Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

He was only in that position because he'd ran wide to give Ndidi an option, who promptly lost it. Let's not just bash him for the sake of it. 

I don't get this bashing of him.

He is a good goalkeeper. Its just that he is playing in an underperforming city side. Would we be bottom.of the table with 1 point with Kasper as keeper? Yes.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

How is this guy a Welsh international? Surely the person that we have in goal is an imposter and not the real Danny Ward. An international goalkeeper should be really be Premier League quality.

I think he is behind Wayne Hennessy, who is second or third choice at Forest…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adam1 said:

He is a good goalkeeper. It’s just that he is playing in an underperforming city side. Would we be bottom.of the table with 1 point with Kasper as keeper? Yes.

I don’t get this support of him.

There’s not much recent evidence for Club or country that he’s a good goalkeeper. Would we have conceded less goals with Kasper as keeper? Yes. With that in mind there’s a good chance we would have more than 1 point if Ward wasn’t in goal. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

His positioning has to be some of the worst I've seen in my time supporting the club. Has absolutely no awareness of his angles and spatially he seems to get caught in no man's land quite a lot. 

It’s there for all to see. That picture for the Bentacur goal says it all and it’s been off all season. In fact even for Wales I’ve seen him have these problems. 

We can’t afford to have him in the team, we’ll get relegated if we do. 

Got to give Iversen a go. He might not be the answer either but then we know we have to sign someone in January. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, adam1 said:

He is a good goalkeeper. Its just that he is playing in an underperforming city side. Would we be bottom.of the table with 1 point with Kasper as keeper? Yes.

Find it very hard to envisage a scenario where Kasper is conceding more than half the shots he’s facing. For his deficiencies he was a hell of a shot stopper.

What should Danny do here? I’m not a goal keeping coach but for me he should contemplate the cross ball to the free player running in unmarked. Faes is running in to close the angle so back off and protect near post, but Danny comes out, he nearly gets something on it but it’s not good keeping imo.

558AB4D6-371C-4443-BFBF-1A7B0106ABD2.jpeg

25 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Nonsense. He was absolutely awful and I cannot imagine what you are thinking