Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 minute ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

That's the least of our problems at this point. He's a liability. Concedes goals too easily, giving the opponent the lead and a mental boost. 

Agreed which is why it's a problem, not the least of our problems (?).

ward wound not start for most championship teams - I recon his form costs us points in 1 in 5 games i.e. we  draw instead of win (-2) or lose instead of draw (-1) - so that's say 1.5 points every 5 games - which is about 11points per season - with a reasonable goalie we would have 6 points more by now.  We won't push on with him in goal.  How bad must Iverson be in training?.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I know De Gea is World Class but today summed up why every good team needs a good goalkeeper.

De Gea keeps Man Utd in the game, and that's the difference. We don't have a goalkeeper that will keep us in the game.

How many times did kasper make an unbelievable save early in a game and we went on to win ?  It’s what good keepers do. Ward’s problem is that he doesn’t make unbelievable saves - he’s a keeper - he isnt a good keeper 

• Like 4

Just now, foxinsocks said:

ward wound not start for most championship teams - I recon his form costs us points in 1 in 5 games i.e. we  draw instead of win (-2) or lose instead of draw (-1) - so that's say 1.5 points every 5 games - which is about 11points per season - with a reasonable goalie we would have 6 points more by now.  We won't push on with him in goal.  How bad must Iverson be in training?.

I think iverson isn’t good with his feet and that’s what rodgers considers to be most important the way he wants to play 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think iverson isn’t good with his feet and that’s what rodgers considers to be most important the way he wants to play 

Ward lets in any shot on target - we could employ a fat bloke and he would stop more.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Compare that to Schmeichel who would rush out and make himself big to make it hard for the striker. Ward does the worst of both worlds, neither stays on his line nor goes to close it down.

GettyImages-1250960400.jpg?strip=all&w=9

One of the biggest differences between Ward and Schmeichel is that Schmeichel has his eyes on the ball in this situation. 

53 minutes ago, Parafox said:

If you think back to the FT matchday threads from last season and the season before, so many numpties on here wanted KS gone because he didn't come for crosses, his distribution and kicking out of his area was poor. 

There was no other real criticism. 

He's gone, now look what we have in his place. 

He comes for crosses. 

The thing is you always have to take match threads with a pinch of salt. Fans of all clubs while the game is going on are in no way reasonable or calculated in their review or assessment of what is happening. In that environment criticism (no matter how ridiculous) is going to happen of all players. And very few players are flawless - so it’s easier to pick out that fault.

The issue I have with Ward is he shouldn’t be anywhere near this league. I mean even as a number 2. It’s a privilege to play football it’s an absolute gift to play PL football - how he can repeatedly be given that gift by us is not only frustrating but embarrassing too. Goalies work very hard to develop in all leagues, the old days of just being good at crosses and shot stopping are long gone. They’ve got to be good with their feet. Play the sweeper role. Command/communicate - he doesn’t seem to be capable of any of those. He will cost us points and he has cost us points. For both the club and the players benefit, he needs to be taken out of the firing line. The fact is, the criticism is of the club who have had at the club for a few years and we’re still comfortable with going through two transfer windows without protecting us. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Type his name in Twitter.

He is the worst keeper I’ve seen play for us, I’m going back to the early 90’s. 
It’s absolute neglect at this point from Rodgers. We’ve conceded the most goals now bar Bournemouth and we’ve lost the most games bar Southampton. Defence has been poor but the Goalkeeper situation needs addressing now.

enough is enough

Iversen must be shagging both Brendan's wife and daughter for him not to play at this point, either that or Ward has something on him.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I struggle to believe this because if that’s the case we may as well put a centre mid in from the academy. They’d be a lot better with their feet and they’d probably be no worse at saving shots. Ward isn’t very good with his feet, iversen must be elvis hammond levels of bad with his feet if that’s the only thing stopping him getting a game

Nothing more to add that's not already been said.

Should be dropped off at Stoke Citys ground for free en route back to Leicester......along with a few others....as that's their level.

Edited by Raj

Guest Col city fan

Danny Ward showed today how imperative it is for City to go out in the summer and spend what it takes to buy a Prem league standard keeper.

De Gea makes two splendid first half saves to keep us from taking the lead. At the other end, Rashford slides it into a gaping chasm of a goal, due to Ward’s piss poor positioning.

I’m struggling to think of a worse keeper for Leicester for a long long time.

And to think, some thought we’d be fine replacing Schmeichel for this rubbish!