Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Sorry everyone. I'm like a dog with a bone tonight on this.

I've seen poor poor players for the club. But Ward is the only one we've ever employed who's so bad to be an existential threat to us actually being a club. 

...Dennis Wise?

• Like 3

C'mon. Yet one more self-gratifying vendetta against a bloke who's obviously not that bad a keeper. No-one gets to second-string at a Premier Club and plays for his country without having ability.

This is the worst of social media on the Internet. You can bad mouth anyone with no comeback and enjoy doing it with all yer like minded mates. It might be amusing but it's not funny.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, gerblod said:

C'mon. Yet one more self-gratifying vendetta against a bloke who's obviously not that bad a keeper. No-one gets to second-string at a Premier Club and plays for his country without having ability.

This is the worst of social media on the Internet. You can bad mouth anyone with no comeback and enjoy doing it with all yer like minded mates. It might be amusing but it's not funny.

He obviously is a bad keeper And if I stood next to him I wouldn't be afraid to tell him either. Because if he threw a punch he's miss.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

29 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Lol how much did Rodgers pay for him? £12m wasn’t it? Banters levels of transfer acumen 

Think Puel bought him. Either way, it’s absolutely unbelievable we paid £12M.

For me, he’s up there with one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for us. I watched the goals back this morning.

Horrific 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Mate I’m usually the first to defend people on here. I hate the whole mob mentality thing too. But objectively , statistically he was awful last season. Based on nothing but stats (nothing to do with him as person or any personal digs at all) he was literally one of the worst keepers in any of the top leagues globally. That is not an overstatement it’s what the numbers say. I agree the personal stuff is out of order and I for one have never called him out on anything but his football. But there is nothing much wrong I can see with people saying “he is not good at his job”. Of course calling him names, etc is wrong and I don’t think I’ve ever done that to any player ever.

For me personally I’m not even mad at Ward at all. I’m mad at Brendan. For playing him when clearly he wasn’t quite good enough. (He’s not a bad guy, I don’t hate him, I’m not picking on him, he just wasn’t good enough to play for us at the level we were at and objectively he was a big factor in our relegation). But that’s not even his fault. I’m sure he tried his best and he seems a decent guy. It’s Brendan’s fault. I’m furious with him for many of the decisions he made while managing us. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Scot Carson just won a champions league medal with one of the worlds biggest clubs. Sometimes you get lucky

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

er could you define a bad keeper, i'm a bit lost

Looks like the majority a fan don't believe Ward is go enough and I do have sympathy.

I don't blame any one aspect of the club, because either through circumstance (Covid), Owners making errors, manager warnings not listened too and errors made, players underperforming on a massive scale and a large number fans turning on the club at every opportunity. It should have not as any surprise we got relegated.

But. Coming back to this thread.

Look at the premiership stats for both our keepers.

Ward played 26 games conceded 46 goals that's 1.7 goals per game with 1 in 4 game a clean sheet.

Iversen played 12 games conceding 22 goals that's 1.8 goals per game with a 1 in 12 game clean sheet.

So why is everyone down on Ward, when Iversen is just as bad, even though virtually every support wanted him instead of ward. When it's obvious that the fault lies not with one player but the club.

That's the past and this is a new season, new manager and a lot of new players. Let's move on.

2 minutes ago, Nuneaton Foxster said:

Looks like the majority a fan don't believe Ward is go enough and I do have sympathy.

I don't blame any one aspect of the club, because either through circumstance (Covid), Owners making errors, manager warnings not listened too and errors made, players underperforming on a massive scale and a large number fans turning on the club at every opportunity. It should have not as any surprise we got relegated.

Ward played 26 games conceded 46 goals that's 1.7 goals per game with 1 in 4 game a clean sheet.

Iversen played 12 games conceding 22 goals that's 1.8 goals per game with a 1 in 12 game clean sheet.

So why is everyone down on Ward, when Iversen is just as bad, even though virtually every support wanted him instead of ward. When it's obvious that the fault lies not with one player but the club.

That's the past and this is a new season, new manager and a lot of new players. Let's move on.

Unless they both played identical fixtures with identical defenses in front of them, any comparisons are not an exact science.  Agree about the Club though.  Kasper appears to have left suddenly and in hindsight the back-up plan we had was inadequate and a contributory factor to our relegation. Personally, I think Iversen will be fine in a better coached defensive unit against lesser quality players.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nuneaton Foxster said:

I'll tell you why, we don't look at stats that are a consequence of the whole team defending and base it on that. Oh and we've actually watched them both.