Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I always thought he would up at Wrexam !!

Maybe it was wishful thinking on my behalf !!!

Wrexham are a club on the up. I doubt they'd even want Ward as their ressie keeper. 

• Haha 1

On 21/06/2024 at 21:54, Molson Canadian said:

how do we get the "mutual agreement" in regards to him leaving? 

He's here til '25 or until someone matches his crazy wages. If you're prepared to tell your country you're happier losing your place than taking a wage drop nothing Jonny boy offers him will change his mind

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Groby_Blue said:

Wrexham are a club on the up. I doubt they'd even want Ward as their ressie keeper. 

I thought they might want the Welsh national keeper just for the prestige it would bring 

4 hours ago, Danizen said:

Even if Trestellar formed a football club, they still wouldn't take him off our hands. He's here until next summer (barring a new contract; which I wouldn't put past the club).

Surely even Rudkin is not that thick !!

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

You would have said the same with Vestegaard at this time last year.

I think Ruskin is stupid for offering a nearly 32 year old CB (who has had one out three good seasons for us, whilst playing in the second tier) a three year deal now, let alone this time last year.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think Ruskin is stupid for offering a nearly 32 year old CB (who has had one out three good seasons for us, whilst playing in the second tier) a three year deal now, let alone this time last year.

I agree

• Like 1

Can we plead to the premier league overlords that ward is an absolute donkey and we want him gone to save our club. Can we pay off his contract and have him gone for good?

19 hours ago, KingsX said:

Even worse -- he’s among our worst ever re-signings.  The club have overpaid for him three times.

(1) We paid Liverpool many times his market value in 2018

Wardxfer.JPG.60bfc0c2f57bdec373be99298f81fe40.JPG

(2) … we then paid him Prem wages for three years to make a dozen or so appearances,  not a single one in the PL

(3) … and finally gave him the new 4 year contract in 2021.

You don’t even have to add in the financial hit of being relegated in the only year he actually played (I use "played" loosely) to conclude that he was a ruinous signing.

I think he personifies everything wrong with our transfer dealings recently

- Overpaid in the first place

- Didn't contribute during his first spell

- Got on the gravy train thanks to Rodgers and got offered a new deal based on very little

- When it was his turn to contribute, he was horrendous

- Couldn't shift him for a fee

- Leaves for free

• Like 3

20 hours ago, KingsX said:

Even worse -- he’s among our worst ever re-signings.  The club have overpaid for him three times.

(1) We paid Liverpool many times his market value in 2018

Wardxfer.JPG.60bfc0c2f57bdec373be99298f81fe40.JPG

(2) … we then paid him Prem wages for three years to make a dozen or so appearances,  not a single one in the PL

(3) … and finally gave him the new 4 year contract in 2021.

You don’t even have to add in the financial hit of being relegated in the only year he actually played (I use "played" loosely) to conclude that he was a ruinous signing.

None of it though his fault of course. 

Anyone remember his xG (or whatever saves are called)? It must've been up there with that Sheffield United lad 

23 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Genuinely can't remember when he made a save.

I think it was October 2022 - I remember it was at home and I remember shouting out instinctively .......... 'Fuch Me he's saved one' - It got an unintended laugh but after seeing him concede 5 at Arsenal, 5 at Brighton, 6 at At Spurs I was in a state of shock