Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 hour ago, Nuneaton Foxster said:

Looks like the majority a fan don't believe Ward is go enough and I do have sympathy.

I don't blame any one aspect of the club, because either through circumstance (Covid), Owners making errors, manager warnings not listened too and errors made, players underperforming on a massive scale and a large number fans turning on the club at every opportunity. It should have not as any surprise we got relegated.

But. Coming back to this thread.

Look at the premiership stats for both our keepers.

Ward played 26 games conceded 46 goals that's 1.7 goals per game with 1 in 4 game a clean sheet.

Iversen played 12 games conceding 22 goals that's 1.8 goals per game with a 1 in 12 game clean sheet.

So why is everyone down on Ward, when Iversen is just as bad, even though virtually every support wanted him instead of ward. When it's obvious that the fault lies not with one player but the club.

That's the past and this is a new season, new manager and a lot of new players. Let's move on.

Sample size is smaller. And Iversen had to play with a team shattered of form and confidence. Iversen didn't appear to concede any easy goals. Also, Iversen made saves from shots that appeared to have a good chance of going in. 

Just one example, do you think Ward would've got down for that late Doucoure shot? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Sample size is smaller. And Iversen had to play with a team shattered of form and confidence. Iversen didn't appear to concede any easy goals. Also, Iversen made saves from shots that appeared to have a good chance of going in. 

Just one example, do you think Ward would've got down for that late Doucoure shot? 

Disagree, there was certainly 2 goals vs Fulham I consider him conceding easy goals he should’ve done much better on.

Iversen was a much better shot stopper and clearly an upgrade on Ward but I’m far from convinced he’s genuinely the answer either 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

We need to sign a new goalkeeper who can effectively command our defence, possesses at least average distribution, and is a decent shot-stopper. Iversen only fulfills one of these criteria, I agree with the previous statement that he is not the solution if our objective is to secure promotion back into the Premier League promptly.

Regarding Ward, I believe he should be demoted to the third or fourth choice goalkeeper. In my opinion, his 26 consecutive starts for us last season were the primary contributing factor to our relegation, and several fans were calling it early in the season.

The club must prioritize and address the keeper situation seriously. Until this critical issue is resolved and a PL-class keeper is secured, our prospects for promotion will remain bleak imo.

41 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Who knows, but based on stats there's nothing to choose between them 

I would agree that Iversen has more potential Possibly, but the point I was making is that no one person is to blame and no one blames the 4 players in front of them, it's a team game after all and to blame one player or manager in my opinion is wrong.

Supporters are looking for scape goats when the club as a whole is responsible!

5 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

We need to sign a new goalkeeper who can effectively command our defence, possesses at least average distribution, and is a decent shot-stopper. Iversen only fulfills one of these criteria, I agree with the previous statement that he is not the solution if our objective is to secure promotion back into the Premier League promptly.

Regarding Ward, I believe he should be demoted to the third or fourth choice goalkeeper. In my opinion, his 26 consecutive starts for us last season were the primary contributing factor to our relegation, and several fans were calling it early in the season.

The club must prioritize and address the keeper situation seriously. Until this critical issue is resolved and a PL-class keeper is secured, our prospects for promotion will remain bleak imo.

We had one and he jumped ship because like Roger saw what was coming.

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Should be the first player to shift, if we can. Not good enough and we have a cheaper, younger and far better alternative. 

Who's bidding for him though? No one will pay a fee for him, he's an absolute joke throughout the country. Even if they did he wouldn't take the inevitable pay cut. He's here until the bitter end.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Can we pay a Saudi team to take him? 

Not a bad plan, tbh. Rudkin should reach out to the Saudis and let them know that we can no longer afford the wages of our former Liverpool star goalkeeper. As a result, we are willing to offer him at a discounted price.

We need Ward to be as far away from Leicester as possible, and Saudi Arabia wouldn’t be a bad start.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who's bidding for him though? No one will pay a fee for him, he's an absolute joke throughout the country. Even if they did he wouldn't take the inevitable pay cut. He's here until the bitter end.

Yeah i did think that after posting. There can't be a scout in the world that would recommend him.

12 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Mate I’m usually the first to defend people on here. I hate the whole mob mentality thing too. But objectively , statistically he was awful last season. Based on nothing but stats (nothing to do with him as person or any personal digs at all) he was literally one of the worst keepers in any of the top leagues globally. That is not an overstatement it’s what the numbers say. I agree the personal stuff is out of order and I for one have never called him out on anything but his football. But there is nothing much wrong I can see with people saying “he is not good at his job”. Of course calling him names, etc is wrong and I don’t think I’ve ever done that to any player ever.

For me personally I’m not even mad at Ward at all. I’m mad at Brendan. For playing him when clearly he wasn’t quite good enough. (He’s not a bad guy, I don’t hate him, I’m not picking on him, he just wasn’t good enough to play for us at the level we were at and objectively he was a big factor in our relegation). But that’s not even his fault. I’m sure he tried his best and he seems a decent guy. It’s Brendan’s fault. I’m furious with him for many of the decisions he made while managing us. 

You can't argue with stats and someone has to come last. I'm as angry as you with Rodgers stilted selections and his f**king favouritism. I guess I'm the bleeding heart on this forum, because I dislike the incessant vilification of players on here. It lowers the atmosphere from objective discussion and, I guess, argument to a creeping nastiness. Posters are angry at the grave the City establishment dug for the team, but the whole team was demotivated, had lost confidence and vision. It's hardly surprising nothing was going right and, of course, the guy between the sticks is the one who gets noticed above all.

I take your point - he's underperformed...in an underperforming team. Iversen is the better choice. Rodgers cast a noxious spell over the squad and the stink of it will take some scrubbing to remove.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gerblod said:

You can't argue with stats and someone has to come last. I'm as angry as you with Rodgers stilted selections and his f**king favouritism. I guess I'm the bleeding heart on this forum, because I dislike the incessant vilification of players on here. It lowers the atmosphere from objective discussion and, I guess, argument to a creeping nastiness. Posters are angry at the grave the City establishment dug for the team, but the whole team was demotivated, had lost confidence and vision. It's hardly surprising nothing was going right and, of course, the guy between the sticks is the one who gets noticed above all.

I take your point - he's underperformed...in an underperforming team. Iversen is the better choice. Rodgers cast a noxious spell over the squad and the stink of it will take some scrubbing to remove.

Yeah I agree with you in the main, I hate player blaming in general and of course he’s not the sole reason we got relegated. I feel sorry for him, I’m sure he’s a decent guy. As I say, I hold Rodgers far more culpable than any player. Tbf also, Iversen statistically was only very marginally better. I do think though if he’d played every game we’d have just scraped survival. He’ll be ok for next season probably but we need a long term replacement number 1 keeper. 

• Like 1

I think what bothers me most about this whole debacle is that, in his few cameos for us in the cup, he'd looked decent in those preceding years. He single-handedly got us through a couple of ties with his performances in penalty shootouts too.

Then again, it's bloody hard to get your positioning wrong when the laws of the game say you have to stay on your line. lol

For what it did to us as a club, I have to unfortunately agree that he's the worst I've seen in our shirt now. Ricardo (the washed-up Sven signing, not sweet Ricky P) can now breathe a heavy sigh of relief.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I think what bothers me most about this whole debacle is that, in his few cameos for us in the cup, he'd looked decent in those preceding years. He single-handedly got us through a couple of ties with his performances in penalty shootouts too.

Then again, it's bloody hard to get your positioning wrong when the laws of the game say you have to stay on your line. lol

For what it did to us as a club, I have to unfortunately agree that he's the worst I've seen in our shirt now. Ricardo (the washed-up Sven signing, not sweet Ricky P) can now breathe a heavy sigh of relief.

Sweet summer child I envy you if up until this season Ricardo was the worst keeper you've ever seen play for us lol