Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I would be more sympathetic to Ward but he’s on a fair wedge and a 29 year old who has played only 80 league games in his career doesn’t really deserve any sympathy. Iverson is 4 years younger and made 150 appearances. Guess main concern is why is Iverson not starting, surely he can’t be any worse.

Iversen or Smithies would be better than Ward. I reckon I'd be as effective as Ward, that's how bad he is. 

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

that's the same thing though - Ward's save was totally in vain because our defence is just porous. Lloris save from Daka was backed up by the fact the Spurs defence were actually getting within ten yards of the strikers and defending aggressively. If he makes that save and our defence/system is better he get's applauded for saving us a point. Fact is you could have Schmeichel, Lloris, Ederson, Allison whoever in goal behind our lot right now and they'd concede, we're wide open.

If we're giving Ward pelters for conceding goals, Evans has been gash for much of the season and that stupid nothing pass to Ndidi yesterday was the latest symptom. We've so far had Amartey, Ndidi and Faes next to him in the middle and we're wide open every game. Ward's had his faults but scapegoating him is just covering the fact that our backline right now is all over the place.

Defence is poor but no way those keepers you listed concede five at Brighton or six yesterday. We probably lose both games but not conceding 5 and 6. 

4 hours ago, sdb said:

Kasper would've stopped at least 2, but possibly 4 of yesterday's goals. I honestly believe that.

Anyone remember Hamer for Huddersfield vs us a few years back? He just looked so small, passive, disengaged and slow. I debated whether he was actually throwing the game for us he was so bad. The difference between him and every other PL keeper I've seen in the last 20 years was stark. Every week this season I've had the same flashbacks when watching Ward. So far below the required standard, on every front.

Nah. The only one he should have done better with is Son's hat-trick. The only difference is Schmeichel would have been out on the edge of his box afterwards bolocking our useless defence for - yet again - being nowhere near the guy having a free shot. Let's not pretend Kasper never conceded 5s and 6s playing for us, even 7 against Spurs. Great shot stopper but nowhere near the Lev Yashin status he's aquired in the last 2 months

• Like 1

Just now, OwnGoal said:

Defence is poor but no way those keepers you listed concede five at Brighton or six yesterday. We probably lose both games but not conceding 5 and 6. 

We're allowing far more shots on goal, even than last season. The closing down is non-existent at times. I happen to think Ward along with 2 or 3 others will look a mile better under a different manager. I'd almost want Iversen in for a couple of games to prove the point. We're going to concede 5 or 6 if we just let people keep taking shots. Nobody's blocking, throwing themselves in the way, it's a shambles. I can accept losing to teams but we're collapsing and giving up after 60 minutes.

• Like 1

He’s not great. Yep. But, have you seen our defence 😂 

Stick Ederson in goal for us and he may have saved a few but we’d still be bottom of the league. The outfield players are massively letting the team down. Ward is just a small part of the problem. 

• Like 1

Funny thing is I've barely seen Ward play for us, the main one that springs to mind was the Newport County farce under Puel.

Seeing him play for the first time this season v Brighton and Spurs reinforced what was being posted on here about Ward, he's simply not premier league quality, he does not command his box, I don't think the defence are confident in him and continuing to play him as our number one goalkeeper is a baffling decision, surely Iversen cannot be any worse or even Smithies for that matter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At least he punched the ground and showed a bit of character after number 6 went in 😂

Got to feel a bit for him after last week the balls he was getting passed back and put under pressure, to the 2 players caught in possession yesterday and the gaping holes in defence.

Unfortunately he bares the brunt of the shit displays as most keepers do when teams are struggling and conceding.

It seems quite bizarre that Iversen hasn’t been given a chance, why should BR care about the long term effects it will have on Ward being dropped.

When he isn’t likely to still be here to see it.

Unless of course he is trying to force the clubs hand into a sacking to get his full pay off.

1 hour ago, whetstonefox said:

I would be more sympathetic to Ward but he’s on a fair wedge and a 29 year old who has played only 80 league games in his career doesn’t really deserve any sympathy. Iverson is 4 years younger and made 150 appearances. Guess main concern is why is Iverson not starting, surely he can’t be any worse.

Oh yeah definitely don’t have sympathy for him. 

But also don’t lay all the blame at his doorstep. It’s not his fault he’s not up to Kasper’s level & his manager’s incompetent.

6 minutes ago, Wortho said:

He’s probably the worst keeper I’ve ever seen at our club… absolutely dreadful 

Ricardo was bad but at least he could stand in the right place by the virtue of having some experience. Ward can't even stand in the right place. He was in 2nd slip for their 3rd goal ffs. How they can watch that back when they're next training and not just laugh in his face is beyond me.

• Haha 2

Saw him interviewed a few years back after a rare appearance when he arrogantly took all the credit for Kasper being so good.

Claimed that if he wasn't as good as he was then Kasper wouldn't be.

Never liked him since then and kinda glad he's been called out for how sh*t he actually is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whetstonefox said:

Team of the season at Rotherham, team of the at Preston and players players of the season. You don’t get that if your shite. 3 saves in our penalty shoot out at Stockport. Deserves his chance. 

• Like 2