Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just watched back the first and second goals and, on second viewing, I can't understand how he has let in the first one past him.  It looks worse than the second one.  He's managed to get down to it and still it evades him.  He's spectacular at missing the ball.  I wouldn't have him near any football team in the top three divisions of football.  Dreadful.

He wasn't paying attention, if you pause the video you can see he was trying to shout instructions right before Chilwell's goal

• Like 1

I genuinely wouldn't have this lad on the bench. I wouldn't Soumare or Luke Thomas either. If I had the numbers, I wouldn't even have the three of them in the 25 man squad.

And I mean it. In the truest sense if the word, we'd be better off without all three. Had we have played Iversen I stead of Ward all season, at worst we'd have had the same points. It's impossible to have done worse. 

Had, say, Marc Albrighton filled in at LB ahead of Thomas, we might have sneaked a point at Forest and Liverpool. 

Had Mendy have played ahead of Soumare as starter or Sub in numerous games, again, at worst, we'd be a point of 2 better off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I mentioned poor old Grew as perhaps Ward should also have been dropped after 5 matches.

Yeh totally agree. Rodgers’ loyalty to Ward is so strange. Is it the manager’s stubbornness coupled with a massive ego, or is he that desperate to lose his job and get a payoff that he picks Danny as his best way of achieving it? 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blueman1967 said:

To be fair he did make some good saves today

Don’t care. He conceded goals he should have saved yet again. 

A good goalkeeper keeps a team in games when calles upon. A good goalkeeper is worth 10 points a season. 

We are going down and Ward is one of the main reasons why.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blueman1967 said:

To be fair he did make some good saves today

We need him to make a save when it counts. Every PL team does. Even Man City or Arsenal need an Ederson or Ramsdale favour at times. 

He's paid very very very well to make those big saves. I could find a keeper in the senior league just to save the routine

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I don’t. It’s not his fault he’s picked.

He’s a championship goalkeeper. His limited abilities should mean he doesn’t get put in situations like today.

You say he's a championship keeper, so if we go down will you be quite happy to have him in our goal again next season, because I won't. I don't even think he's championship level.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He’s a championship goalkeeper. His limited abilities should mean he doesn’t get put in situations like today.

It's not just that.

His whole attitude is absolutely shocking. He's more of a diva than Kasper when he concedes goals towards others, and these are goals he should be doing better with himself.

He then sulks and couldn't look less arsed. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I genuinely doubt he'd start for most League One sides. If he's our no1 in the championship we'll find ourselves battling relegation again.

• Like 3

Not an answerable question, but if Ward were the custodian at say Man City, I wonder how many points down they'd be? Or Forest maybe? They'd be 10 points worse off

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a 20 point shortfall. He would destroy any team's season the PL. 

. His continued inclusion by the manager has destroyed not just the season, but with potential liquidation of we go down, it could actually destroy the club. The butterfly effect of the manager's insouciance will be catastrophic 

• Like 2

Guest glasgowfox

From what I've seen both keepers are poor....I think if rodgers was sacked before the world cup and we had a new manager then it would be Danny who....