Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Heard reports that Luton are eyeing Ward up, but only on a season long loan deal.

I’m good with that as long as they are picking up all of his wages.    I really don’t expect to get much in the way of cash for him just need him off the roster 

10 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

My take on ward is he is arrogant as well as crap. Having taken my nipper down to the ground early a couple of times last season to get some photos and autographs. Ward completely  blanked the kids on both occasions,  almost all the others came over and did their bit. Special mention to mark Albrighton  who was great with the young fans, also Barnes and kel who just radiates happiness. 

Kids wanted his autograph?:o

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

My take on ward is he is arrogant as well as crap. Having taken my nipper down to the ground early a couple of times last season to get some photos and autographs. Ward completely  blanked the kids on both occasions,  almost all the others came over and did their bit. Special mention to mark Albrighton  who was great with the young fans, also Barnes and kel who just radiates happiness. 

Surprising to hear. Met Ward a few years ago and thought he was a nice chap mingling with the fans. Maybe being number 1 got to his ego 

Edited by HybridFox

11 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

I think that’s more likely to be shyness than arrogance. One of the reasons he’s not a better keeper is a lack of confidence IMHO

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, oz was my hero said:

I'm as anti-Ward as the next person, but I'm not having this. 

This speaks to how altruistic Albrighton, Barnes and Iheanacho are more than it does Ward being arrogant or anything else.

It comes down to personality types. We're all different, and if I was a professional footballer I'd avoid as much contact with the general public as possible, too. Especially kids! 

Yes you're fans and pay to go down etc etc., but really when you boil it down they don't owe you anything. For some people that interaction (on top of the countless others that day if they obliged every time) is exhausting. For others it gives them energy. 

Don't be so entitled as to expect another person's attention.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'm as anti-Ward as the next person, but I'm not having this. 

This speaks to how altruistic Albrighton, Barnes and Iheanacho are more than it does Ward being arrogant or anything else.

It comes down to personality types. We're all different, and if I was a professional footballer I'd avoid as much contact with the general public as possible, too. Especially kids! 

Yes you're fans and pay to go down etc etc., but really when you boil it down they don't owe you anything. For some people that interaction (on top of the countless others that day if they obliged every time) is exhausting. For others it gives them energy. 

Don't be so entitled as to expect another person's attention.

Nothing to do with being entitled , it takes less than a minute to sign a book. Little things like that make a kids day.  If the player was out having a beer or something  then leave them alone and let them have privacy. I agree with you on that. Just think it's a bit poor when they are at the ground. 

I know someone, who knows someone who has interactions with him (#itk!) and they say he's a nice guy but very quiet and unassuming. He's probably a but of an introvert so interactions with fans, media or actually communicating with his defence probably doesn't come naturally to him. No idea if it's close to the truth or not!

On 10/08/2023 at 21:53, oz was my hero said:

Nah, your nipper was just in his blind spot. Most strikers seem to find it too!

• 10 months later...

Just some perspective on money buys success.

When we signed Danny Ward in the 18/19 season, he was the 19th most expensive transfer ever for a goalkeeper. 

He’s still the 44th highest fee ever paid for a goalkeeper today.

• Sad 4

On 12/08/2023 at 17:12, phoneticerror said:

To be fair to the guy; he probably didn’t think anybody would want him autograph 😂

I beg to differ. 

Framed autographed DW shirt in the Fox Shop.  

I bought 2 as I have an upstairs and downstairs karzi  

AND I got £200 change out of a grand 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

On 10/08/2023 at 18:20, iancognito said:

I stood by him for a long time because he was obviously going to be rusty having been sat on the bench behind one of the most consistent keepers the Prem's ever seen. The thing I could never get my head round was that he had that season at Huddersfield when they got promoted where he was their POTS and a lot of fans still put their success that season down to his solid performances. His cup appearances were always decent too.

From there he just descended into piss-poor displays backed up by circus clown technique.

In some defence of him he was hung out by rodgers. He’d been injured all pre-season only getting fit in the week before the first match. rodgers should never have picked him as he was never going to be ready, then when it was clear and his form was bad he never dropped him. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Just some perspective on money buys success.

When we signed Danny Ward in the 18/19 season, he was the 19th most expensive transfer ever for a goalkeeper. 

He’s still the 44th highest fee ever paid for a goalkeeper today.

That new deal we signed him to as well when it must have been painstakingly clear he was bang average is another one for the scrap book. 

• Like 4