Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

43 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Just seeing his name is a stark reminder of the horror season, he needs to be banished 

Maybe we could take him Wetherspoon and keep getting him pitchers until he's worse for wear, then put him on a fishing trawler heading for Eastern Europe. I realise this is quite drastic, but we need to start using some initiative in this new era in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

It's mystifying. Even bog normal mug punters like me could see instantly he looked unlike a professional athlete. 

His CV, as has been said, was poor. One unremarkable season on loan and years sat on his arse as third choice at Liverpool.

I didn't object to his signing at the time as we were flush and there was no way he was ever going to play. Absurdly expensive but as I say, we were flush. 

I had a bad bad bad feeling at Forest in the cup. That was the first time I'd ever seen the clown play for us. 

Then he was unable to train last summer. Whereas his deputy was fit and trained.

Then he gets picked and we lose just about every single game. 

His xG stats are woeful 

Then his deputy has a league cup game and plays well. 

Then he continues to get selected. 

His xG stats are woeful

Then, as second choose behind Forest's third choice, he puts in a shocker for Wales in the WC.

Then he continues to get selected. His xG stats are woeful.

All these  heavy heavy indicators that he was hugely contributing to our lack of points, lack of confidence....  the damage was irreparable and has cost us hundreds of millions of quid..

Then he gets selected for Wales and is part of one of their most humiliating defeats, conceding 4 with an xG of 1.3 ffs

It's - I repeat - an absolutely extraordinary story. Scarcely believable. 

And, quite literally, one single simple change last season (Iversen for Ward at the start of the season) and we’d have stayed up. It’s almost funny. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I just watched the highlights of the wales match... holy smokes. What sort of twats would actually put that useless scarecrow in goal?

:brendan:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd genuinely back myself to save more shots than him, and I only ever played to semi pro level and that was over 7 years ago.

I'd concede more, because I was a nightmare with crosses even then.

But I'd save more shots. The guy has no idea how to position himself and has the reactions of a cow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

And, quite literally, one single simple change last season (Iversen for Ward at the start of the season) and we’d have stayed up. It’s almost funny. 

It is kinda funny, in a masochistic way. It was that simple to stay up. Even more macabre is that everyone knew it. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

When does his contract end? There's no way we're scamming anyone into buying him.

From a performance point of view, we'd be better off paying him off in full and annulling his registration. 

Then, if Iversen, Smithie and that Polish sounding named lad (Stolaycyk?) are all injured, we could simply add an eleventh outfield player and forego the keeper entirely. We'd be better off. I stress,.if he don't save any shots, what's the fcking point. Just play Wilf or Vestergaard as some kinda deep sweeper

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

I just watched the highlights of the wales match... holy smokes. What sort of twats would actually put that useless scarecrow in goal?

I thought the same, are the current Welsh keepers seriously that bad

Btw, whilst I'm on a roll, if you're reading Danny, it ain't personal. 

But for the good of the club, I need to orchestrate a campaign to pay you off and drive you out. You'll get your money son, you'll be looked after. But you aren't fit to goalkeep at professional level. Sorry pal. It's just business.

Edited by Paninistickers

9 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

How ? Blame the idiots that bought him, gave him a contract & for Rodgers who persisted with him. How on earth can you blame Ward ? 

How can I blame Ward for being a terrible player? He’s fvcking crap. Possibly the worst goalkeeper we’ve ever had. Proper fraudster.