He was hesitant off his line a couple of times, but that’s reflective of his confidence being in the gutter I think.

We defo wouldn’t have lost the game against Forest, we battered them! They are awful.

27 minutes ago, blue army 1988 said:

Give the guy a break.

He's extremely low on confidence and needs to build himself back up.

We won and kept a clean sheet. That's all that matters.

We go on.

Low on confidence but also no where near good enough to be at the level we are playing at.  I honestly don't even believe he's championship level. One thing is for sure, we will continue to have big problems while we play him, and he will cost us far more points than he saves us.

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Low on confidence but also no where near good enough to be at the level we are playing at.  I honestly don't even believe he's championship level. One thing is for sure, we will continue to have big problems while we play him, and he will cost us far more points than he saves us.

Any other side would’ve got several past him on Monday night. I’m amazed Florist didn’t manage to.

96B59787-E0AF-4F1B-B417-4AD87B1B773A.thumb.jpeg.4b2888653f7b6993661764c954d10161.jpeg

• Like 1

OK OK.

He's clearly lacking in confidence right now we can all see that.

But a clean sheet Is what every keeper strives for.

May have had a couple of heart bumping moments but he got through it with no glaring errors. 

I think there's a lot of people here scrutinising his every move that have never even played in goal before and are suddenly experts at the position. 

OK It was only Forest and wasn't tested too much but he can only play what's in front of him.

Do I think he's good enough to be our number 1 ? Possibly not 

But hopefully this gives him a bit of confidence and he can push on from here.

Hrs not the only player to have struggled this season it's just unfortunate his position is exposed and easily highlighted when mistakes happen.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, francis39 said:

This exactly. The clean sheet did nothing for Ward apart from show he had a lot of luck. He flapped twice in the first half. Made that ridiculous indecisive error but was met by two out form strikers and then tried a punch which was a pat and got away with it. On another day he costs us at least 1 goal and that is being nice. 

It was another very poor performance by a very poor player. 

• Like 1