Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Why do people think he’s going to start? He won’t. 

Much more likely to be able to get a start with being the number 2 now though

At least with him being the 3rd choice he was basically never going to get a chance even in cup games

11 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If Cooper starts with him against Spuds, then I would want Cooper, ,Ward and Dufkin dismissed at half time.  And hopefully there is a Clause in Cooper's contract stating that we can relieve him of his duties without compensation if  the Club can prove he is insane.

if Rudkin goes, who’s going to sack scooper and Ward?

Just sayin’…

40 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Of course there is a Premier League gold glove winner who is currently doing bugger all that could be looked at as an option.

Even with 12 months out of the game… you’d have to think he’d be an upgrade.

Would he want to come back to the stadium where his downfall started though? Would he get flashbacks to the 5-3? Vardy's 11th? Vardy's 50th with that ridiculous assist from Mahrez??

2 hours ago, Iran said:

The only goalkeeper in the squad to play at a World Cup. :cool:

The only goalkeeper I know who is so hated, yet so loved at the same time tonight he nearly caused a crowd punch up in the first 10 mins of a ticketed friendly lol

Edited by MS0204
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Father Ted said:

If he starts first game, the fan base has to be vile from the start and boo his every touch. Not watching another year of him star jumping over the ball and us getting relegated. Anybody who is like “you can’t do that, support your players and team, Leicester til I die” can do one. The future of our club is in his hands and it’s that serious that we cannot allow history to repeat itself. 

I'm fully with this. I don't think it will actually happen but that Stolarczyk injury and Hermansen link away... it's too close to being a possibility for my liking. I don't want him even in friendlies.

4 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Would much rather he was sold but really wasn't that bad yesterday tbf. Thought he had a better half than Iversen. 

Some OTT bashing on here

My opinion, but while there were numerous reasons for our relegation two seasons ago, I honestly believe that had Ward not been in goal for 28 games we would have stayed up.

I don't remember him winning us any points, but I do remember him costing us plenty, with  performances that had me scratching my head as how he had ever made it as keeper in the professional game.

So the reaction may feel OTT, but after finally feeling that we could leave the nightmare that had been Danny Ward firmly in the past, the concern that we are now seeing him again in our goal, all be it, only in friendlies, is a real one.

For me now, we now need to be bringing another keeper, either as number 2 to Mads if he stays, or as a number one, if he goes, in which case we will need to bring two keepers in. 

I'm not convinced by Iversen, and we just simply can not go into the season with Danny Ward as our number one.

• Like 2

Going to be a long season of moaning if Ward has any game time for us next season. He literally had fans nearly coming to blows and arguing in the stands last night because people wanted to barrack him during the game. 

Sidenote - never understood the urge of people to heckle our own players whilst they are playing for us and trying to win a game, unless they are having a huge stinker and not trying

Just saw Stolarczyk will be out for 6 months unfortunately... :dry:

Would assume this brings Ward higher in the rankings (if that wasn't the case already) unless we are looking to bring in a new keeper? :dunno:

21 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Going to be a long season of moaning if Ward has any game time for us next season. He literally had fans nearly coming to blows and arguing in the stands last night because people wanted to barrack him during the game. 

Sidenote - never understood the urge of people to heckle our own players whilst they are playing for us and trying to win a game, unless they are having a huge stinker and not trying

Ward is always having a huge stinker and not trying though (I mean I don't believe anyone can be so incompetent as to jump out of the way of the ball). we got relegated because of that clown playing 26 games and shouldn't cheer on making the exact same mistakes again. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

Would much rather he was sold but really wasn't that bad yesterday tbf. Thought he had a better half than Iversen. 

Some OTT bashing on here

Iverson didn’t play yesterday… 

I don't need to make the point that he's absolutely shite though and it's difficult not to associate the disastrous season (starting with the 4 - 1 hammering at F*rest) with his total incompetence. 

He was happy to be a number 2 for a couple of seasons under Kasper then happy to be 4th choice 

Appreciate he'll be on a huge wage but anybody with anything about himself would have fuched off rather than trotting around like he owns the place.  

It's extremely worrying that the manager thinks it's appropriate to play him in any game even a friendly.  

The thought of him being anywhere near the 1st team and god forbid playing will resign us to relegation 

• Like 1