Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the astute Liverpool DoF and the incompetent Leicester scouting system!!!

We keep on bringing in keepers, and not one appears to have anything about them. What is it exactly that we are looking for, as we go from one keeper to another showing the same awful quality and we decide that they are good enough to bring into the club.

If this was money laundering then the police would be turning Seagrave upside down, the sad thing is there are no other viable reason that I can see for what we are doing.

Stowell? I mean none of us are professionals but bloody hell after only a hand full of games we could all see that he was and is appalling so why the hell couldn't they before stumping up 12 million quid for him? I still maintain if Bodgers had dropped him much much earlier for Iverson we would still have a place in the prem.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Wortho said:

And this what worries me about Stowell, if he is such a good coach he would recognise that Ward is awful.

Didn't he tell Rodgers how bad he was or did he think is was Prem level? Another reason to get rid of both.

Stowell wasn't in charge it was Rodgers decision who to pick. In fact, Stowell had Iverson in goal for his two games in charge.

• Like 1

Liverpool were adept in passing off tat for hugely inflated fees back when we signed Ward. They were particularly prolific with Bournemouth while Eddy Howe was there - Ibe, Smith & Solanke for £50m+ combined. Crystal Palace also threw £50m at them for Benteke & Mamadou Sakho.

Back in the olden days of circumventing FFP rules I'd guess.

7 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Stowell wasn't in charge it was Rodgers decision who to pick. In fact, Stowell had Iverson in goal for his two games in charge.

Yeah fair enough, so in other words Stowell was too frightened to tell Rodgers he was League 2 class. If Stowell hasn't got the balls to tell Rodgers then perhaps he's a 'yes' man. I hope he gets the elbow for this reason alone.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lcfc043 said:

I still maintain, relative to the level we were playing at, he’s the worse goalkeeper in our history. 

I would probably agree with that on account that he became a first choice. In recent times Zieler was bad but he was a second choice. Even then he still probably wasn't as bad as Ward. 

• Like 2

This is the moment when I knew that we were in serious trouble for the remainder of the season seeing Ward playing "Where's Wally" against Brighton. It was also the moment that made me start questioning what Stowell's use is on this team.

7F2AE26C-D926-4F1E-AEF3-618E15832DB5.jpeg

Edited by Mike1983

Funny that everyones turned on him, he was a cult hero when he was number two due to his heroics in a number of shoot outs in cup games. 

I don't solely blame him for us being where we are, didn't have a defence in front of him at the start of the season. I don't think yes a first choice keeper in the Premier League which is why we brought him as a back up yet people on here act like he's the son of Thatcher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

And this what worries me about Stowell, if he is such a good coach he would recognise that Ward is awful.

Didn't he tell Rodgers how bad he was or did he think is was Prem level? Another reason to get rid of both.

.. why couldn't Rodgers have seen it for himself!!!

Can you imagine someone dictating anything to Rodgers. It was abundantly clear for all to see, how inadequate Ward was in his position. Rodgers chose to continue to use him, what could Stowell do in that situation. 

Going back to dropping Kasper on game 149 (I believe it had reached that number of consecutive games), bringing in Ward for one game  and then bringing back Kasper, it was a show of strength by Rodgers.

Ward may have been part of it or just got caught up in this power game, but to go 26 games into the season before we chose to go to Iversen,  suggest that he was close to, and very much favoured by Rodgers.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Funny that everyones turned on him, he was a cult hero when he was number two due to his heroics in a number of shoot outs in cup games. 

I don't solely blame him for us being where we are, didn't have a defence in front of him at the start of the season. I don't think yes a first choice keeper in the Premier League which is why we brought him as a back up yet people on here act like he's the son of Thatcher.

I’m not sure it was a number of shootouts, just the one against Wolves. Warning signs on the wall, with the goal we conceded vs Burton Albion in 2019. You must have a low bar for what constitutes a cult hero.

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

I’m not sure it was a number of shootouts, just the one against Wolves. Warning signs on the wall, with the goal we conceded vs Burton Albion in 2019. You must have a low bar for what constitutes a cult hero.

I wasn’t the one chanting his name in the shoot out against Man City 😂

1 hour ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

he is shit though

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

I present …….

:amartey:

From the Foxestalk Cult of Amartey

2 hours ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

i don't blame him at all, he was never good enough for PL football when we signed him from Liverpool for £12.5m, that's not really his fault.

If you looked at his performances and credentials and listened to people who had watched him play over a season it was all there to see, Ward failing here was what I expected.

Too many people watched him be a star in the play offs for Huddersfield and assumed that was his level when if you scratched at the surface it was all there to see.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lcfc043 said:

I still maintain, relative to the level we were playing at, he’s the worse goalkeeper in our history. 

Obviously you never saw. Colin Macleworth, Mark Grew and Carl Jeyes, never mind Kevin Pressman and Rab Douglas 

Edited by Lesterlad

4 hours ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Maybe people were just giving the guy a chance and supporting him as we generally do with all players, until we all realised after a few weeks/months that he was dire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Maybe if Schmeichel had stayed longer, he could've learnt more from the legend.

He's a senior player in terms of age, not a youth prospect. If he's not learnt anything in 4 seasons of deputising for Kasper, a 5th season wouldn't have helped. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John rayner said:

I would like to see Kasper come back as goalkeeping coach ,

I thought that would've been the case a couple of seasons ago, but apparently he left the club on a sour note unfortunately.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Maybe if Schmeichel had stayed longer, he could've learnt more from the legend.

...he was backup to Kasper for a long time, I believe that has contributed to his lack of growth in the game!!!

The one player who gained little, if no game time in 4 years, is the one being blamed for being inept. 

Ward has chosen to sit on the bench and take the money stifling his own development, and when his moment arrived he was found to be incapable.  It really depends on what you want from the game?

8 hours ago, John rayner said:

I would like to see Kasper come back as goalkeeping coach ,

...that could never happen!!!

His persona is not a backroom coach but someone who has a major influence on the club and the direction that it takes. He may come in for a season (to play) but I believe he would then take up an executive role within the club.

Stowell has always been pretty useless. 

Look at Kasper, in all the time he was here, question marks over his distribution and command of his box, did Stowell improve him? No. I'd say Kasper would have learned more from his Father!