Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Spot on.

Particularly about Schmeichel who was clearly reaching the end of a Premier League career.

Having Ward now makes me think back on Kasper VERY fondly. 

Even the Fabianski’s of this world are proven Premier League standard keepers and are head and shoulders above Ward.

To be fair even a bottle of head and shoulders would be head and shoulders above Ward . . . 

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

There are probably a fair few second choice Prem keepers who would be a decent upgrade aren't there?

Most are in fact, and lots have been available but it appears our clubs thinks that Ward is good or even average and that we dont need them.

If the clown IS actually better than Iverson then god help us if we have to use him!

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ward is not a mid table PL keeper. Leno, Fabianski, Guiatta, Sanchez, Martinez, Henderson, Sa, Raya are current mid table PL keepers - Ward isn’t fit to be their understudy! 

Fans are not being ridiculous here, it’s questionable whether Ward is good enough for Championship let alone the PL. He lacks significantly quality and it be nice to get the Allison regen but I’d settle for a equivalent of our direct competitors and the list above. 

It was a typo, I forgot to add league one to the sentence. And yes I completely agree with you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers towards the end of last season was saying that we had two number ones in Kasper and Ward - was probably expecting Kasper to leave and wanted to big up Ward

Then in the summer once Kasper left he very much put his hat on Ward being his chosen number 1 - should’ve gone for the “I have two number ones” again, given Iversen more of a chance, and not made it seem like Ward had it comfortably which it does unfortunately look like he has

Dropping Ward would require Rodgers to go back on his word about him being his number 1, which I don’t think he will do unfortunately

This is exactly it. Rodgers has made a decision and a huge statement about it. He won't back track on it even if its detrimental to the team (which it is). 

At no point this season has Ward justified the decision. It all comes down to the managers ego again. 

11 hours ago, J. James said:

Most are in fact, and lots have been available but it appears our clubs thinks that Ward is good or even average and that we dont need them.

If the clown IS actually better than Iverson then god help us if we have to use him!

We have used him three times and he's not let a goal in and won us a penalty shoot out.

Seen nothing to suggest he isn't better. Madness.

• Like 1

You know its bad when were 3 - 0  down and all I'm hoping for is Ward to make a terrible decision and get sent off (like Pope last week)

3 Match ban forces Iversen into the starting line up - would be a god send :fc:

He's got a blunder in him, that's surely our best hope... but unfortunately he just seems no where near it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

the weird thing is, Iversen had more recent genuine experience at the start of this season than Ward, albeit elsewhere and in the championship.

Ward last played as a regular in 2017 in the league (ignoring international apps) and that was championship also.

the idea he is our definite no.1 as proclaimed by rogers isnt even logical

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ParkerPen said:

the weird thing is, Iversen had more recent genuine experience at the start of this season than Ward, albeit elsewhere and in the championship.

Ward last played as a regular in 2017 in the league (ignoring international apps) and that was championship also.

the idea he is our definite no.1 as proclaimed by rogers isnt even logical

He watches them both train with the first team, if Iversen was even on par surely he would’ve got his chance now. 
I get the perseverance bit, after he got off to a shaky start, but 20 odd games later and he is still rank.
If you’re Iversen and you can’t get a game in front of Ward, you wouldn’t want to stick around for long with BR in charge.

• Like 3

On 20/02/2023 at 14:49, Gazza M said:

Brendan has some blind loyalty to him because he has been sat on the bench for 4 years and feels Ward has been patient mixed with refusing to back track on his own opinion at the start of the season.

In reality Ward has been doing a "Vesty" and getting a tidy sum for the odd cup match. Now he has been thrust in, it has become apparent he isn't good enough. 

Sadly I agree. I waited patiently for him to be given a chance and then come good.

So far quite ordinary, or disappointing. He can’t make any WC saves which you would hope a PL keeper to at least give our defence something to hope for if they fxvk up. Now if our defence makes a mistake, like Faes did, unless the opposition misses the target, you just know Ward cannot save it.