Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

For me, the continual selection of Ward and the blind faith shown in him by Rodgers is the major factor in why we should be considered serious relegation candidates. He is visibly and statistically the weakest 1st choice keeper in the Premier League - I genuinely can’t even see him making the bench for the vast majority of the other premier league teams. You could argue that he’s better than Bournemouth reserve keeper Travers but other than that, it’s difficult to argue a case for him making the bench anywhere else. I feel for Iversen, Ward has had no right to go through this season as a premier league ever-present

based on his form but he remains steadfastly Rodgers’ golden boy between the sticks. This decision alone could end up with the team relegated and a humiliating sack for Brendan. 

Agreed, but I could see Brendan being in charge even if we got relegated.

• Like 1

He's an average Champ keeper who was happy to pick up a PL wage as a backup. He wasn't pushing Kasper previously, just happy to sit on the bench and collect his wages. Kasper leaving has pushed him into the number 1 slot and I'm not even sure he wants it.

• Like 3

Was asked at the game today what I thought of Ward, my reply, terrible keeper, was asked again if this, if that etc., etc., yada yada and my reply, terrible keeper.

I'd rather see a broom from the cleaners closet have the jersey than drop van winkle.

He just… doesn’t save anything?

I can’t recall one big save he’s pulled out of the bag in a long time. Seems like every time our opponents get into a decent area to get a shot off it ends up in the back of the net.

He gets done by that shot that Trossard scored with today all the time too. That far post curler.

6 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Starting Ward in every game is like trying to win the premier league with Woking in Football Manager.

Such an absurd handicap to take on.

I managed it with York, once (FM 2006, though, which is a bit easier) - but it did take a long time, far longer than Ward and BR has (I hope) :P

• Haha 1

I remember a carabao cup game where we lost on pens to Man City. Sterling sent his over the bar, and Ward walked up towards him goading him in his face. He actually moved the fastest I can remember him ever doing so the fat twat, and I knew right then we wouldn't win it. We missed 3 on the bounce and Man City ended up winning 3-1. That was the day I knew this man was a cnut, and he has never shown anything to prove me wrong. Bin.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Do you mean cause there’s not much fight? We certainly are in danger im amazed no one outside of us seems to realise this. 

We will be fine.

When we lose, the sky is falling and we have no fight.

When we win, we are back.

Truth is, we fall somewhere in the middle.

5 minutes ago, marbles said:

We will be fine.

When we lose, the sky is falling and we have no fight.

When we win, we are back.

Truth is, we fall somewhere in the middle.

Without Madders we are very,very ordinary. 

I honestly think we are in a big relegation scrap and with our weak mentality, negative manager, constant failure to score at home,terrible home atmosphere and injury prone players, we are right in it.

Madders needs to play in the majority of our remaining games or I think we'll be very close to going down

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

I honestly think we are in a big relegation scrap and with our weak mentality, negative manager, constant failure to score at home,terrible home atmosphere and injury prone players, we are right in it.

Madders needs to play in the majority of our remaining games or I think we'll be very close to going down

I agree 100 %. With Maddison we will finish nearer to mid table. Without him there is little creativity and we can’t rely on Vardy anymore it increasingly looks like to get us out of trouble any more. Sadly.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Agreed! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

The thing i dont get is Rodgers has changed literally everyone in the starting 11 at some point this season barring maybe Barnes (as we had no other winger) but yet Ward carries on week after week 🤣 Bizarre show of loyalty

Because while Kasper was here he claimed he had 2 number ones, to a point where he dropped our no.1 for a game at Watford to try and prove a point.

For him to drop him now, admits he was totally wrong, and brand Brendan is never wrong. The blokes a cnut 

Edited by snoopy87
  • Like 3