Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

15 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I do wonder with the deal for Hermansem looking done and dusted, whether we already have a couple of deals agreed in principle for keepers to leave the club, I wouldn’t be shocked if both Iversen and Ward move on before the end of the week. 

Also would not bother me either as both are not top quality .......a Keeper is so important ....we started to look like a prem team when we bought Kasper and need to solve that before I think we have any chance of returning especially based upon EM's footballing approach......I thought young Jacob did well yesterday and looked very assured apart from one moment on the ball

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, martyn said:

I genuinely dont see who takes Ward.

He is on big wages and has become a laughing stock everywhere.

Best case is probably a loan with us still subbing a decent % of his salary.

Saudi Arabia 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

You’re not forgotten) and a couple of other decent young keepers on the books surely we have to see some movement out pretty quickly. 
I do wonder if the best option for Danny Ward is to get a Smithies move, maybe third choice at somewhere like Tottenham where he can pick up a wage and concern on being ‘a great bloke in the dressing room’.

Nice work if you can get it!

Edited by cropstonfox

2 hours ago, martyn said:

That’s the big issue as I see it as well. One search on google or twitter and you can see the man has become a meme. His recent performances for Wales certainly didn’t help either, 4 shots on target 4 goals against Armenia at home ffs.

Ward is someone you just let leave for a nominal fee if anything at all, Iversen we could probably find a buyer for, Stolarczyk needs another loan, hopefully we are left with the new keeper and Smithies as no 2 with the young keepers rotating as the travelling number 3

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Disagree..IMO and others..Iversen he is more than a decent GK..

Completely disagree if you want a keeper who can play from the back and play in the Prem - he’s not a top class keeper and never will be - we need to replace Kasper. Top teams start from having a great keeper.

Got there early yesterday and he was out warming up before everyone else even the other keepers. He made several howlers doing pretty basic drills so not surprised he didn’t feature. Ideally get rid asap but got an awful feeling he’ll still be here come 1st September 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, martyn said:

Wrexham he can bench warm for Ben Foster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Ward is someone you just let leave for a nominal fee if anything at all, Iversen we could probably find a buyer for, Stolarczyk needs another loan, hopefully we are left with the new keeper and Smithies as no 2 with the young keepers rotating as the travelling number 3

Just register willy as a 3rd keeper. Presume the young lads don't need to be registered same as the PL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Just register willy as a 3rd keeper. Presume the young lads don't need to be registered same as the PL

U21s don't need to be registered, if we can keep just the new one and Smithies that's an extra outfielder that we can register 

He really needs to learn from his quite a few mistakes he had made from last season, at a new club.

Sometimes moving on to somewhere where someone is willing to take a player like him on, despite a players' flaws, can actually help with their development.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He really needs to learn from his quite a few mistakes he had made from last season, at a new club.

Sometimes moving on to somewhere where someone is willing to take a player like him on, despite a players' flaws, can actually help with their development.

He’s 30 years old he’s as developed as he’s ever gonna be, bet he can’t believe he’s managed to con a living out of playing football for this long. There won’t be a team at any level willing to take a punt on him. Nevermind his astronomical wages 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

So Ward is currently 4th choice GK before we buy another GK currently I'm guessing?

It's quite telling when your 41 year old assistant manager is higher in the pecking order than you are lol

Thought at the time that £12million for a back up goal keeper was a bit iffy and so it proved to be a few years later. 

If he hadn't have been 1st choice last season we'd probably stand a decent chance of getting him off the books even if it was at a heavy loss financially

Mind you, if he hasn't have been 1st choice last season there's a fair chance we'd still be in the premier League 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

It's quite telling when your 41 year old assistant manager is higher in the pecking order than you are lol

Thought at the time that £12million for a back up goal keeper was a bit iffy and so it proved to be a few years later. 

If he hadn't have been 1st choice last season we'd probably stand a decent chance of getting him off the books even if it was at a heavy loss financially

Mind you, if he hasn't have been 1st choice last season there's a fair chance we'd still be in the premier League 

I hadn't included the assistant I had, 1) Iverson 2) Stolarcyzk 3) Smithies but we could probably through Willy in as 4th choice. Its quite telling he didn't play a minute against Northampton.