Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

What surprises me is when people say “at least he’s better than Kasper at distributing and coming for crosses”

They weren’t Kasper’s strong points, but all I ever see Ward do is kick the ball straight back to the opposition and Ward is a way bigger flapper than Kasper ever was and seems to miss at least one cross and leave his goal open by flapping at it virtually every game.

Absolutely spot on

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already but watching Saka’s disallowed goal.

He actually curls up into the fetal position to make himself smaller.

If we get relegated then Ward would be in the top 3 reasons why.

Said that at the time watching directly behind that in the family stand, firstly the attacker knocked the ball a couple of yards in front of himself,at that point he should have slid in to grab the ball or have been at worst able to block the cross/shot before it got to Saka, instead he just stayed routed to the spot & seem to make himself as small as possible. Shocking.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

The thing i dont get is Rodgers has changed literally everyone in the starting 11 at some point this season barring maybe Barnes (as we had no other winger) but yet Ward carries on week after week 🤣 Bizarre show of loyalty

This is this quandary, I just can’t get my head around….

Take Ward out the line of fire,Iversen ain’t going to lose you more games,and maybe just maybe we find Ourselves at least one competent Goalkeeper.

Its inparitive we hold onto points, Iversen can make our run in a lot more easy..

It ain’t a difficult descision….Rodgers just fking make it,you can’t lose,you might see us turn those close games…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

What surprises me is when people say “at least he’s better than Kasper at distributing and coming for crosses”

They weren’t Kasper’s strong points, but all I ever see Ward do is kick the ball straight back to the opposition and Ward is a way bigger flapper than Kasper ever was and seems to miss at least one cross and leave his goal open by flapping at it virtually every game.

In the old days,we use to call some other GKers a flapper…

Now we have one of own….like skippy,& Flipper, they too speak in strange tongue 

and do silly tricks,

but they at least would be better Goalkeepers.. 

6 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yes, it isn't as though Ward is like Ederson with his passing and that makes up for his many other weaknesses. The dropdown we have had is massive. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Iverson must be terrible.

Well, the little we've seen of him he looks like a fantastic shot stopper. Suspect with his feet but that's a small price to pay for having a goalkeeper, who's, you know, good at goalkeeping.

Brendan doesn't have favourites or players he doesn't fancy for no reason though...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Well, the little we've seen of him he looks like a fantastic shot stopper. Suspect with his feet but that's a small price to pay for having a goalkeeper, who's, you know, good at goalkeeping.

Brendan doesn't have favourites or players he doesn't fancy for no reason though...

Ward isnt good with his feet though, thats the funny thing

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

I’ve never seen a GK with such terrible positioning. Yet again, he’s so far over to the near post, a pea roller to the side of him is good enough to creep slowly in the goal. 

What is Stowell playing at? He literally needs to tell him not to worry about his near post! He gets so far over he practically gives attackers 98% of the frikking goal to aim at!!!!

Absolutely woeful GK! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Viktor-LCFC said:

The fact City weren't all over the Keylor Navas loan is absolutely criminal.

It has been reported that Forest is paying half of his £200k per week wage, but I doubt we were willing to pay that much.

Interestingly, we were considering Lafont as a potential long-term replacement for Kasper. However, it's worth noting that Lafont is currently ranked as the 9th best keeper in Ligue 1, whereas Kasper Schmeichel is now ranked 2nd.

It's ironic that we might end up paying significantly more to replace Kasper than to keep him and pay him what he wanted in the first place.