Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

A fair few thought that. Probably all the weight he’s carrying

I don’t think it was a terrible idea to give him a try, but after the Southampton game Iversen needed to come in. 

Funnily enough, I actually thought he looked slimmer today. I'm convinced he's lost weight, which if it was the case (and it might not be)

a) why was he in such poor condition in the first place? His only job for 4 years has been to keep fit. 

b) it might also be indicative of the pressure he's feeling. A symptom of blind panic as he scrambles to get up to speed.

8 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

He’s probably not the worst goalie we’ve ever had but he must be the most out of his depth player we’ve had.

Well i`ve been going down the City since 1974, and i think he is. We had Mark Grew for a few games in around 83, and he was deadfull too, so a pretty close run thing between the two of them, but i think Ward just about edges it for me. 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Funnily enough, I actually thought he looked slimmer today. I'm convinced he's lost weight, which if it was the case (and it might not be)

a) why was he in such poor condition in the first place? His only job for 4 years has been to keep fit. 

b) it might also be indicative of the pressure he's feeling. A symptom of blind panic as he scrambles to get up to speed.

Kasper always said he had to go on loan in the lower divisions to play - he could not sit idle on the bench doing nothing. 

Ward hasn’t got the same mental strength, which is why he looks so nervous now the pressure and limelight is on him. 

But really Rodgers is to blame here. I get wanting to stick by your number 1 and backing them through a tough patch, but when you’re getting tonked every week and the defence looks terrified, you’ve got to make the change. 

The real winner in this is Schmeichel because now we see how lucky we were to have such a consistent goalkeeper and leader for 11(!) years. He is so sorely missed :cry:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Players need protecting and he needs pulling out the side for our and his own good, getting hammered every game. Iverson deserves a chance.

Agree. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers is having the fella there as a human shield to deflect criticism from himself. 

Ward's awful. But i have no personal grudge. As you say, he needs protection because this is gonna turn nasty.

• Like 2