Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

53 minutes ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

This has been mentioned before, but I genuinely believe that he was content with earning a good paycheck without the pressure and stress of performing at a high level. Now that he has been exposed, I doubt he will ever come close to earning his current wage again once his contract runs out.

He's been offered a new 3 year contract 

• Sad 1

There are a number of frauds posing as professional footballers at Leicester at the moment but this guy is right up with Amartey. Its easy to blame them, but we know where the fault lies. I despise that fecking poison dwarf because he’s biggest fraud of all.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Didn't see the goals so can't really comment on how shite he was but even Owynn and Pipes were calling him out for the first one.

Tim Howard also called it a clear goalkeeper error for the first one. We are living a nightmare with this clown.

Guest glasgowfox
58 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

How can you judge Iversen? He at least needs the extended opportunity that Ward has had. Even if he turns out not to be the long term solution, he can’t do any worse than Ward. What can possibly be worse for a keeper than conceding saveable goals in EVERY game. 

He did well at Preston agreed...but in the championship...his distribution is awful...he was bang average against Blackburn but to say he is better or worse than ward is fairly irrelevant...both are not premier league standard unless you wear blue tinted spectacles

Edited by glasgowfox

Smithies would be a better bet than both !! 

Reality is that goalkeepers in the prem can cost or contribute a big points gap…..guarantee we would have 7 or 8 more points if he was still here…..probably the biggest mistake preseason 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

He did well at Preston agreed...but in the championship...his distribution is awful...he was bang average against Blackburn but to say he is better or worse than ward is fairly irrelevant...both are not premier league standard unless you wear blue tinted spectacles

I’m not wearing anything tinted, the point is changing the keeper might have a positive effect. He’s certainly a better shot stopper than Ward. I agree distribution with his feet isn’t the best but look at Pope. Ultimately a goalkeeper should first and foremost stop goals. Being good at kicking is secondary - Ward isn’t that great with his distribution anyway. Trying Iversen isn’t going to make it any worse, we are losing every game and conceding lots of questionable goals with Ward. If we do the same with Iversen at least we can say we tried something to stop the rot. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Smithies would be a better bet than both !! 

Reality is that goalkeepers in the prem can cost or contribute a big points gap…..guarantee we would have 7 or 8 more points if he was still here…..probably the biggest mistake preseason 

I agree not convinced by Iverson, an older more mature head would be useful to see.

33 minutes ago, Guest said:

We genuinely might as well start every game one nil down with this utter plank in goal. Below average at best in every single department.

We basically have. Conceded the first goal in each of our last 9 matches.:nono:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2