Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...much the same as Perez, he was too long in that position, where a real Right Winger should have been!!!

We’ve not had anyone do any better than Perez when we have tried to, apart from when Maddison was put out there, but he’s obviously served better through the centre. 

Perez was part of a functioning attacking unit, Ward isn’t part of a functioning defensive unit - it isn’t quite the same. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pete52 said:

I also think that the £12.5m transfer fee had something to do with giving him a chance and persisting with him. I think that they wanted to see a return on that investment, but it's obvious now that it was way too much money spent. 

It sounds ridiculous as I had never even seen him, let alone seen him play, but I was horrified from the get go. 12.5m for a keeper who's never played? It was staggering. I half put it down to is owing an agent a favour or money laundering of some sort. It was ludicrous then and even more so now, knowing what we know. 

Off on a.tangent, that Daley Campbell lad was surely a favour to an agent too. He was never, ever a pro footballer. I'm gonna Google him now. Id be amazed if he's not selling double glazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Pete52 said:

We’ve not had anyone do any better than Perez when we have tried to, apart from when Maddison was put out there, but he’s obviously served better through the centre. 

Perez was part of a functioning attacking unit, Ward isn’t part of a functioning defensive unit - it isn’t quite the same. 

...yes Perez was a functioning member of the team!!!

Ricardo was the player bringing the actual width on the right with Perez coming to an inside right position. He was never brought in for that purpose but was adapted to block the right side, where we then concentrated going down the left.

We should have addressed the right-side a long time ago, so far loanees have been brought in where ridiculously low prices could have been paid for players who previously played for Reading and QPR.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It sounds ridiculous as I had never even seen him, let alone seen him play, but I was horrified from the get go. 12.5m for a keeper who's never played? It was staggering. I half put it down to is owing an agent a favour or money laundering of some sort. It was ludicrous then and even more so now, knowing what we know. 

Off on a.tangent, that Daley Campbell lad was surely a favour to an agent too. He was never, ever a pro footballer. I'm gonna Google him now. Id be amazed if he's not selling double glazing.

absolutely spot on 12.5m for a keeper who had not played 

Virtually every poster on here said it should be Iversen from the word go...so why the **** has Brendan waited until now to do what is so ****ing obvious? We needn't be in this absolute mess we're in now. The mind boggles. 

• Like 4

On 31/03/2023 at 14:39, coolhandfox said:

Not really, I can understand why they would want to delay a rebuild to next season.

Next season our wage bill will be 400k better off, also amortization of pervious transfers fees in the in the books drop by 30m.

Both of which give lots of headroom to do our business.

The squad should have more then enough quality to be mid table.

Your an eternal optimist i wouldnt be to sure about mid table in the Championship next season this reminds me of Sunderland of a few years ago  sheer bad management from top to bottom

On 08/05/2022 at 19:48, StanSP said:

It says a lot that as bad as Kasper has/can be, I still wouldn't have Ward.

He doesn't strike me with confidence at all in goal and actually seems weak in presence as well.

Don't get why he needs a run in. 

Almost a year ago and called it 100% right. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Virtually every poster on here said it should be Iversen from the word go...so why the **** has Brendan waited until now to do what is so ****ing obvious? We needn't be in this absolute mess we're in now. The mind boggles. 

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-danny-ward-review

Read this.

Apparently Rodgers felt Ward "deserved" to be number 1 choice because he'd been a loyal number 2 for so long. Never mind that he'd only played in one friendly game ahead of the start of the PL season.

Loyalty to a person doesn't necessarily result in them being any good in their role. Having that loyalty shouldn't be an obstacle to any manager in any walk of life to realise it simply isn't working and to then change things. You can still be "loyal" by retaining their services but in a different or lesser role. Rodgers is too arrogant to admit he was wrong and as a result we are where we are.

It take nerve as a manager in any organisation to admit you were wrong but you'd get more respect and response from your team if you did and then made a change for the better and for all.