Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Watched it back. He shouts for the ball for the first goal. Awful defending from Faes.

Yes, and Ward shouts with plenty of time too. I might be wrong but i feel there is probably a lack of trust that contributed to it, and we have seen Wouts mind set has very much been to deal with everything around him. If that ball disappears high into the stands everything thinks he's awesome because he's showing intensity and getting stuck in. If he leaves it and Ward is hopelessly out of position (which we have seen many times) then everyone thinks he's useless because he's not dealing with the ball coming his way. Hopefully the 2 of them can learn and patch themselves up from this. 

The trust issues are deeply rooted in the dreadful indecisive performances Ward has shown the first many games this season, but for last night I don’t know what we expect Ward to do differently, can’t fault him, he did what he was supposed to do.

It’s the manager’s responsibility to sort this out.

• Like 2

I can only assume that there was no money budgeted nor made available for a new keeper this season, I’m also assuming the fact we spent 13m on him indicated it was always the plan for him to replace Kasper.

but it just isn’t working out. We need better. However I think we will have to wait unit the summer for a new keeper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Can't really remember Ward making any decent saves. Never seems to stop anything.

He did though, lets be honest. A couple saves from Salah, especially the one where Salah gets it out his feet at point blank range.

Liverpool had 5 shots on target so he must have saved them.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Disclaimer This is not seeking to make a comparison

How unsure, dodgy was Kasper when he became #1 initially? My memory could probably obtain the information, but it would likely give me a headache 

They got rid of him at leeds and the manager was a little bit scathing of his inability to deal with crosses and corners..

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

How unsure, dodgy was Kasper when he became #1 initially? My memory could probably obtain the information, but it would likely give me a headache 

Not as I remember. Perhaps only the Forest game, early on, when he lost his head and got sent off.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

As I remember he was a premier league class goalkeeper from the get go. In his prime which spanned quite a few seasons, he was probably a top3 GK in the league.

It makes such a difference to have a goalie who can save the day even when the team is having a bad day.

Edited by Mike1983
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

The worst thing about Ward is he is a confidence keeper

When confident He is a good GK 

Personally I would like to see better

But the worse thing we can do is get on his back

His confidence will drop again and we will go back to the awful GK we had at the start of season (or Wales had against England) and he is better than that.

Better to be a Leicester Support and support him even when he is not at his best

About spot on really.

He's the one at the moment.  We had a 6 game run even vs Man C, where we looked really solid.  He makes mistakes, but so did Kasper (quite a few the last year or two) AND they have sorted to some extent the chronic defending of corners (Newcastle excepted).

But the whole of this season he has probably made 2-3 saves per match which looked goals if he wasn't in the way.  We have bigger fires to fight this transfer window and we'll have to live with him and hope he improves and CONSISTENTLY gives of his best.

Quite impressive though when not only did he turn out for us last night but he was at Ally Pally earlier in the day vs Michael Smith in the Worlds.

3 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

As I remember he was a premier league class goalkeeper from the get go. In his prime which spanned quite a few seasons, he was probably a top3 GK in the league.

It makes such a difference to have a goalie who can save the day even when the team is having a bad day.

In his prime he was probably the most underestimated goalie in the PL.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Schmeichel was fine from when he arrived. All three Championship seasons he was top class.

• Like 2

He is a very average goalkeeper who looks uncomfortable whenever the ball is anywhere near him.  Rodgers has been bigging him up since he got here but he is not a keeper to build a team around.

Iverson must be dogshit if Ward is clearly ahead of him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He is a very average goalkeeper who looks uncomfortable whenever the ball is anywhere near him.  Rodgers has been bigging him up since he got here but he is not a keeper to build a team around.

Iverson must be dogshit if Ward is clearly ahead of him.

More like Politics, BR having to justify his decision in making him no 1. Without giving Iversen his big chance.

• Like 1

Whenever we’ve been relegated over the last 25 years from premier, can  look back on those teams. Can mostly say he was a shocker or   he was totally out his depth, the odd he was alright. I’m pretty sure  how we would all judge ward  if we went down, which  says it all, (Also ignoring his forest display in the cup and his party afterwards with hamza and co)  but we need a new keeper that can dominate the defence. 

38 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

More like Politics, BR having to justify his decision in making him no 1. Without giving Iversen his big chance.

That is typical Rodgers isn't it ??. He gets a hard on for a certain player & his pride doesn't let him back down

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He did though, lets be honest. A couple saves from Salah, especially the one where Salah gets it out his feet at point blank range.

Liverpool had 5 shots on target so he must have saved them.

This season He made some decent saves,  but no spectacular saves and many howlers