Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

24 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

I'm not sure sticking him in at Brentford away is doing him much favours. We'll get beat and then Rodgers can claim he was right all along and stick ward back in. But maybe that's Rodgers plan. 

Premier League is tough. If you take that approach then you will never change anything. Brentford is good game to show what you can do if you are ready. If he gets the chance, I am confident Iversen will do himself justice. I no longer have any confidence in Ward.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I still don’t get what that was all about. It was as if he was trying to trick the ref into thinking it was a clear offside - he certainly tricked me. I was so relaxed momentarily thinking there must be a clear offside.

Then I realise that was just absolutely appalling mentality for a goalie. Gave up without even trying.  We were on the up then and Ward took it all away from us.

It isn't the not trying that was the issue. You noticed it because goalkeepers don't usually find themselves in a position to not be able to try. 

By the time he'd left himself in no man's land, he did have no chance. I don't blame him for not diving, I do blame him for not either staying on his line or coming and taking everything. 

Absolute basics to stutter and end up doing neither.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

I'm not sure sticking him in at Brentford away is doing him much favours. We'll get beat and then Rodgers can claim he was right all along and stick ward back in. But maybe that's Rodgers plan. 

I'm past all this stuff now. There's never going to be a perfect time. We won't keep another clean sheet with Ward in goal this season. Iversen cannot possibly be any worse.

1 hour ago, StonyFox said:

I heard the words Rodgers and Plan and gave up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-rodgers-ward-iversen-8262164 

Seems like there's a decent chance that Ward might finally get dropped for tomorrows game.

The Athletic has also published an article today analysing Ward's dreadful season.

https://theathletic.com/4316032/2023/03/17/overworked-and-underperforming-analysing-a-tough-season-for-danny-ward/ 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

I just don't believe it for a second, that would be Brendan admitting he's wrong lol 

No ,it took 6 months,for the penny to drop,it will take for ever,to realise even with good or bad relationship with club…Soyuncu is a far better choice than Amartey…

but Amartey better choice forward than Soumare..

4 hours ago, StonyFox said:

When do you play him?

All PL games are difficult.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Tanner reckons Ward hasn't made any shocking howlers lol lol lol

I think it's harder to judge goalkeeping as a fan so I can see why somebody might think he hasn't had any howlers. He hasn't dropped the ball into his net ala Kasper at Doncaster. But his positioning and stance seem all over the place and as somebody on here said a few weeks ago it'd be really interesting to get a former goalkeepers perspective on his attempts at saves because to me they look very unorthodox, to be kind.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Tanner reckons Ward hasn't made any shocking howlers lol lol lol

He can’t be serious. I like Rob Tanner - enjoy his reporting/articles but he’s got this seriously wrong. 

Just last Saturday, he had his hand up in the air and simply was set for a pot shot from Chilwell - yes it was a drop but not being prepared for that is a howling error which leads to us being 1-0 down.