Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"How do we know Iverson is any better though?"

Sadly we don't but isn't it worth giving him a go , seeing as ,at least , some supporters that have watched him play , rate him.

Has anyone every said anything positive about Ward  , apart from Liverpool,  just as we handed over 12 million.

We don't know if Knusden and Stowell would do better than Brendan until the end of the season , but that's worth a go.

Bournemouth under O'Neil have done better than expected and Southampton have faired better since binning Jones with an unknown manager (well I'd never heard of him)

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

it's a great finish but he makes it too easy for Havertz. if you're going to come out, commit to it and go for the ball, if you wipe the player out then so be it. He comes out but doesn't really commit to going for the ball and potentially clattering Havertz, nor does he jump or spread himself to put Havertz off. like it's an incredible finish but he could make it a lot harder for Havertz by making him rush his decision to chip it and by making himself big

In his defence, his defence has done him now favours by basically not existing.

WIthout the power of teleportaton he was never going to have the time to get there, easy to judge when you know exactly what's going to happen. In the moment he probably din't expect to see a player just walk to to the centre circle with nobody near him. Also Havertz took it first time so forcing a decision would have resulted in the same. Had Havertz taken a touch or miskicked it slightly Ward was in a prime position to be favourite to prevent a goal. 

Watching the highlights back, Ward's actually made a couple of very decent saves in that game. Aside from the first goal I think it was bordering on a good performance.

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

WIthout the power of teleportaton he was never going to have the time to get there, easy to judge when you know exactly what's going to happen. In the moment he probably din't expect to see a player just walk to to the centre circle with nobody near him. Also Havertz took it first time so forcing a decision would have resulted in the same. Had Havertz taken a touch or miskicked it slightly Ward was in a prime position to be favourite to prevent a goal. 

Watching the highlights back, Ward's actually made a couple of very decent saves in that game. Aside from the first goal I think it was bordering on a good performance.

yea the ball should never have reached Havertz in the first place with zero pressure on Enzo, but what I mean by rushing him is because Ward only comes half way, rather than full pelt and spreading himself, Havertz is able to take the time to let the ball drop before hitting it, rather than being rushed into a more difficult shot from higher up 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

What about the offside one on one where he dived out the way of the shot in the 2nd half? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Weller Wing said:

Sadly we don't but isn't it worth giving him a go , seeing as ,at least , some supporters that have watched him play , rate him.

Has anyone every said anything positive about Ward  , apart from Liverpool,  just as we handed over 12 million.

We don't know if Knusden and Stowell would do better than Brendan until the end of the season , but that's worth a go.

Bournemouth under O'Neil have done better than expected and Southampton have faired better since binning Jones with an unknown manager (well I'd never heard of him)

We do, because we have eyes. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

What about the offside one on one where he dived out the way of the shot in the 2nd half? 

Not sure I've seen that one sorry, I think the sky highlights only showed the goals. 

I'll have a look to see if any extended highlights have come out and get back to you :D

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Looks like a clever finish to me, shaped to go to far post and puts it in the near side.

How about that save from Fofana's header. Fantastic.

Ward can and will be improved on, in fact there's an improvement sat on the bench. While Rodgers ball keeps letting the opposition have free shots and runs on goal though, he'll likely continue to concede a lot of goals.

The first was an abomination though, kind of keeping I'd expect to see at Coalville's level.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Looks like a clever finish to me, shaped to go to far post and puts it in the near side.

Ward can and will be improved on, in fact there's an improvement sat on the bench. While Rodgers ball keeps letting the opposition have free shots and runs on goal though, he'll likely continue to concede a lot of goals.

The first was an abomination though, kind of keeping I'd expect to see at Coalville's level.

Name me a keeper who doesn't save that Fofana shot. Perfect height for the keeper. We cant reward him for saves he should make.

17 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Name me a keeper who doesn't save that Fofana shot. Perfect height for the keeper. We cant reward him for saves he should make.

Probably Kasper as he'd have been clicking onto the back of the net hoping the ball doesn't come near him :D

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

That’s as routine as it comes, it’s straight at him 😂

The decent save he made was from another corner, can’t remember who headered it though, again any premier league gk saves it. But that’s the levels we’ve stopped to, any mediocre, routine stop is fantastic for Danny Frauds standards 

I know we are all guilty of piling on to a particular player when we are feeling frustrated. But with poor old Dan it's something else. I suspect if you asked 100 people who are season ticket holders this question:

'do you think Danny Ward is a good goalkeeper?'

Not one would say yes. Unless they're being properly awkward. Certainly less than 5%. Even the elderly bloke I stood next to in the urinal at half-time felt the need to express his alarm at the performance of our current custodian. 

I think we're talking Josh Low levels of universal agreement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

I know we are all guilty of piling on to a particular player when we are feeling frustrated. But with poor old Dan it's something else. I suspect if you asked 100 people who are season ticket holders this question:

'do you think Danny Ward is a good goalkeeper?'

Not one would say yes. Unless they're being properly awkward. Certainly less than 5%. Even the elderly bloke I stood next to in the urinal at half-time felt the need to express his alarm at the performance of our current custodian. 

I think we're talking Josh Low levels of universal agreement. 

It's not just our fanbase, the opposition knows he's shit as well, evident by the comments in their match threads against us. Iversen in for the rest of the season, we are at a crossroads here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Whats the general opinion on Alex Smithies?

Given Ward's recent form and Iversen not covering himself in glory, can Smithies really be worse?

I dont believe he's ever played Prem but done very well consistently in the Championship

He looks to me the best and most natural shot stopper during warm ups, which is worrying in itself. Can’t be any worse than Ward having playing more than 50 competitive appearances though

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Is there anything in the rules to prevent you playing three goalkeepers ? 

Maybe our best chance of keeping down goals against is to play Iversen, Smithies and perhaps a loan keeper 

I'd take Souttar in goal, I think there's a decent chance that he might be our best keeper.

• Haha 1