Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

30 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

City will need to bite the bullet on this one and take what any club offers or possibly just pay him out. His failures were very well publicized and every one out there knows he is shite. 

It's evident that Ward has fallen to the 4th or 5th choice position, as Enzo doesn't seem to rate him at all, and rightfully so, given his performances. I can't help but feel sorry for Ward. From his interviews, he appears to be a genuinely nice person, but I can't fathom how he became a professional goalkeeper, let alone securing a starting position in top flight football!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He was so far out of his depth in the Prem I genuinely don't know what his level is. 

I'm convinced you'd find 6 or 7 part time keepers in the national League who'd be no better nor worse than Ward. 

As someone else says, it isn't personal. The lad might be a real decent fella. Even Rodgers when he belatedly dropped him said Ward was all too aware of his performance levels, which indicates a self awareness and sadly, probably exasperated the problem as he may well have been aware he was out of his depth

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

He was so far out of his depth in the Prem I genuinely don't know what his level is. 

I reckon he could get a good gig somewhere like Turkey or Greece after this contract, when he's out of contract u have to take whatever wage someone offers. In the mean time loan him out to Leuven if there are no offers.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 2

On 16/07/2023 at 21:53, Jimbo said:

It's quite telling when your 41 year old assistant manager is higher in the pecking order than you are lol

Thought at the time that £12million for a back up goal keeper was a bit iffy and so it proved to be a few years later. 

If he hadn't have been 1st choice last season we'd probably stand a decent chance of getting him off the books even if it was at a heavy loss financially

Mind you, if he hasn't have been 1st choice last season there's a fair chance we'd still be in the premier League 

It was completely bonkers recruitment and so obviously so at the time. The minute you start throwing money at backups you're in trouble. We fell into some of the classic recruitment traps and paid the ultimate price for it.

I disagree regarding Iverson.

yes he lacks ability with his feet on the ball but he is not like ward. Ward is something else entirely. What has been going on in the GK dept for the last few seasons? Crikey it’s an absolute shambles. From losing kasper to our GK coach and Rogers decisions it’s just mind boggling. Sorting out our defense for set pieces too after conceding for so long and the delay in getting the set piece coach. Looking back on it all now it was a pure comical and farcical period for a premier league club. No other team was having issues quite like us!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It was completely bonkers recruitment and so obviously so at the time. The minute you start throwing money at backups you're in trouble. We fell into some of the classic recruitment traps and paid the ultimate price for it.

Thing is the recruitment should be straight forward, not in terms of players specifically, but their profile. We have had what 5 years of managers that wanna play possession football, sure different variations of it. The signings of Vestegaard, Bertrand, Praet, Perez, Nacho, Daka, Faes and Ward (probably missed others) don't fit. At least if the club is forward thinking regarding the next coach, we won't end up with half a squad of players that don’t fit a system, the new coach wants to play.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

So, now fourth choice it seems. And entirely possible fifth, behind Smithies. (In fact, I'd have him as sixth or seventh, behind the academy lads. Ward simply isn't a professional standard goalkeeper) 

I cannot recall a more curious continued selection of a player by a manager. Ever. 26 games ffs. It directly cost us our PL status, 100m+ in revenues and the manager his own job.

Gobsmacking.

I remember the raised eyebrows when we signed him for £12 million and thinking our recruitment team must have seen something that others missed. It is such a sorry tale and the lessons need to be learned. 

8 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

I remember the raised eyebrows when we signed him for £12 million and thinking our recruitment team must have seen something that others missed. It is such a sorry tale and the lessons need to be learned. 

I stood by him for a long time because he was obviously going to be rusty having been sat on the bench behind one of the most consistent keepers the Prem's ever seen. The thing I could never get my head round was that he had that season at Huddersfield when they got promoted where he was their POTS and a lot of fans still put their success that season down to his solid performances. His cup appearances were always decent too.

From there he just descended into piss-poor displays backed up by circus clown technique.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iancognito said:

I stood by him for a long time because he was obviously going to be rusty having been sat on the bench behind one of the most consistent keepers the Prem's ever seen. The thing I could never get my head round was that he had that season at Huddersfield when they got promoted where he was their POTS and a lot of fans still put their success that season down to his solid performances. His cup appearances were always decent too.

From there he just descended into piss-poor displays backed up by circus clown technique.

Same as me. I stood by him and to be honest it’s nothing to do with him and I still like him as a person and player. He just isn’t good enough for what we need and that’s not his fault. The ones to blame are the ones who bought him and played him when we needed something better. Even if we didn’t know initially it took too long to rectify the issue and sort it out. The consequences are well known but it cannot be allowed to repeat in some form or another. The governance of the club needs to be analysed and strengthened so we able to recognise issues earlier and tackle them before it knocks us off course. 

• Like 1