Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

13 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Amazing really..one thing one would expect...some support & encouragement for Danny Ward,which he didn't get from home fans, from the start...

So they too failing in their duties..???

Rodgers,Top go missing,where are the fans...???

Ward was backed at Brentford and Southampton fine, but then when it became obvious that he's incompetent, it rightly stopped. 

Funny that you call the fans out for a lack of support, but then make it obvious that you weren't at those games yourself. :giggle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/09/2022 at 07:46, Sly said:

Kasper hasn’t had the greatest start either.

Kasper pulled a masterclass in goalkeeping against France yesterday, watch the highlights. His form might be dipping but we should count ourselves lucky that we were able to have a goalkeeper of his level in our club for so many years.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smudger63 said:

That's not true. The Danny Ward song got sung not just in games at the start of the season, but even at Brighton only 2 games ago. Off of the park may be a different thing, but then fans are only having an opinion on what they are seeing on the pitch.

In the Kp Stadium,no one can hear what’s being sung,from one end to tother..

12 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ward was backed at Brentford and Southampton fine, but then when it became obvious that he's incompetent, it rightly stopped. 

Funny that you call the fans out for a lack of support, but then make it obvious that you weren't at those games yourself. :giggle:

With one eye,one leg,one arm,one one ball, I am the best supporter they have,I always have one of something, No enjoyment in protecting lynch-mob group of fans,they riot from the same song sheet…!:frantics:

On 25/09/2022 at 19:47, fuchsntf said:

Amazing really..one thing one would expect...some support & encouragement for Danny Ward,which he didn't get from home fans, from the start...

So they too failing in their duties..???

Rodgers,Top go missing,where are the fans...???

are you Brendan in disguise,  its the fans fault that he is not up to the job, the fans backed him from the start but it was plainly obvious after a few games he is not at this moment in time good enough to be keeping goal for us, 

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

With one eye,one leg,one arm,one one ball, I am the best supporter they have,I always have one of something, No enjoyment in protecting lynch-mob group of fans,they riot from the same song sheet…!:frantics:

Blindly supporting what you know isn't good enough doesn't make you a good fan. Quite the opposite in fact. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 20:34, sacreblueits442 said:

...there are some poor calculations there!!!

Actually, the stats here say he isn't entirely to blame (although he IS shit).

He has faced the 4th highest amount of shots on target.  HOW are oppositions getting into that position?

Solve these TWO problems, and we have the answer.  It is clear our team know where the other goal is.

4 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Actually, the stats here say he isn't entirely to blame (although he IS shit).

He has faced the 4th highest amount of shots on target.  HOW are oppositions getting into that position?

Solve these TWO problems, and we have the answer.  It is clear our team know where the other goal is.

that gives us the big sample size to reflect on his goal saving rate

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

No. But you can't call people out for wanting what's best when it's very clear what's best isn't Danny Ward (or rodgers). 

Perspectives & opinions...

But I will jump in the trench to defend 

All our rights to have different ones..!!

I am not contrere or trolling,but like occasionally to play the fulcrum in the middle of the scale of opinions.:)

I am not sure it is fair to blame Danny Ward. He has not shown to be worldclass, far from it, but he has been a loyal second choice keeper finally given a chance. He has been let down by the poor defensive set up in front of him. Not great when you are just starting to be given a chance. He needs time to build that confidence and he needs help from all of us fans. I am not saying we have him forever and not give Iversen a go, but we don’t need to demonise him.

Demonising also gives Rodgers yet another excuse I have now been hearing he tries to come up with: that he was not given the funds to replace Kasper! No, Rodgers, you need to sort out our tactics and team mentality first and your constant media bashing of the team and the owners to hide your problems does not help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I am not sure it is fair to blame Danny Ward. He has not shown to be worldclass, far from it, but he has been a loyal second choice keeper finally given a chance. He has been let down by the poor defensive set up in front of him. Not great when you are just starting to be given a chance. He needs time to build that confidence and he needs help from all of us fans. I am not saying we have him forever and not give Iversen a go, but we don’t need to demonise him.

Demonising also gives Rodgers yet another excuse I have now been hearing he tries to come up with: that he was not given the funds to replace Kasper! No, Rodgers, you need to sort out our tactics and team mentality first and your constant media bashing of the team and the owners to hide your problems does not help.

This soft mentality is what is going to get us relegated.

Our defense has been shit, but so has Ward, the stats don’t lie - we have the worst goalkeeper in the PL and he’s had more than enough games to prove himself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

This soft mentality is what is going to get us relegated.

Our defense has been shit, but so has Ward, the stats don’t lie - we have the worst goalkeeper in the PL and he’s had more than enough games to prove himself.

Do we have the worst defence in the league? Ward has seemingly been pants, but judging him outside of the defensive unit is a bit harsh.

47 minutes ago, mad biker said:

What are his actual "stats" regarding goals conceded that are DIRECTLY his fault?

If your positioning as a goalkeeper is way off it still doesn't register as being at fault for a goal when it comes to stats, hell the bloke could turn up in a dressing gown with a deck of cans and lay down and get bladdered and not get any goals officially marked against him as errors. 

The stats are very damning in regards to many other things though, such as him conceding over 60% of shots on target he has faced, that is astonishing.

His defence have caused him no end of bother as well but he's drowned when he needed to swim, however chaotic and difficult that may be. You only need to see how many occasions different players have had beef with him on the pitch this season, Fofana, Evans, Ndidi etc.

He needs taking out the firing line I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mad biker said:

What are his actual "stats" regarding goals conceded that are DIRECTLY his fault?

Surely that's not going to be a stat and will always be an opinion?

There have been countless goals where I think he should have done better but it's 4/5 times it's been because of bad defending also.