Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

Hope Danny Ward never reads this he'll be straight to the depression thread afterwards!

Plenty of players who have been crap over the years and he was just one of them - and certainly not the wost, not sure it deserves 160 pages though. If I was on a cpl of millon quid a year would I sit on it? Absolutely I would for the future of my family.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Hope Danny Ward never reads this he'll be straight to the depression thread afterwards!

Plenty of players who have been crap over the years and he was just one of them - and certainly not the wost, not sure it deserves 160 pages though. If I was on a cpl of millon quid a year would I sit on it? Absolutely I would for the future of my family.

That's a great topic. 

Players who were crapper than Danny Ward. 

I'll start .............. er 

Tom English? (I may be being harsh on Tom - I was young but he looked completely sh@te to me) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That's a great topic. 

Tom English? (I may be being harsh on Tom - I was young but he looked completely sh@te to me) 

Genuinely going to be hard pressed to think of a crapper player than Danny Ward to be honest.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That's a great topic. 

Kalac was far worse, but then again he went on to win a Champions League, World Club Cup, and play in the World Cup …

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Kalac was far worse, but then again he went on to win a Champions League, World Club Cup, and play in the World Cup …

The keeper who couldn’t catch. How many of us were dreading Palace getting a corner if there was time, in the play off final!

15 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

I’ve made this point several times, many have been bad for us but no goalkeeper other than him cost us 12.5m and 40k a week in wages, for 12 appearances none of which came in the league until the calamity last season. He’s pound for pound the worst we’ve ever had. It’s not his fault about the fee and wages but it his fault for not being ready to play. He spent 4 years absolutely stealing a living, dropping in some clangers for us that largely get ignored because we won the games against lesser opposition. After the back to back spurs and Brighton games, where he shipped 11 and clearly wasn’t cut out for this level he should have faked an injury or created an injury for himself, he spent enough of his time here out injured it wouldn’t have been that unbelievable

😂 After those 2 games he kept 6 clean sheets in the next 8.

13 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

😂 After those 2 games he kept 6 clean sheets in the next 8.

Yeah and after those 6 didn’t keep another clean sheet in the league for the rest of the season. He kept 1 clean sheet for that point against MK Dons. And conceded 5 in 100 minutes for Wales at the world cup where he was 2nd choice behind Forests 3rd choice Wayne Hennessy 

Just now, It'sblueupnorth said:

Yeah and after those 6 didn’t keep another clean sheet in the league for the rest of the season. He kept 1 clean sheet from that point against MK Dons. And conceded 5 in 100 minutes for Wales at the world cup where he was 2nd choice behind Forests 3rd choice Wayne Hennessy 

41 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

I’ve made this point several times, many have been bad for us but no goalkeeper other than him cost us 12.5m and 40k a week in wages, for 12 appearances none of which came in the league until the calamity last season. He’s pound for pound the worst we’ve ever had. It’s not his fault about the fee and wages but it his fault for not being ready to play. He spent 4 years absolutely stealing a living, dropping in some clangers for us that largely get ignored because we won the games against lesser opposition. After the back to back spurs and Brighton games, where he shipped 11 and clearly wasn’t cut out for this level he should have faked an injury or created an injury for himself, he spent enough of his time here out injured it wouldn’t have been that unbelievable

He didn't need to fake an injury

he played like he had a major awareness and eyesight injury

the worst pound for pound player in our history like you have said

the fact that he was pictured out partying later the same day he shamefully let in 4 goals at the red scum to surrender our FA Cup holders status hasn't gone down well either 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Just checked the stats and Ward conceded 1.76 goals per game in the Prem, less than 6 of the teams for the season just gone and made 1 error leading to a goal. He's really not as bad as he's made out to be.

D77A91A1-EE95-4E47-8C36-CD520EAC8A64.jpeg

14 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Just checked the stats and Ward conceded 1.76 goals per game in the Prem, less than 6 of the teams for the season just gone and made 1 error leading to a goal. He's really not as bad as he's made out to be.

Sorry but I can't hack the thought of the Brighton and Spurs away games. He cannot ever play for us again.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

I do have depression and though the doctor didn't say as much I'm fairly certain it's due in large part to watching Danny Ward become, then somehow remain, our first choice goalkeeper

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Didn't play enough for me to gauge his shiteness - also didn't he end up at AC Milan or somewhere incredible? 

15 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

I assume you're voting Tory too 

Must be a lonely existence 

18 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I assume you're voting Tory too 

Must be a lonely existence 

Just a different perspective, if you have trouble dealing with that and resort to personal attacks I'll leave it with you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Just a different perspective, if you have trouble dealing with that and resort to personal attacks I'll leave it with you.

It’s quite clearly the wrong perspective to take though isn’t it?

Sometimes a contrarian argument is not required nor worth it!

• Like 2

Is he still seriously at the club!!!

man when this guy is off our books I will actually rejoice and see it as good news which we simply don’t have much of these days.

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It’s quite clearly the wrong perspective to take though isn’t it?

Sometimes a contrarian argument is not required nor worth it!

I was stating facts!

Ward was poor in the relegation season but so were the majority of the squad, my opinion is his contribution doesn't warrant 160 pages of vitriol and the typically pathetic insult of "I assume you're voting Tory too" from someone I've never met and knows nothing about me.

• Like 1