Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

7 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That's a great topic. 

Players who were crapper than Danny Ward. 

I'll start .............. er 

Tom English? (I may be being harsh on Tom - I was young but he looked completely sh@te to me) 

He was no Jimmy Melrose that’s for sure.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Ricardo? The keeper

I think Ward is even worse than him!

Seen a few awful keepers down here, an overweight  Martin Hodge, Mark Grew, Rab Douglas and others, but the only one i think gives Ward a run for his money as being the Worst Keeper ive seen, is Zelijko Kalac.

On 27/06/2024 at 20:21, KingsX said:

Even worse -- he’s among our worst ever re-signings.  The club have overpaid for him three times.

(1) We paid Liverpool many times his market value in 2018

Wardxfer.JPG.60bfc0c2f57bdec373be99298f81fe40.JPG

(2) … we then paid him Prem wages for three years to make a dozen or so appearances,  not a single one in the PL

(3) … and finally gave him the new 4 year contract in 2021.

You don’t even have to add in the financial hit of being relegated in the only year he actually played (I use "played" loosely) to conclude that he was a ruinous signing.

Us making silly signings isn't some modern thing idea. Even when we were doing well we still had some absolutely bonkers moves made. This was one of the least logical ever though. £12mil for a goalkeeper to then give Schmeichel a 5 year contract a week later. Who in their right mind pays that much for a backup?

Get worried every time I see this thread bumped to be honest lol as in.. Cooper hasn't hinted at playing him.. right?

Ward needs to go. Will forever be associated with 2022/23. 26 ****ing games. I still can't believe it.

• Haha 2

On 02/07/2024 at 19:36, Dan LCFC said:

Us making silly signings isn't some modern thing idea. Even when we were doing well we still had some absolutely bonkers moves made. This was one of the least logical ever though. £12mil for a goalkeeper to then give Schmeichel a 5 year contract a week later. Who in their right mind pays that much for a backup?

Get worried every time I see this thread bumped to be honest lol as in.. Cooper hasn't hinted at playing him.. right?

Ward needs to go. Will forever be associated with 2022/23. 26 ****ing games. I still can't believe it.

That move really sums up LCFC. Brilliant one day & plain stupid the next.   They have made some incredible moves & followed them up with terrible ones.... There seems to be no logic at all. !!!

Edited by gurru991

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

That move really sums up LCFC. Brilliant one day & plain stupid the next.   They have made some incredible moves & followed them up terrible ones.... There seems to be no logic at all. !!!

We've made too many stupid moves for me to think we were a fully smart club. There are pitfalls that I think even amateurs could've avoided. The flip side is the ones we've gotten right, on occasion, we have gotten 'so' right beyond any logic.

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante for me are three of the best signings in PL history, for the same club to make those all at the same time is something.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

Saw the headline today that 'goalkeeper Ward signs for AFC Wimbledon' :scarf:

But it turns out to be Lewis Ward :facepalm:

I knew it wasn’t true when they used ‘goalkeeper’ in the headline.

IMG_5568.thumb.jpeg.96838d4d87852a7e83300386025bcea2.jpeg

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Whenever I see an update on this thread I think there's a chance the useless buggers on his way. 

Please could only good news of his impending exit be posted in future as it's not helping my rage. 

I opened this threat thinking **** me we've extended the ***** contract. 

That's the faith in the club at the minute. 

• Haha 2

On 20/06/2024 at 22:32, Iran said:

I got a really bad feeling if Hermansen were to leave, Steve Cooper makes Danny Ward becomes No.1 over Stolarczyk... :nono:

Welp, Ward started the first pre-season friendly against Villarreal... 

9 minutes ago, Iran said:

Welp, Ward started the first pre-season friendly against Villarreal... 

Played half the match with Iversen playing the other half

Neither of Hermansen or Stolarczyk are there

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Hermansen (if were to stay) is definite starter above Ward, but I not sure about the other goalkeepers from Cooper's perspective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Did he do alright?..

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Were there no mailbox posts available to start over Ward?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Iran said:

Hermansen (if were to stay) is definite starter above Ward, but I not sure about the other goalkeepers from Cooper's perspective.

if he considers Ward as anything more than a millstone to be sold asap then he needs throwing into the Soar. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Iran said:

It'll be hermansen, stol, iversen first obviously 

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Iversen will leave in this window - either permanently or on loan.

Well even if he's out on loan or leaves permanently he will be ahead of ward