Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

It shows the lack of Welsh goalkeepers in that Ward has managed to keep his international place while not playing for his club. I had hoped that a deal could be worked out with Wrexham but Ward earns too much for that to happen. I guess it's cheaper in the long run to keep him as the third keeper rather than pay a part of his salary while he plays elsewhere. I will never understand how we paid so much for him & then gave him such good contracts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It shows the lack of Welsh goalkeepers in that Ward has managed to keep his international place while not playing for his club. I had hoped that a deal could be worked out with Wrexham but Ward earns too much for that to happen. I guess it's cheaper in the long run to keep him as the third keeper rather than pay a part of his salary while he plays elsewhere. I will never understand how we paid so much for him & then gave him such good contracts.

Two words - Jon Rudkin 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

Followed by Jamie Vardy, me, a can of baked beans and Danny Ward 

oohh look at mister "im better than a can of baked beans" over there

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, VictorFox said:

Keep him and play him as a number 10…One of the best players we’ve got for creating a goal out of nothing 

He's good at getting out the way. Maybe deploy him in the Teddy Sheringham role on free kicks, standing in the opposition wall. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’d be happy if the club paid 80% of his wages… that’s still saving us 20%. Just get rid 

He's on £60k a week, apparently?..

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hearing some whispers he's leaving this summer. 

This would honestly make my year but there’s no way that 1. Anybody would want him 2. Anyone other than us would pay him more than minimum wage as a goalkeeper

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Spotrak has him at 40k a week.   We would probably have to pick up 30 of that on a loan.

jesus that's way more than I expected him to be making, I wonder who gave him that contract? rhymes with bubkin  

On 21/07/2024 at 12:13, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Hermansen

Stolarczyk

Iversen

Brad Young 

u18 keeper

u16 keeper 

Fetus 

Dustbin

Coffin

Coffee Table

Danny Ward 

...... but there is still a chance?

• Haha 1

It's frightening to think that, despite all the jokes, Ward is actually inching closer to becoming a starting goalkeeper again. Stolarchyk is decent, but he appeared very nervous in his few starts, so imagine how vulnerable he'd look in the EPL. If Hermansen gets sold, I could seriously see Cooper starting Ward.

• Sad 1

Cooper has a big job on convincing Leicester fans he's the right man for the job. He doesn't want to start by being on the defensive. I can't believe he'd alienate the majority of fans by selecting Ward as his first choice keeper. He needs to win some of us over so I'm guessing Ward would be a desperation selection if needs must (hopefully). 

Stolarczyk is injured and Hermansen not back with the squad yet, literally the only reason Ward played half a game of football for us. Even if Hermansen got sold, there’s no way Ward would be our number one, calm down ffs 😆

• Like 1