Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

I was looking up Ben Hamer's stats last night.

14/15 after moving here to be #2 after a couple seasons in each the championship, league one, and league two.

prem stats: 8 games. 8 goals. 3 clean sheets. 10 points. 3 wins. 1 draw.

Could say he kept us up. Remember that short lived new year's resurgence. That was Hamer time.

Not bad for a #2 keeper. His Huddersfield stats are Ward-eqse. Oddly enough went to Huddersfield when they came up.

Edited by NewEnglandFox

5 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I cant believe how shit he is, it’s beyond negiligent from Rodgers to continue to play him after the performances hes had this season. There is absolutley no chance Iversen would have been as bad as him, no time to show loyalty when your job is on the line. Final nail in the coffin for me

Don’t suppose you clocked Iversen’s face on the bench yesterday? Looked so frustrated.

23 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We are literally the laughing stock of social media.

18 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

I was wondering if he was the worst keeper in the premier league era, at least in my memory, but then remembered this guy… he only played a handful of games for this reel too 

I reckon this is Wards role model.

He's got to be up there with the worst value for money signings in at least our recent history. Granted there's a worrying amount of competition there with the likes of Silva, Vestergaard, Soumare and doubtless many others I've managed to forget/repress, but £12m for a keeper who's gone from never playing to being shit every week. 

11 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

I think new manager will drop him and go with Iversen - won’t have nailed his colours to the mast like Rodgers did saying he’s a number one

Is that because of the number on his shirt?

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

I don’t believe the Ward we have is the Ward that could be - and I don’t blame him for that, he can be better. This is on Rodgers. 

How so? He's given Ward every match this season to try to give him experience at PL level and it's costing us. The only way Rodgers is to blame is that he can't see how poor Ward is.

4 hours ago, OwnGoal said:

I know he made a decent save late in the first half when he touched one onto the bar but he simply needs to make more good saves at this level. None of the goals were purely his fault but he’s let five in then followed it a week later with six. Meanwhile the French lad at the other end has made two massive game changing saves, one on half time from Madders and the Daka header. Them saves were huge yesterday.  

"French lad". You mean Hugo Lloris, the French international goalkeeper? lol

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I cant believe how shit he is, its beyond negiligent from Rodgers to continue to play him after the performances hes had this season. There is absolutley no chance Iversen would of been as bad as him, no time to show loyalty when your job is on the line. Final nail in the coffin for me

It's unbelievable isn't it. What reason could Rodgers have for not dropping him?

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

I was wondering if he was the worst keeper in the premier league era, at least in my memory, but then remembered this guy… he only played a handful of games for this reel too 

Yeah, there's Jimanez. Then there's Ward. It's only a matter of time before something similar to that vid appears on YT but with Ward taking the pride of place as the most bumbling GK in PL history.

34 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Is that because of the number on his shirt?

How so? He's given Ward every match this season to try to give him experience at PL level and it's costing us. The only way Rodgers is to blame is that he can't see how poor Ward is.

The mentality he’s instilled in the squad and the ruination of the defence. You could pick any keeper and they’d struggle in our side at the moment. Not as badly, but they’d struggle. 

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

We are literally the laughing stock of social media.

Ward is getting lots of personal abuse from all quarters on social media.

I hope he's mentally tough enough to take it. For some people it might tip them over the edge.

• Like 1

Stuck with him in goal until Rodgers goes

Picked him as his number 1 and is prepared to defend the decision as much as possible

Unlike with other players where he chooses to specifically blame them with Ward he will choose to blame the whole group and not pick him out for errors, he even praised him yesterday!

"He’s been a loyal number two. Defensively, it’s a collective. Danny’s made a couple of good saves tonight.”

Edited by moore_94
  • Haha 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Stuck with him in goal until Rodgers goes

Picked him as his number 1 and is prepared to defend the decision as much as possible

Unlike with other players where he chooses to specifically blame them with Ward he will choose to blame the whole group and not pick him out for errors, he even praised him!

"He’s been a loyal number two. Defensively, it’s a collective. Danny’s made a couple of good saves tonight.”

Same with Evans