Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 hours ago, bovril said:

I'm sure this has been said a million times before but Schmeichel made saves you don't always expect goalkeepers to make; Ward can't. The saves he made today were standard for top flight goalkeepers really.

As for Perez I have to say I'm looking forward to finally noticing this good build up play and creativity other posters are mentioning that isn't simply basic stuff for a PL player.  

Ward making standard saves, Ward fanboys: I told you so! He is great! He saves many points for us! 

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Also he has zero leadership or presence and on 87 minutes to be laughing and joking with the opposition at a corner in a major quarter final when losing 2-0 shows a lack of professionalism……surprised he didn’t hold a party at his house after the game, just to demonstrate to Rodgers the level of professionalism he brings to the club. 

I noticed that and thought wtf you doing m8. You'd never see Kasper do that, a completely different mentality between the two. In fact I remember a couple of months ago, when Kasper was interviewed post-match during international duty, he was asked about how he felt about Leicester's situation, and he clearly became emotional/upset - it's clear he loves the club.

We need players with this kind of mentality...

• Like 3

On 11/01/2023 at 08:20, Mike1983 said:

I noticed that and thought wtf you doing m8. You'd never see Kasper do that, a completely different mentality between the two. In fact I remember a couple of months ago, when Kasper was interviewed post-match during international duty, he was asked about how he felt about Leicester's situation, and he clearly became emotional/upset - it's clear he loves the club.

We need players with this kind of mentality...

I noticed that too and I think the Sky people thought it significant to broadcast that snapshot in the mêlée. I'm not sure I'd have pointed it out post match in the dressing room, but it shows he's at heart a mercenary doing a job rather than fighting a cause.

There were frequent criticisms of Schmeichel on here re dominating yhe box but his reaction saves and his commitment more than made up for that, and I've been surprised by the lack of mutterings about his departure. Ward is ok but he's a journeyman - was content to be the sub. Wait long enough and the job comes to you. Goalies need to dominate, be a tad reckless and individualistic (but always to avoid using the World Cup as a codpiece).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

Here's the updated Premier league goalkeeper rankings for this season. You already know where to look to find Ward on this list, spoiler alert, he's top1 from the bottom.

ward.png

We're already shit enough as it is, but having the worst GK in the league is the final nail in the coffin.

7 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

We're already shit enough as it is, but having the worst GK in the league is the final nail in the coffin.

He's not just the worst in the premier league, he's statistically the worst in the 5 big leagues in Europe, this is not an opinion this is a fact.

We had one of the best goalkeepers in the league for how many seasons, to this embarrassing shite, don't tell me Kasper off his prime will still do as bad as Ward. We could have a bucket of pigshit in goal and still let in fewer goals than with Ward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Yet another goal where even if he doesn’t make a clanger, a PL goalkeeper could clearly have done so much better, he flies out his area so he can’t handle it, then slides to his feet making himself so small. Pathetic goalkeeping, anyone still defending him as good enough I genuinely think wants us relegated.

He doesn’t even make good saves, people who praise him keep praising him for routine, standard saves at this level when he lets so many past that a PL keeper should be doing better with. He’s exactly the type of player who if you think is passable for a starter, gets you relegated.

Before the WC, we faced many bottom teams without real big chances, and the guys here praised him for making routine saves and kept CSs

• Like 3