Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

29 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. that was just an unbelievable thing to do!!!

Someone posted recently an interview by Kasper, where he was eulogising Rodgers man management skills.  It would be interesting to find out, when that interview was done.

Yeah he said Pearson was the best man manager he had and Rodgers was the best coach, in terms of getting his message across and giving clear simple instructions.

The fact he didn't mention his current manager in his goodbye speech on instagram was massively telling imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I have always found his "run of games" comment as weird tbh. He said it last season about giving Ward time. I don't get it. It's as if even if Iversen plays well then he'll still be dropped.

I'm not gonna overreact now, I'll save it for Saturday, but I'll be disapointed if Ward starts again.

Yeah he said Ward would get 2 or 3 games so he could have a proper look at him in games. He picked up a knee injury and think got 1 game which we won easily against one of teams who went down and that was it. Hardly taking a proper look at him.

15 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Absolutely dumbfounded if true.

Rodgers on Iversen post Brentford:

“Daniel will come in and play and we’ll go from there. He’ll get a run of games. It’s important he feels he’s not just judged on this performance. I thought he did really well. He was really assured.”

He wasn't lying. He was of course talking about Daniel Ward.

• Haha 1

On 30/03/2023 at 08:55, FoxinNotts said:

It was from one of the u23 players. Take it as you will 🤷🏻‍♂️

He’s having a bit of banter, there’s no way even Rodgers would go back to Ward after what he said after the Brentford match. The Iversen switch is our biggest chance of staying up, such is the lack of quality of Ward.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thesilverfox said:

It's a complete evisceration and virtually every word of it rings true. I'm not completely convinced that Ward was personally responsible for Fofana's departure, but I do agree with everything else below:

"The stats are bad, and even the stats only tell part of the story. He failed the eye test from the very beginning. He’s a tall man who plays small, has no presence and exudes no confidence. Even the way he dives is odd, like a dad playing with his kids in the garden. He doesn’t resemble a Premier League goalkeeper, and never has.

"It’s been obvious from the start that the rest of the team knows this. In the second game of the season, he drove Wesley Fofana to walk out of the club in disgust after a smorgasbord of mistakes that included booting the ball off the Frenchman for a corner and handing Arsenal a goal seconds after we dragged ourselves back into the game.

"We’ve seen example after example of his defence having no confidence in him. He’s rowed with Wilfred Ndidi, Wout Faes ignored his shout to score a ludicrous own goal at Anfield, Timothy Castagne dribbled past him and fired just wide of his own goal against Spurs in an effort to avoid giving Ward the ball.

"Then there’s the game-to-game tactics on show. Despite it apparently earning him the job in the first place, Ward has no real ability to play out from the back, nor has he got any speed or agility off his line. That’s left Leicester playing a high line with slow centre backs, a slow goalkeeper, and often no pressure on the ball in midfield. The tactical equivalent of packing your house with TNT then holding a fire breathing contest in your living room."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Then there’s the game-to-game tactics on show. Despite it apparently earning him the job in the first place, Ward has no real ability to play out from the back, nor has he got any speed or agility off his line. That’s left Leicester playing a high line with slow centre backs, a slow goalkeeper, and often no pressure on the ball in midfield. The tactical equivalent of packing your house with TNT then holding a fire breathing contest in your living room."

Then why do they play that way. Is it yes Mr Rodgers , no Mr Rodgers , three bags full Mr Rodgers. If it don't work , don't do it. Rodgers is not a dictator , the players have to be listened to.

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Then why do they play that way. Is it yes Mr Rodgers , no Mr Rodgers , three bags full Mr Rodgers. If it don't work , don't do it. Rodgers is not a dictator , the players have to be listened to.

Ask Soyoncu.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Giving Ward a go at the start of the season was never the problem, at some point we had to see if he was good enough.

The issue is giving him 26 games.

Both him and Iversen have alway been a stop gap, a new keeper was always coming as part of the 23/24 rebuild.

The club were trying to be canny on the money front and delay any rebuild until that summer due to all of the out of contract players dropping of the wage bill.

They just ovrr estimated how competent the current squad is.

I also think that the £12.5m transfer fee had something to do with giving him a chance and persisting with him. I think that they wanted to see a return on that investment, but it's obvious now that it was way too much money spent. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Giving Ward a go at the start of the season was never the problem, at some point we had to see if he was good enough.

The issue is giving him 26 games.

Both him and Iversen have alway been a stop gap, a new keeper was always coming as part of the 23/24 rebuild.

The club were trying to be canny on the money front and delay any rebuild until that summer due to all of the out of contract players dropping of the wage bill.

They just ovrr estimated how competent the current squad is.

Your point also emphasises how imcompetent the club and ownership is !

Edited by Jono1604

56 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

Your point also emphasises how imcompetent the club and ownership is !

Not really, I can understand why they would want to delay a rebuild to next season.

Next season our wage bill will be 400k better off, also amortization of pervious transfers fees in the in the books drop by 30m.

Both of which give lots of headroom to do our business.

The squad should have more then enough quality to be mid table.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

I also think that the £12.5m transfer fee had something to do with giving him a chance and persisting with him. I think that they wanted to see a return on that investment, but it's obvious now that it was way too much money spent. 

He’s dreadful and he starts tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Pete52 said:

In the grand scheme of things it's peanuts, his been here 5 season at the end of this season.