Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

Surely Rodgers won't expose himself to such stupidity so quickly. Iversen would have to be badged up as injured to go back on his word. They've not played a game since he said it was now Iversen pretty much for the foreseeable / season.

This could be catastrophic man management, although I'm sure he'll wax lyrical about how impressed he's been by Ward's performances for Wales on the back of his great motivational decision making to drop him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s been told he starts on Saturday, apparently 

I'm going to assume this is likely a wind up but it wouldn't be out of character for Rodgers this season - would compound his laughable performance.

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest, if it’s true then Rodgers really is taking the absolute piss out of the club, supporters and playing squad. If this does happen then he must be relieved of his duties with immediate effect, the damage to player and squad morale must be at an all time low. 

If this does come to fruition I can only hope this is the straw that breaks the camels back and Top and the gang finally come to their senses and sack the Hasbullah wannabe.

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

10 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

He’s been told he starts on Saturday, apparently 

Absolutely dumbfounded if true.

Rodgers on Iversen post Brentford:

“Daniel will come in and play and we’ll go from there. He’ll get a run of games. It’s important he feels he’s not just judged on this performance. I thought he did really well. He was really assured.”

19 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Absolutely dumbfounded if true.

Rodgers on Iversen post Brentford:

“Daniel will come in and play and we’ll go from there. He’ll get a run of games. It’s important he feels he’s not just judged on this performance. I thought he did really well. He was really assured.”

I suppose Rodgers will say that Iversen wasn't going to get a consecutive run of games :blink:

Really can't believe he would do this after giving Iversen one game. If its not a mix up in itk communication then i think its one of the weirdest calls he's made.

Can’t remember who Wales played but the goal he conceded was abysmal. Those who were surprised by me stating Johansson is a better keeper, need to understand that Ward is a victim(winner really) of being elevated by being at big clubs as a youngster. Whilst there’s no doubt you have to show some promise at an early age, this has clearly receded. For example, when the Polar Bear was on our bench for many years, he was hardly a Championship quality keeper, but he was rewarded with an elevated reputation because he was willing to get splinters in his bottom from the bench. Although, he was always good at those levels I watched him, Hibernian and League 1 and 2. I believe if Ward was a Championship keeper, there’s at least 12 better keepers than him in that division. I occasionally get team news on the Thursday, if it is true that he is playing, Rodgers is firmly to blame. I won’t feel sorry for Danny or anger towards him anymore, just apathy. Ironically, Jakupovic was a better keeper than Hamer and Ward, but hardly played in comparison.

No coincidence that the Spurs job is available and Rodgers is making a decision that could potentially get him the sack. Maybe he thinks he'll be more appealing to Levy if he's a free agent.

I'm only 50% joking about this...

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

I thought Iversen was getting a run of games? That's what Rodgers said after the Brentford game. 

I have always found his "run of games" comment as weird tbh. He said it last season about giving Ward time. I don't get it. It's as if even if Iversen plays well then he'll still be dropped.

I'm not gonna overreact now, I'll save it for Saturday, but I'll be disapointed if Ward starts again.

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Why's everyone saying Ward is starting? 

I'll honestly just start smashing up my house if he starts on Saturday. I've abstained until now.

I'm hoping that the two people that claimed there's rumours have been duped by a twitter account with 1 follower and then decided to pass that on as solid info.

It'd be mental for Rodgers to do that. Then again, last season he spite dropped Kasper for 1 game (which would have been Kasper's 150th consecutive league appearance) so I wouldn't put it past him.

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It'd be mental for Rodgers to do that. Then again, last season he spite dropped Kasper for 1 game (which would have been Kasper's 150th consecutive league appearance) so I wouldn't put it past him.

.. that was just an unbelievable thing to do!!!

Someone posted recently an interview by Kasper, where he was eulogising Rodgers man management skills.  It would be interesting to find out, when that interview was done.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. that was just an unbelievable thing to do!!!

Someone posted recently an interview by Kasper, where he was eulogising Rodgers man management skills.  It would be interesting to find out, when that interview was done.

It says in the article that the interview was done Monday 6th March 2023, then published Friday 10th March 2023.