Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

18 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/schmeichel-ward-iversen-transfer-priority-8255992?fbclid=IwAR3Y2FIR_OjVJN3Clx1ZBqsJHsn2S5ehGFkIsRIVxZzaAK_m_wYgmvnDzIQ

Mercury once again being far too sodding kind to Ward;

pretty sure they are afraid to say hes been shit

plus the stats on Ward say all that needs to be said

"But Rodgers had consistently described the Welshman as his ‘other number one’ and had always been impressed with Ward"

Unless those two are secretly lovers, there's no longer any logical sense behind Rodgers' decision to continue starting Ward.

59 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/schmeichel-ward-iversen-transfer-priority-8255992?fbclid=IwAR3Y2FIR_OjVJN3Clx1ZBqsJHsn2S5ehGFkIsRIVxZzaAK_m_wYgmvnDzIQ

Mercury once again being far too sodding kind to Ward;

pretty sure they are afraid to say hes been shit

plus the stats on Ward say all that needs to be said

"Why has Iversen not been given a chance?

Ward’s form has seen fans question why Daniel Iversen has not been given an opportunity to show his worth. After all, he was player of the season for Championship side Preston last season, and kept clean sheets in his first four cup appearances of this year. He was named man of the match by Rodgers in the game he did concede in, the FA Cup loss to Blackburn a couple of weeks ago.

But it’s not helped him earn a Premier League debut. Like Ward was for so long, the Dane is now the man patiently waiting in the wings.

The reason he has not been backed for a league game is mostly due to his footwork. Rodgers sees a goalkeeper’s ability with the ball at their feet as vital to his side’s success."

Are they having a laugh? Ward's footwork is pure shit, as seen through the numerous misunderstandings he's had with his defenders this season. In fact, they seem to be so nervous (rightly so) every time they have to pass the ball back to him. I'm glad that there's finally some media coverage on this, but it should have been addressed earlier in the season.

Speaking of statistics, the club made a £30 million bid for Lafont. However, if you compare the stats in Ligue 1 this season, it's obvious that Kasper is superior in every aspect (higher xG, most 1v1s saved in the league, highest penalty save percentage, higher save percentage, most clean sheets). Not only does he know the club inside and out, but he's also an exceptional shot-stopper who speaks the language fluently.

It begs the question of whether it would have been wiser to keep Kasper instead of looking to spend such a large sum on a new goalkeeper.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BillyFOX12 said:

"But Rodgers had consistently described the Welshman as his ‘other number one’ and had always been impressed with Ward"

Unless those two are secretly lovers, there's no longer any logical sense behind Rodgers' decision to continue starting Ward.

I’m honestly starting to think Rodgers knows **** all about football. Other teams Fans been taking the piss for months Ward is the worst No1 in the history of the league and yet he plays week in / week out.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Ward has been sitting on the bench watching Kasper for an eternity!!!

He effectively stopped developing when he became our no 2 goalkeeper. 

He is now been asked to learn his trade,  on the job, in the goldfish bowl of the Premier league. All his training has not prepared him for this, he has had no opportunity to test his Instincts and hone his ability to make judgments, whether that is positioning or the reading of the game.

The goalkeeper behind him (Iversen) has been out on loan, learning the ropes and getting valuable game time, the whole set up makes no sense. It appears the closer you are to getting on the pitch, the less prepared you will be.

Reminds me of Willy Cabellero, also a career benchwarmer in the premier league, their no1 got injured and he had to start at the 2018 world cup, he was just absolutely dreadful.

On 13/03/2023 at 02:17, Buzzell said:

‘Ohh fvck…’

AFFBC081-6EC4-46DB-BFA1-9055C2963DC3.thumb.jpeg.6c24cf0830c62cddca56b4f81b294b36.jpeg

I still don’t get what that was all about. It was as if he was trying to trick the ref into thinking it was a clear offside - he certainly tricked me. I was so relaxed momentarily thinking there must be a clear offside.

Then I realise that was just absolutely appalling mentality for a goalie. Gave up without even trying.  We were on the up then and Ward took it all away from us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I still don’t get what that was all about. It was as if he was trying to trick the ref into thinking it was a clear offside - he certainly tricked me. I was so relaxed momentarily thinking there must be a clear offside.

Then I realise that was just absolutely appalling mentality for a goalie. Gave up without even trying.  We were on the up then and Ward took it all away from us.

I actually think he's judged way too harshly on this goal. The first however was appalling and the reaction of his teammates showed they have no confidence in him. If Iversen is in against Brentford, that will be the reason.

• Like 3