Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

I'm amazed at the amount of grief poor old Mick Stowell gets. 

He's part of the fabric of the club. It's always good for new managers (and the club)  to have a constant there. 

I've no idea if he's good or bad at coaching - but I think most on here over egg the role the GK coach plays. I'd imagine they are part coach, part facilitator, part analyst, part bib & cone man, part confidant, part kit man. 

I like him. I dunno why. But I like long term employees of the club. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, westernpark said:

Must have just been in your head then. They were grim games, missed opportunities both quarter finals against them.

Must have imagined it, thank god the oracle himself is on here to correct me.

Edited by Quorndon_Fox

Fancying a move to Scotland are you Danny?

Is this a come and get me message?

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/danny-ward-recalls-amazing-aberdeen-27221779

Danny Ward recalls 'amazing' Aberdeen spell and challenging Celtic for the title
The Wales No1 spent a year on loan at Pittodrie and loved every minute of it

SPFL
ByRyan McDonaldEditor
11:06, 29 JUN 2023UPDATED11:07, 29 JUN 2023

Danny Ward admits he loved his time at Aberdeen and battling Celtic for the title.

The Leicester City goalie spent the 2015-16 campaign on loan at Pittodrie as he was given his first taste of regular first-team football. Ward, 30, established himself as Derek McInnes' first-choice keeper and racked up 31 appearances as the Dons gave the Hoops a brief title fright before finishing second in the Scottish Premiership.

Former Liverpool starlet Ward confessed he was blown away by the stature of Aberdeen and reckons his stint in Scottish football helped him become a World Cup and Premier League shotstopper. The Wales No1 told Parimatch: "I got exposed to first-team football at Morecambe. I had a month or so there and loved it. I was only there for five games, I think, towards the end of the season. And then thankfully, because of my performances there Aberdeen took a bit of notice, and I didn't know too much about the club to be honest.

"All I knew was it was a big club in Scotland, and then when you get up there, Aberdeen is so far away from everywhere else in Scotland. I think Dundee is the closest city and it's still an hour and a half journey.

"It's very far, but it was amazing. Then you realise how big the club is, but they were brilliant with me. The manager up there was fantastic in terms of letting me have days off to fly back because I was still only 21 or 22, I was only a young lad. But the big thing I went up there for was the football.

"It exposed me to playing away at Celtic and these big games. I was part of a team there at the time where we were heading towards a title. We'd set records with clean sheets. We did really well. We won the first eight games of the season and we were top of the league. So, it sort of it felt right for me and I really chucked myself in.

On 21/06/2023 at 08:15, SK3Blue said:

Stowell has always been pretty useless. 

Look at Kasper, in all the time he was here, question marks over his distribution and command of his box, did Stowell improve him? No. I'd say Kasper would have learned more from his Father!

Kasper got much better during his time here and grew into one of the best goalkeepers in the league.

His distribution was questionable but if he had everything then they'd have probably been playing for a bigger club than us.

• 3 weeks later...

Not involved today, and a new keeper about to arrive - does this mean he is on his way out?

From what I’ve read on here Hermansen is a done deal, and he will surely come in and be number one.

Stolarczyk was selected to start today - will maybe number 2 or would he be better off with a loan move and be a number one somewhere else?

Iversen then came off the bench ahead of Ward - does suggest he is ahead of Ward in the pecking order.

With Ward, Iversen, Hermansen, Stolarczyk, Smithies, Young -( @Ant495
You’re not forgotten) and a couple of other decent young keepers on the books surely we have to see some movement out pretty quickly. 
I do wonder if the best option for Danny Ward is to get a Smithies move, maybe third choice at somewhere like Tottenham where he can pick up a wage and concern on being ‘a great bloke in the dressing room’.

16 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Another one we’re going to struggle to offload, bloated squad of players we don’t want and neither it seems does anyone else.

No they don't , because they will not pay these players what they want and as they are still under contract to us , they will stay. Too many on here think footballers are prepared to give up millions of pounds for a starting place that is not guaranteed. They could just as easily end up on the bench on far less money. They simply are not going to do that.

• Like 1

It'll really sting when we have 5 goalkeepers that all need 1st team football on our books and 11 central defenders and we're told that we couldn't get the creative midfielders and wingers in because we needed to move on players in order for them to arrive.

I'm here for it.

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It'll really sting when we have 5 goalkeepers that all need 1st team football on our books and 11 central defenders and we're told that we couldn't get the creative midfielders and wingers in because we needed to move on players in order for them to arrive.

I'm here for it.

A couple of flair players would do nicely right now.