Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

4 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

It has been reported that Forest is paying half of his £200k per week wage, but I doubt we were willing to pay that much.

Interestingly, we were considering Lafont as a potential long-term replacement for Kasper. However, it's worth noting that Lafont is currently ranked as the 9th best keeper in Ligue 1, whereas Kasper Schmeichel is now ranked 2nd.

It's ironic that we might end up paying significantly more to replace Kasper than to keep him and pay him what he wanted in the first place.

The club clearly believed that Ward was a number 1 in waiting. Rodgers said it himself and ended up having just that. 

With it coming to light that Kasper was starting to upset a few, combined with his wages and Top probably promising him he would always get him a move - it isn't suprising things transpired how they did.

You'd think even a decent quality championship goalkeeper would have been a risk worth taking for them. Sadly I don't think he's even that level.

• Like 1

I mean, Danny ward likes to leave a huge gap on one side of the goal, but Iverson on the first goal did a full length dive to his left, and didn't even get past the centre of the goal when he landed. If that's not piss poor positioning I don't know what is.  And the shot wasn't that far off central.  It's appalling goalkeeping even at Sunday league level.

Edited by kristianity77

Iversen (although looked good saving 3 penalties earlier this season) looked dodgy against Walsall, positioning was poor today. Yes he made saves, but Ward has done that once of twice this season.

It really doesn't matter who we play in goal as we do not have a decent option in the squad

29 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Both the same to me. We just need a new goalkeeper. 

You got two dogshit keepers you can't replace them until summer, do you choose the least dogshit keeper or do you gamble and put Alex Smithies in the net?

Edited by BillyFOX12

Guest glasgowfox

They are both lower championship at best and that's me being lenient....shit keepers and without maddison not a clue going forward

Edited by glasgowfox

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Goalies will be perfect for next season the way we’re going….

Not sure they'll be good enough to keep us up though

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

Iversen (although looked good saving 3 penalties earlier this season) looked dodgy against Walsall, positioning was poor today. Yes he made saves, but Ward has done that once of twice this season.

It really doesn't matter who we play in goal as we do not have a decent option in the squad

This is a golden nugget of a comment 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, glasgowfox said:

They are both lower championship at best and that's me being lenient....shit keepers and without maddison not a clue going forward

Rubbish Iversen was Preston’s best player last year. Last 3 players we had excel in championship are Barnes, KDH and Maddison

not playing Iversen especially after tonight is self sabotage

Both Iverson and Ward are average. Iverson got away with a few sketchy passes tonite but was better than Ward has been in recent times. 

Not sure he should have let the first goal in, wasn’t right in the corner from seeing it at the ground behind the goal but I may be wrong. Probably caught off guard too by Amartey giving the ball away stupidly. 

He did make 1 very good save first half and can see his shot stopping ability. 

End of the day we need a new number 1 in the summer. 

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

If you're happy that you think you've been proved right by Ward being a better goalie then you are one weird ****ing human being

I’m just disappointed both are meh. They’re not terrible in the sense that they don’t mistakes every time they play, but aren’t anywhere near good enough either to be relied upon. Neither give the back line or fans any confidence.

Losing my head here. Iversen is a fine goalkeeper probably bottom 5 in PL standard, hard to know cos of limited game time.

Ward is a clown. Shouldn’t start for a championship club. Forest signed a new keeper on the basis that Hennessy would play 6 games (who starts in front of Ward for Wales). 

Iversen looks like a goalkeeper and makes saves you would expect a PL keeper to make. No competition, he should start on Saturday. Last 3 players who excelled in championship for us are Maddison, Barnes and KDH

Edited by eblair
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

Both Iverson and Ward are average. Iverson got away with a few sketchy passes tonite but was better than Ward has been in recent times. 

Not sure he should have let the first goal in, wasn’t right in the corner from seeing it at the ground behind the goal but I may be wrong. Probably caught off guard too by Amartey giving the ball away stupidly. 

He did make 1 very good save first half and can see his shot stopping ability. 

End of the day we need a new number 1 in the summer. 

Saying that both are average goalkeepers at this level is like saying a sieve is an average water container. Far below average...

• Haha 1