Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

36 minutes ago, Bert said:

Zeljko Kalac, Kevin Pressman, Conrad Logan, Chris Weale. Let me know if you need any more. 

Not Weale, not in a million years. He was great for long spells under Pearson but he made one error and was never allowed to recover from it. Great agility.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Take the Chris Weale comment back. I won’t have it, even after that back pass rolled under his foot. Nope. 

He was crap. Ever remember anything he actually did of note for us? Any games where he’s won us the game? 

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

He was crap. Ever remember anything he actually did of note for us? Any games where he’s won us the game? 

Agreed. A shot on target from outside the area was a goal, every time. Decent reflexes for shots from close in, but couldn’t save a shot from 25 yards to…well you get the picture 

6 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

None of them played anywhere near as many games as Ward has for us. 

Weale played 48 more games for us than Ward currently has. The other 3, granted. But all worse goalkeepers than Ward. 

8 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

And Chris Weale wasn’t worse. That mistake away at Derby aside, he wasn’t THAT bad. Ward is worse 

He absolutely was. This isn’t even me saying Ward is good. It’s quite clear he’s not. But he’s had a better career than Weale, had played at a lot higher level than Weale (PL, international) ever did too. 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah, there were 3 or 4 games in the first half of 09/10 he won us. Reading 1-0 in 09/10 is one that springs to mind where Reading peppered our box, Weale kept us in it with several good saves then we got a smash and grab goal.

Weale was he genuinely good for his first half season or so, he just fell apart after that goal vs Derby went under his foot.

Worth saying he was one of the top 3 nominees for both player and fan’s player of the year in 09/10.

No one is saying he was the best keeper ever, but he certainly wasn’t on par with Danny Ward or Zaljko Kalac, he was a long long way better.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Yeah, there were 3 or 4 games in the first half of 09/10 he won us. Reading 1-0 in 09/10 is one that springs to mind where Reading peppered our box, Weale kept us in it with several good saves then we got a smash and grab goal.

Weale was he genuinely good for his first half season or so, he just fell apart after that goal vs Derby went under his foot.

Worth saying he was one of the top 3 nominees for both player and fan’s player of the year in 09/10.

No one is saying he was the best keeper ever, but he certainly wasn’t on par with Fanny Ward or Zaljko Kalac, he was a long long way better.

Wow lol 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

He absolutely was. This isn’t even me saying Ward is good. It’s quite clear he’s not. But he’s had a better career than Weale, had played at a lot higher level than Weale (PL, international) ever did too. 

He absolutely wasn’t though. Don’t be a drip. 

I’m not sure on your point about the level because Ward is clearly nowhere near PL quality, simply playing some PL games doesn’t make you better and he plays at international level because he’s from a small country. Weale would’ve been capped if he was Welsh too because there’s little competition. Plenty of Championship and League One players have played for Wales.

I think you know that well and the fact you’re using “WaRD PlAyED IntUrNatIonals” is such an obviously flawed argument that’s it’s obvious you’re reaching. 

Edited by Sampson

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Nah. Sorry but I remember Weale and he was ok ish. Ward is the worst one I’ve seen. My Dad says the same and has been going since the 60s. Bloke saves nothing. Luckily, we probably won’t have to see him again now he’s been dropped. 6 months too late, mind. 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wow lol 

What’s “wow” about it? You genuinely don’t think he played well in that Reading game? You genuinely ignore he was nominated for our POTY awards?

If putting a “wow laughing face” is a genuine response to giving you clear answers to questions you asked and concrete examples of games then why are you even asking the questions?

Edited by Sampson

I recall in one of his last appearances weale flapping at a last minute cross at forest leading to their equaliser.  I personally thought weale was mostly pretty duff and that him and ward are probably pretty similar in terms of ability. You stick weale into our current side he'd look shite and if you'd stuck ward into the side weale played in he'd look about half decent.

9 hours ago, Sampson said:

No one is saying he was the best keeper ever, but he certainly wasn’t on par with Danny Ward or Zaljko Kalac, he was a long long way better.

Ward probably just a better keeper. But for his level first year Weale was class. QPR away game I remember him looking infinitely better than the QPR keeper.

Career at Leicester got ruined by Sousa and Sven; never looked as hapless playing for us as the clown Ward

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eblair said:

Ward probably just a better keeper. But for his level first year Weale was class. QPR away game I remember him looking infinitely better than the QPR keeper.

Career at Leicester got ruined by Sousa and Sven; never looked as hapless playing for us as the clown Ward

Basically this, poor old Chris getting dragged into this thread and being slated! lol

Weale was half decent at the level/time we needed him and will have a better LCFC career than Ward in terms but if you had them next to each other in comparison Ward is the better goalie. 

• Like 2