Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

Sweet summer child I envy you if up until this season Ricardo was the worst keeper you've ever seen play for us lol

Ricardo was hopeless for us, not sure he was quiet Pressman or Rab Douglas levels of bad, but he had an absolute stinker whilst here.

For me the top 5, or bottom 5 as it may be have got to be

1. Kalac

2. Pressman

3. Douglas

4. Ward

5. Ricardo 

The thing I can’t get my head around with Ward is his positioning, how has he got this far in the game with such woeful positioning - at least Kalac got into the right position to catch a ball before dropping it into his own net.

The others on the list were all over the hill and past it and unfit when they arrived - Ward is actually in his prime and doesn’t appear to understand where to stand or how to get into position.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Ricardo was hopeless for us, not sure he was quiet Pressman or Rab Douglas levels of bad, but he had an absolute stinker whilst here.

1. Kalac

2. Pressman

3. Douglas

4. Ward

5. Ricardo 

The thing I can’t get my head around with Ward is his positioning, how has he got this far in the game with such woeful positioning - at least Kalac got into the right position to catch a ball before dropping it into his own net.

The others on the list were all over the hill and past it and unfit when they arrived - Ward is actually in his prime and doesn’t appear to understand where to stand or how to get into position.

Some of the blame for poor positioning must be laid at the door of Stowell, after all he is the goalkeeping coach.

If we ordinary folk can see it why can't someone on the coaching staff see it.

Or is it a question of Ward not being capable of breaking this weakness, therefore, if that is the case he needs to be off-loaded.

Edited by David Hankey
  • Like 3

Just now, David Hankey said:

Some of the blame for poor positioning must be laid at the door of Stowell, after all he is the goalkeeping coach.

Or is it a question of Ward not be capable of breaking this weakness, therefore, if that is the case he needs to be off-loaded.

I agree, it will be interesting to see if he gets a move and plays somewhere else if this is an area he improves on. 
It’s just so obvious to anyone watching the game and so often.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

1. Kalac

2. Pressman

3. Douglas

4. Ward

5. Ricardo 

No way…

Spider was a hero

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

1. Kalac

2. Pressman

3. Douglas

4. Ward

5. Ricardo 

Only difference is Pressman and Douglas, though poor for us, both had decent careers and were both 30+ when they signed for us (wasn't Pressman about 36!?). It's no comparison to Ward who should be in his prime at 28/29 years of age.

A name you've left off who would make my list is Conrad Logan, I thought he was hopeless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Or is it a question of Ward not being capable of breaking this weakness, therefore, if that is the case he needs to be off-loaded.

Not everyone can be coached into a better player. Some players are just rubbish and Ward is one of them.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not everyone can be coached into a better player. Some players are just rubbish and Ward is one of them.

No, but a player can be coached in the basics and for a goalkeeper positioning is just as important as saving a shot.