Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just told some fans to eff off as he picked his water bottle. To be fair he was getting stick but even so you need rise above it and be profession. Not swear at the supporters who part pay your wages every week.

If this is true then he needs to be dropped. He's obviously mentally buckled under the pressure if he's snapping back at fans and of all the positions on the pitch where their head needs to be solid, its the GK.

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is ward the main reason why our defence is awful? Not commanding his defence well like Kasper. Interesting to see what happens if iversen was given the nod. 

If Kasper was still here we would look a lot better.

It's the one position in the team where absolutely no on can carry or cover for you. Ward just isn't good enough, he just lets in goals which a better keeper would save. I could forgive the odd Kasper howler for some of those near impossible saves.

Not sure Iversen would be any better to be honest, we needed to bring in quality last summer when our hands were tied financially. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Feel sorry for him really, seems a good pro and is doing his best but is no way near Premier league level. Iversen has loads to prove and is probably not a long term answer but has to come in now.

Rodgers is stubborn, to play Iversen opens himself up to more criticism should he then go on and do well. Part of me thinks Rodgers would like to get the chop before having a relegation on his record.

Plus that lumpy payout is an attractive proposal when the club isn’t in the most stable of places.

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Rodgers is stubborn, to play Iversen opens himself up to more criticism should he then go on and do well. Part of me thinks Rodgers would like to get the chop before having a relegation on his record.

Plus that lumpy payout is an attractive proposal when the club isn’t in the most stable of places.

See I don't get the whole "Rodgers wants to get sacked and paid off" theory.

I just think he's way too stubborn and arrogant to think it's possible his side would get relegated.

Can almost guarantee he's thinking "we are playing well but these players are missing huge chances for me". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

Watch him throughout the move of the 2nd goal though - He needlessly and randomly ran off his line when the ball was nowhere near him and ducked down though. No one is saying he should be reaching Havertz shot, but his decision making to get himself into that position was absolutely atrocious as his positioning usually is.

lol

Would loved Danny Ward to have stayed on his line there. It would have been awful goalkeeping. 

He needs digging out for the first one. Not sure why people like you are so obsessed with making out that great finishes are anything like his fault. God help him if he was in goal when Di Maria chipped that beauty in.

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol

Would loved Danny Ward to have stayed on his line there. It would have been awful goalkeeping. 

He needs digging out for the first one. Not sure why people like you are so obsessed with making out that great finishes are anything like his fault. God help him if he was in goal when Di Maria chipped that beauty in.

The first goal was a joke.

Can't blame his calamitous approach to positioning for the others though.

Easily the worst keeper I've seen play for us.

7 minutes ago, kenny said:

Really poor anticipation and awareness. It's the kind of keeping you'd expect to see in one of the celebrity games on ITV haha

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

If this is true then he needs to be dropped. He's obviously mentally buckled under the pressure if he's snapping back at fans

Nah, bollocks to that. Why should fans be able to give players all kinds of abuse and not expect to get a bit back? If fans are being arses, they deserve to be told to eff off.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, kenny said:

Nah Ricardo... was worse... yep the same goalie that knocked England out twice, some reason he was dreadful for the foxes in the championship. Ward is up there though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

lol

it's a great finish but he makes it too easy for Havertz. if you're going to come out, commit to it and go for the ball, if you wipe the player out then so be it. He comes out but doesn't really commit to going for the ball and potentially clattering Havertz, nor does he jump or spread himself to put Havertz off. like it's an incredible finish but he could make it a lot harder for Havertz by making him rush his decision to chip it and by making himself big

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Just told some fans to eff off as he picked his water bottle. To be fair he was getting stick but even so you need rise above it and be profession. Not swear at the supporters who part pay your wages every week.

Bet he dropped it though 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LVFox said:

Feel sorry for him really, seems a good pro and is doing his best but is no way near Premier league level. Iversen has loads to prove and is probably not a long term answer but has to come in now.

Based on what though? He had a row with Ndidi on the pitch (for a mistake that he made) earlier this season, he's allegedly now arguing with fans during games, and he was one of the lockdown breakers the season we had to drop players for West Ham away wasn't he? I haven't seen anything that suggests he's a good pro.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Based on what though? He had a row with Ndidi on the pitch (for a mistake that he made) earlier this season, he's allegedly now arguing with fans during games, and he was one of the lockdown breakers the season we had to drop players for West Ham away wasn't he? I haven't seen anything that suggests he's a good pro.

Awfully out of shape for someone who's paid to exercise as well

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

No one can be sure Iversen will be any better, but he might be - he’s not had a chance. He certainly can’t be any worse than Wardy. Preston fans love him. He’s got a reputation as a shot stopper. Get him in the team. 

I totally agree. There is no proof that Iverson will be any better than Ward but surely he can't be any worse.     Rodgers has backed him since we overpaid Liverpool for him and his pride wont allow him to back down. If we do get relegated Ward still wont be good enough !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LVFox said:

Wasn't he part of the party after the Forest defeat? The party everyone battered Hamza and questioned his professionalism for.

26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Wasn't he part of the party after the Forest defeat? The party everyone battered Hamza and questioned his professionalism for.

Wouldn't surprise me, he was having friendly banter with the opposition on the sideline, while we were down two goals in a relegation battle.