Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

On 31/03/2023 at 17:12, Super Shinji said:

I’m sure he does have some fans, but I’d be really interested to see the sales figures for this in 12 month’s time

50A641F3-E7C6-4DAE-9412-0E379801AC6F.jpeg

Rodgers brought two and asked Wardy to spray his favourite aftershave on them, so he can remember the good times 

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

There's a very real chance this clown will line up for as our Keeper come August. 

We are locked into him for another THREE seasons. 

And possibly, at a rough guess, in the top 50 best paid keepers in world football.  Absolutely extraordinary and absolutely terrifying if he starts even a single game 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There's a very real chance this clown will line up for as our Keeper come August. 

And possibly, at a rough guess, in the top 50 best paid keepers in world football.  Absolutely extraordinary and absolutely terrifying if he starts even a single game 

Ward's on 2 Mil a year, but Smithies is on 1.5 mil so who's bright idea was it to bring in a 3rd choice goalkeeper for so much a week. Our development keeper could have sat on the bench recently for a fraction of the price.

Can't see us getting rid of either with those wages

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

My fear is that Iversen gets sold with few days left of the transfer window and the next season becomes a deja vu of the one we've just endured. Considering the current mismanagement at the club, this possibility seems genuine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

My fear is that Iversen gets sold with few days left of the transfer window and the next season becomes a deja vu of the one we've just endured. Considering the current mismanagement at the club, this possibility seems genuine.

Iversen with his performances and on a lower wage is much more likely to see interest from elsewhere. The possibility of your scenario is scarily a real possibility 

Any new manager will obviously look at videos of this season and paperwork on reviews of the players, doubt they will want to keep him and will probably tell him straight that he will not be number one.

Guest Mee-9

I wouldn't worry.

Iversen's a championship keeper all over. He'll be on a championship wage, and Ward will have to go. 

34 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Ward's on 2 Mil a year, but Smithies is on 1.5 mil so who's bright idea was it to bring in a 3rd choice goalkeeper for so much a week. Our development keeper could have sat on the bench recently for a fraction of the price.

Can't see us getting rid of either with those wages

Ward’s wages will drop to 25/30k next season. I think someone out there in PL land will offer him more as a no 2 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

It's not even so much the standard of his shot stopping, it's his positioning as the attacks are starting. Watch the goals tonight, it looks like he could never have got near any of them but the 3rd he's so out of position when they're running towards goal. He's then scrambling back, back peddling and absolutely nowhere near a shot that's at his near post. Happened so often for us too. The Forest game where we tonked them 4-0 and they didn't have a sniff, he still managed to be 30 yards from his goal and nearly gifted them something from nothing. Joke of a goalkeeper.

I watched the game, and honestly, he's all over the place. As you say, his positioning is awful. I said this early in the season for us, he doesn't even look like a goalkeeper. I've no idea how he has got to the level he has.  If I was the fan of a league two team, I wouldnt  want him in goal!

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 13:24, Paninistickers said:

He wont, any analysis done by the new manager, will see he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11, we really should if offered take any money for him and make it clear if he stays he wont play.

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

How did he get so many years into his career without anyone really noticing he is dogshit? Or has he just dropped off massively?

On the Danny Ward transfer thread I had a mini meltdown about signing him but too many thought he was a potential unpolished diamond.

£12.5m for Liverpool's arguably 4th choice GK, one full season at Huddersfield on loan in the Championship when he let in more goals than his XG and the Huddersfield fans didn't want to sign him. They had already took Hamer on a free and were worried how bad Hamer might because we let Hamer go and signed Ward.

Ward apparently was excellent in the play offs which may have sold him to our fans much like Musa's two goals in the World Cup sold him. It was all to see about what Ward was if only some people scratched the surface. I've little doubt there were high fives galore in the Liverpool boardroom when they accepted our first offer for Ward.