Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

8 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

Because his wage was too high... 

They offered him a new contract but with a significantly lower salary.

He politely refused and out of mutual respect they allowed him to talk to other clubs 

Ultimately reducing our wage bill and helping to balance the books. 

Understandable but they should have known that by not replacing a goalkeeper of Kasper calibre would be detrimental to the club.

3 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

So why won’t he rotate Ward and try Iverson in the net to see if he can do any better?

After the run of clean sheets, sadly I think this cements his position for the rest of the season. Unless he continually makes noticeable clangers for a prolonged period.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

The club yes. NOT solely Rodgers

Again...he chooses to keep him in the starting line up and between the post as his No 1

Look the stats shown in an earlier post prove he's a bit dog poo (oh with regards to Fabianski, he's 7th by the way) he's performed poorly in matces to earn them. Yes the defence could be better but there have been times where pundits and ex keepers have commented he could have done better...

Your defence of him and possibly Rodgers too is admiral my friend, but they are both a bit crap...

6 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

Again...he chooses to keep him in the starting line up and between the post as his No 1

Look the stats shown in an earlier post prove he's a bit dog poo (oh with regards to Fabianski, he's 7th by the way) he's performed poorly in matces to earn them. Yes the defence could be better but there have been times where pundits and ex keepers have commented he could have done better...

Your defence of him and possibly Rodgers too is admiral my friend, but they are both a bit crap...

Listen mate, im entitled to my opinion as much as you.

Have i at any point said Ward is the future, Rodgers is the future etc? No in haven't.

I've admitted we need a new keeper but i believe we have other positions need addressing first and i stand by the fact i dont believe he's as bad as people on here say.

Have i said i truly stand by Rodgers? No i haven't, i said i was 50/50 as there's other issues as well as Rodgers

29 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Listen mate, im entitled to my opinion as much as you.

Have i at any point said Ward is the future, Rodgers is the future etc? No in haven't.

I've admitted we need a new keeper but i believe we have other positions need addressing first and i stand by the fact i dont believe he's as bad as people on here say.

Have i said i truly stand by Rodgers? No i haven't, i said i was 50/50 as there's other issues as well as Rodgers

Oh dear..I seem to touched a nerve people.

You are correct, you are entitled to your opinion and I've never at any point denied you that.

All ive done along with the majority in this thread is  disagreed with you..

With regards to the Ward and Rodgers being the future, I'm not sure why you bring that up as I've certainly not mentioned it

I'm happy you stand by your posts. You should be as you had the conviction to post them and say those things.

Ok  I'll stand by my opinion then.

Ward is crap, stats prove it. He was also crap for Wales and stats prove that also..and I in turn belive that he is as bad as others on here also say he is.

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

3rd lowest save average 

after Southampton and Bournemouth keeper

Pope number one with nearly double the average 

Bear in mind too that the Bournemouth keeper in question is Travers who’s their reserve keeper that had to step up for most of this season due to an injury to their number one choice. Travers, like Ward is League 1 standard imo. 

5 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Thought he did well today, I think that was the first time I’ve seen him keep us in a game, instead of the other way around.

Unfortunately, he’s still quite shit.

Not convinced I'd call him doing well. And I think today is kind of an example that people are saying when many who say "Ward isn't as bad as people say" every time he makes any save at all, no matter how simple it is.

He did largely as expected I'd say outside of the gifting of Brighton the chance in the first half. He made 2 very routine saves which were straight at him, you'd be calling a League Two keeper out of his depth if they didn't make them. In the meantime, in the first half, he gave Brighton a gilt-edge change by flapping at the ball and them missing a free header, then he went complaining to the ref he was being fouled (he wasn't). If Brighton score that goal that was harder to miss than score, he'd be rightfully getting dog's abuse tbf.

It wasn't his fault we drew, but I wouldn't say he did particularly well either.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Thought he did well today, I think that was the first time I’ve seen him keep us in a game, instead of the other way around.

Unfortunately, he’s still quite shit.

Very fortunate the lad missed that header, as he was far too busy looking for a foul that wasn't there