Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

Something has to be the catalyst for change now, and it has to be Ward for Iversen.

Look at Castagne's reaction after that **** from MK scored. The players know he's shit. No coincidence that since Kasper left, so many of our defenders have looked awful. Confidence in a goalkeeper makes a huge difference.

8 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I just don’t get people saying he’s championship or league one or league two standard. He really isn’t. I’d be really pissed off if he were playing for us in any of those leagues. He should be given a football banning order from pitches worldwide. 

I agree. He wouldn't save one on ones at any level. What's the point of a keeper who can't keep you in games? 

I spoke to a non City fan mate last night who said of Ward ' it's like he's just there' ....as good a description as any

Guest glasgowfox
12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

I’m not wearing anything tinted, the point is changing the keeper might have a positive effect. He’s certainly a better shot stopper than Ward. I agree distribution with his feet isn’t the best but look at Pope. Ultimately a goalkeeper should first and foremost stop goals. Being good at kicking is secondary - Ward isn’t that great with his distribution anyway. Trying Iversen isn’t going to make it any worse, we are losing every game and conceding lots of questionable goals with Ward. If we do the same with Iversen at least we can say we tried something to stop the rot. 

I agree.  My point is that I cannot believe is good enough.

I’m surprised Stowell gets away so lightly with our problems. Not only does he train the goalkeepers but he must have a hand in recruitment and selection. If Ward is the best we can do then the whole goalkeeping department has been an utter shit show for some time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m surprised Stowell gets away so lightly with our problems. Not only does he train the goalkeepers but he must have a hand in recruitment and selection. If Ward is the best we can do then the whole goalkeeping department has been an utter shit show for some time. 

The club is a shambles from Top to bottom. Owner, directors, manager, coaches & players. Massive changes urgently needed.

• Like 4

We have big issues in defence. Manchester United first and Southampton goal replicas. Poor defending. First goal yesterday who just allowed the cross? Castagne or KDH? Ricardo then made a half arsed attempt to block Chilwell's shot. That is not down to Ward. Amartey gives at least one clear cut chance a game. Blackburn and another one yesterday. Did you see him relying on Felix being offside. He was 2 yard off him, when he should have been on him like a rash. Missed an open goal. The only thing that he did was put a full blooded challenge in on Havertz! Faes has not been great either. Evans and Souttar may be a decent partnership. We will see next week. Ward made two very good saves second half. We are stuck with who we have and it is up to Coco the clown to get the best out of them. It is not all down to Ward.

Can we put aside this argument about him being an established international so must have something about him. Be clear on this, he’s a Welsh international because it’s a small country where only 5 of their qualifying cohort own a pair of goalkeeping gloves, two of them being f***ing Sheep. 

Welsh + own some gloves = get capped.

• Haha 1

Rodgers  just can't admit he's wrong can he? He'd prefer to take us down with Ward in goal rather than admit to a misjudgement and replace him before it's too late.

I'm sure Rodgers has read leadership books. He must have skipped chapters saying that even good leaders can make mistakes and admit them. The man just makes me so angry. 

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Can we put aside this argument about him being an established international so must have something about him. Be clear on this, he’s a Welsh international because it’s a small country where only 5 of their qualifying cohort own a pair of goalkeeping gloves, two of them being f***ing Sheep. 

Welsh + own some gloves = get capped.

Plus he's often 2nd choice to Forest 3rd choice keeper. 

• Sad 1

Ward deffo shit and at fault for the first. Why is he pointing at himself to cover the near post for Chilwell's goal and then not being set or ready to make the save.

The defense is equally as shit though, the defensive line for the 2nd was a mess, Amartey let's Havertz run off him then tries to play offside when he can see Faes, Castagne are both playing Havertz on side. 

Why have Mendy and KDH given Fernandez so much time to lob the pass to Havertz.

Why do we play such a high line with no pace at the back? Felix hits the post in the 1st after Souttar loses the ball.

Although we're chasing the game, the 3rd comes in transition again after we lose the ball in the Chelsea half.

Soumare's effort to get back in the phase stinks, he's slowly jogging to the edge of the 'D' as Kovacic scores.

I'll be amazed if Rodgers can keep this shower of shit in the PL.

30 minutes ago, markko said:

We have big issues in defence. Manchester United first and Southampton goal replicas. Poor defending. First goal yesterday who just allowed the cross? Castagne or KDH? Ricardo then made a half arsed attempt to block Chilwell's shot. That is not down to Ward. Amartey gives at least one clear cut chance a game. Blackburn and another one yesterday. Did you see him relying on Felix being offside. He was 2 yard off him, when he should have been on him like a rash. Missed an open goal. The only thing that he did was put a full blooded challenge in on Havertz! Faes has not been great either. Evans and Souttar may be a decent partnership. We will see next week. Ward made two very good saves second half. We are stuck with who we have and it is up to Coco the clown to get the best out of them. It is not all down to Ward.

No it’s not all down to Ward however he has been culpable on so many occasions this season, he has no confidence and nor do his defence in him. 
We can make a change and try one of our other keepers.

• Like 2