Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Yup think he was a leader in the dressing room who could firmly talk to the players because of his experience in winning the premier league.....but maybe Brendan couldn't see that 🙄

I think it's more of a case that he doesn't like it. I get the impression he doesn't like vocal players in the dressing room, just ones you sit there and listen to him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, bovril said:

I think it's harder to judge goalkeeping as a fan so I can see why somebody might think he hasn't had any howlers. He hasn't dropped the ball into his net ala Kasper at Doncaster. But his positioning and stance seem all over the place and as somebody on here said a few weeks ago it'd be really interesting to get a former goalkeepers perspective on his attempts at saves because to me they look very unorthodox, to be kind.

At work i was actually talking to ex Tranmere Goalkeeper Eric Nixon about our situation.... he couldn't believe we let Kasper go without replacing him, went into more detail but simply implied that Ward just isn't a 1st choice Premier league keeper for many reasons. 

Although he wasn't a fan of many modern day keepers 😆

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tomtom said:

At work i was actually talking to ex Tranmere Goalkeeper Eric Nixon about our situation.... he couldn't believe we let Kasper go without replacing him, went into more detail but simply implied that Ward just isn't a 1st choice Premier league keeper for many reasons. 

Although he wasn't a fan of many modern day keepers 😆

Did you get his take on Ward’s ingenious no-look technique? 

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

This guy has cost us so many points.

The first half against Chelsea we might as well had no one in goal, he was nowhere near both of them.

For me he’s the worst Leicester player I’ve ever seen.

We’ve had worse keepers than ward ….

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A clean sheet today, and you'll might be slightly forgiven.

Is he playing then ??

I know you primarily think that a goalkeepers role is just goalkeeping, which, of course it is.

Sometimes it's easy to forget though, their importance of also commanding the defence. A good goalkeeper can be almost like an extra defender.

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

This guy has cost us so many points.

The first half against Chelsea we might as well had no one in goal, he was nowhere near both of them.

For me he’s the worst Leicester player I’ve ever seen.

You clearly never saw/ not old enough to see Tommy English play, he was worse than Junior Lewis by a mile he was that bad ! Also when it comes to keepers, Mark Grew was by far the worse I saw 

42 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

You clearly never saw/ not old enough to see Tommy English play, he was worse than Junior Lewis by a mile he was that bad ! Also when it comes to keepers, Mark Grew was by far the worse I saw 

Tommy was not worse than JL!!

We have had numerous keepers way worse than Grew too!!