Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

New goal keeper and new goal keeping Coach please. Ward is not a EPL standard.  Iversen must be given a chance by the new manager. That should be a simple observation for the new incoming coaches.

31 minutes ago, W7Fox said:

We may as well stick a lad from the U18s in goal. He would have the same level of presence and reach as Ward.

I’ve never seen a Premier League keeper look so small and ineffective. He cannot start next week. 

That’s what’s been said the last 3 rounds! Of course he will start the next round, BR knows he’s ****ed might as well kamikaze the club with him into a mountain.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/Big5/keepersadv/players/Big-5-European-Leagues-Stats

Comparison of all goalkeeper across the top 5 European leagues ranked. 

Out of all goalkeepers. 

Goals conceded - Ranked 120nd out of 120

PSxG - Ranked 100th out of 120

PSxG / SoT - Ranked 86th out of 102

Crosses - Ranked 50th out of 102.

https://fbref.com/en/players/d3ce0e89/matchlogs/2022-2023/keeper/Danny-Ward-Match-Logs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

In the past when we’ve flirted with a relegation battle (under Ranieri in 2016/17 season or Puel a couple of years later), I’ve always been pretty confident a change of manager was all that was needed to see us comfortably out of it.

This guy’s the reason I’m not so confident that even that will be enough this time. He’s been absolutely awful.

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I don’t believe the Ward we have is the Ward that could be - and I don’t blame him for that, he can be better. This is on Rodgers. 

I just don't think he can be better - there's a reason why he's never been a regular starting keeper at the age of 29. How did we replace a truly top class international standard keeper with a guy who has spent 95% of his 'career' on the bench? Utter madness. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I just don't think he can be better - there's a reason why he's never been a regular starting keeper at the age of 29. How did we replace a truly top class international standard keeper with a guy who has spent 95% of his 'career' on the bench? Utter madness. 

He’s never going to be a top class keeps. But he could be competent. Being over exposed by his backline does him no favours. 

In the grand scheme, this is an irrelevance given the shambles in the manager’s office. In a normal season we’d be talking about the No.1 as a position we could strengthen in January rather than vilifying the man.