Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Danny Ward saving a penalty is the equivalent of Zak Crawley hitting a half century. You know full well it'll be the justification for him playing the next 20 games 

He could go for a shit mid game and still concede less goals, he reminds me of an air traffic controller, guiding the strikers to the net.

22 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

As shite as he is, the fact that our keeper is one of hot topics despite the rest of the team not having a shot on target for two games is ridiculous. 

It’s not ridiculous though. We can see that we can’t easily change the striker situation as Iheanacho is clearly our best striker even though he had a shocker tonight.  There’s no easy solution up front. Vardy needs to retire and Daka looks way off it. In goal a better shot stopper might at least stop us conceding. Iversen would likely be that and we can still hang some hope on him as he’s literally had no chance to have a run in the side. When he’s had ten games in the prem and he’s conceding almost anything non-regulation like Ward currently does, then we’ll all shut up and accept the inevitable relegation. Until then the goalkeeper question will continue to arise. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

All this criticism but haters ignore Danny is in the top 20 first choice goalkeepers in the premier league this season when it comes to goals prevented. An impressive figure of err.. minus 7.5

71735807-697B-4CD5-9AC1-87F58BE340D4.jpeg

Bazunu is ****ing horrid, I think we're the only side who didn't score against them this season. Embarrassing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

All this criticism but haters ignore Danny is in the top 20 first choice goalkeepers in the premier league this season when it comes to goals prevented. An impressive figure of err.. minus 7.5

71735807-697B-4CD5-9AC1-87F58BE340D4.jpeg

I'm no fan of Ward at all, but doesn't this show that - on this metric - he's not much worse than 'great' keepers like Ederson and De Gea? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Bazunu is ****ing horrid, I think we're the only side who didn't score against them this season. Embarrassing...

Was he in goal for the match at the kp?

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Minus Ederson conceding 18 goals less than Ward and De gea 8 

Well sure, but the stat in question was goals prevented.

Ward's -7.5

De Gea -5.4

Ederson -5.1

Overall point being, Ward is crap, but this stat isn't a huge stick to beat him with

2 hours ago, Pete52 said:

How is the players not hitting the target the manager's fault?

Yes, Nacho in particular had an off day but our strikers have maintained a high strike rate relative to chances created this season. Unfortunately this is likely to be unsustainable as we found out on Saturday. So for me it's more about the game plan the coach sets out. Clearly the game plan employed was not to pepper their keeper with shots! You can blame the players all you want but for me the fault lies with the coach. Had we been more positive and created more goalscoring opportunities we would have been more likely to hit the target and therefore win the game. Rodgers' consistently employs negative tactics and I fear that will be our undoing as the spectre of relegation looms ever larger.

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Well sure, but the stat in question was goals prevented.

Ward's -7.5

De Gea -5.4

Ederson -5.1

Overall point being, Ward is crap, but this stat isn't a huge stick to beat him with

Letting in 7.5 more goals than he would be expected to is a pretty huge stick to beat a goalie with tbf.

22 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Oh Danny boy

League 1, League 1 is calling...

Nobody in league one could afford his wages, I’ve not decided to depress myself further to find out how longs left on his contract but the only way we get rid is if someone buys him or he takes a pay cut. The fact he sat on our bench with no motivation to go and play 1st team football for years suggests that he’s not that bothered. Proverbial shit that won’t flush 

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Letting in 7.5 more goals than he would be expected to is a pretty huge stick to beat a goalie with tbf.

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

It shows he’s significantly worse tbf

The 7.5 stat is bad, sure. But it looks less worse when it's 'only' 2 worse than some of the best keepers in the division. That's my point