Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's calling out the 'wrong' players though that's the issue. Alienating them. 

I doubt anyone would have had an issue if he did criticise Ward or call him out. There'd be the right justification for doing so. It's great he backs him, but for how long? How many errors will need to be made and potentially cost us points and the team points while he stays? 

Honestly I don't rate Ward, and want him dropped, but Rodgers calling him out ain't gonna help the situation. Just tell him behind closed doors and drop him. But the worry is, the most worrying thing for me, is the latter won't happen either.

I can't believe this club is in a position where we allowed our number one goalkeeper to go and didn't replace him.

• Like 2

On 29/09/2022 at 13:06, Col city fan said:

One of the arguments I’ve heard for dropping Ward is that it’d basically end his career. Ie it would be such a vote of no confidence that he couldn’t come back from it.

I do get that, but I think it’s gone past that. Ward has been SO poor that if Iversen is going to come in and improve us, it needs to happen.

That’s way over the top. Players get dropped all the time, even Vardy was dropped. He’s 29, he has plenty of time ahead of him. 

12 hours ago, NasPb said:

Whats the issue here? When you're bad you're bad. If i killed 5 people as a construction worker even ny accident I'm still liable. That's the real world equivalent of what he's done 

The keeping has been atrocious, yes, but come on.

• Haha 2

I expected Ward would have finally been dropped for Monday, but seems unlikely given Rodgers has now given him his backing. I just don't get what's going on with Rodgers. The defence has zero confidence in Ward, the vast majority of fans have zero confidence in Ward, I don't think even Ward has confidence in himself, and yet Rodgers seemingly has!  The guys a clown!

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2

If Brendan picks him for Mondays game, he is only damaging Iversen career.

Ward is s*** and isn't going to improve...better he gets back to sitting on the bench, which he's done for 4 years.

While Iversen will be p*ssed off after playing so good on loan and now sees his career stagnating.

Let's at least save Iversen's career....instead of destroying both our goalkeepers.

I’m all for playing Iversen over Ward, but for the sake of one high pressure derby game I’d prefer to keep Ward in goal on Monday.

I don’t want a young keeper to give Rodgers any excuses or see him be blamed by the horrible little gnome.

Keep Iversen’s powder dry for the new manager

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’m all for playing Iversen over Ward, but for the sake of one high pressure derby game I’d prefer to keep Ward in goal on Monday.

I don’t want a young keeper to give Rodgers any excuses or see him be blamed by the horrible little gnome.

Keep Iversen’s powder dry for the new manager

On 29/09/2022 at 18:06, Col city fan said:

One of the arguments I’ve heard for dropping Ward is that it’d basically end his career. Ie it would be such a vote of no confidence that he couldn’t come back from it.

I do get that, but I think it’s gone past that. Ward has been SO poor that if Iversen is going to come in and improve us, it needs to happen.

...Ward needs to practice his trade, he is no longer an apprentice!!!

If you are sitting behind a #1 then you are not getting the practical skills that you need to be effective in a team. He is learning on the job,  that is our fault,  we have not allowed him to command a backline or develop the skills needed, such as positioning and commanding his area, in order for him to succeed.

We may be alarmed at what we now see, put we have given Iversen more real time training, and he is the understudy to Ward.

We, have messed up!!

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Ward needs to practice his trade, he is no longer an apprentice!!!

If you are sitting behind a #1 then you are not getting the practical skills that you need to be effective in a team. He is learning on the job,  that is our fault,  we have not allowed him to command a backline or develop the skills needed, such as positioning and commanding his area, in order for him to succeed.

We may be alarmed at what we now see, put we have given Iversen more real time training, and he is the understudy to Ward.

We, have messed up!!

The whole reason Brendan was brought in was to develop youth, we got Iverson and the other youngster to develop and I was expecting this season to be one of Kasper sitting on the bench whilst the youngsters got game time, instead Kasper was allowed to leave and Ward was just dropped in leaving Iverson sitting on the bench bar the cup game.

Problem is, Ward has been a shambles and I think the backline have lost faith in him and they now are also a shambles, everyone panics.

Ward should have been changed out after the cup game because now I think that whatever is practiced on the training ground, the back four or five do not trust Ward and any real pressure will see them fall apart yet again if he is picked.

If we start with Ward against Forest, I can see another collapse coming because the team only has one way of playing and the defence will be wide open, one goal goes in and we will crumble.

That's my take on things, my opinion is Ward is not good enough at this level to be a number one.

On 30/09/2022 at 06:42, NasPb said:

Whats the issue here? When you're bad you're bad. If i killed 5 people as a construction worker even ny accident I'm still liable. That's the real world equivalent of what he's done 

I don't think you can compare Wards selection with manslaughter..

He is in a sporting set up,where all sports will have their Analyse and criterium for individual performances.

Athletics a prime example..You don't make the cut,you don't get selected,it's a natural process..

Even in football,especially Gkeepers, if

your given your wings/chance & fail to take it..the next guy on the block steps in..I do believe with us our defensive frailties,have made it hard for him,but

Banks,Shilton,Wallington, flowers,then Kasper,

Stood tall when our defence creeked &

spluttered...Unfortunately the GK in

top flight football has only a few games to prove himself..This is Leicester with a great GK history & tradition.Even dropping those top 5 names,others also wore our GK jersey with great service,including 2nd string.

This is a new era for

The LCFC-Gk-Jersey..

Ward is falling short of my expectations,built on all that as gone before him...he still may come good,but in our predicament Iverson deserves now that chance...Ward is struggling,

A Leicester-GK as to be above the rest,

tradition, shouldn't be compromised.

We have a true talent in Iversen he should now be tested at the higher stage....So we know if the tradition is still alive & proud..or we need to find future solutions...

Ward should not be brushed off,he can come again,but if I was him,I would demand First team football..At this moment he's not taken up the LCFC challenge...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/torhueterchronik/verein/1003

List of our previous GKs 👆

What's striking to me is the amount of games the sub keepers are getting before Schmeichel.

I don't really remember much from the 80s but I can't remember any disastrous goalies, it's been steady as far as I remember and I dunno but looking at this list there's real continuation* in the gk area of the squad.  (The new goalie seems to be given a few games the season before they become number one, or there's a solid stand in who then becomes number 2 when we sign a top gk. (Peggy)

Thinking now kasper never missing a game has truly been a double edged sword.

On 30/09/2022 at 18:58, Paninistickers said:

His continued  inclusion would genuinely call.into question the manager's motives. 

At the risk of over dramatising, is Rodgers deliberately trying to crash the plane, German Wings style?

On every single metric, Ward is by far the worst keeper in the division. Many of us guessed it already, just by looking at him. But now there is evidence to back up the hunch. 

Secondly, if Ward is picked, Rodgers may well end up destroying the guy's career. The crowd are gonna take it out on Ward. Stood alone on his six yard box for portions of the game, it's a very lonely place to be verbally abused by thousands of your own supporters. For Ward's own sake, he needs protecting 

Given our abysmal defence, inability at set pieces and refusal to close down attackers, he was never going to be up for the Lev Yashin award 😂

Ward is the on pitch lightning rod for all the frustrations with Rodgers. Like Iheanacho was for Puel, who gets a handful of games before the fans give him a thumbs down and boo him onto the pitch. And without going down the clichés he's in the one position on the pitch where you can't hide.

Has he been poor? Yes. Is it all getting a bit OTT? Yes. An actual pile-on. It's probably at the stage where he makes 5 saves Vs Forest and people go "Yeah but Brighton...."

34 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/torhueterchronik/verein/1003

List of our previous GKs 👆

What's striking to me is the amount of games the sub keepers are getting before Schmeichel.

I don't really remember much from the 80s but I can't remember any disastrous goalies, it's been steady as far as I remember and I dunno but looking at this list there's real continuation* in the gk area of the squad.  (The new goalie seems to be given a few games the season before they become number one, or there's a solid stand in who then becomes number 2 when we sign a top gk. (Peggy)

Thinking now kasper never missing a game has truly been a double edged sword.

We had Wallington,who covered us for years.We wasn't worried then..

The modern fan does shit themselves too quickly...Plus the crucifying of Ward on this forum,is just the cynical modern fan..Soap-opera cliches rule,everybody an easy lazy Target..( not including you in this dark fashion..:cheers:)

But your opening sentiments,I agree.

I go back to the late '50s', the continuity as never really been broken,I'll wager longer than any other club,in dishing out,discovering,buying top 1-3,top string GKs,that could step up.

For nion 70yrs.

Ward has wavered,but he isn't has bad as some are crediting him being.

Our fans are so confused,they don't know who to blame for what errors.Those that shout the loudest,might carry a few in their slipstream & becomes the vogue for a few months...

Others try to post around the noise,and like yourself bring good banter & debate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Given our abysmal defence, inability at set pieces and refusal to close down attackers, he was never going to be up for the Lev Yashin award 😂

Ward is the on pitch lightning rod for all the frustrations with Rodgers. Like Iheanacho was for Puel, who gets a handful of games before the fans give him a thumbs down and boo him onto the pitch. And without going down the clichés he's in the one position on the pitch where you can't hide.

Has he been poor? Yes. Is it all getting a bit OTT? Yes. An actual pile-on. It's probably at the stage where he makes 5 saves Vs Forest and people go "Yeah but Brighton...."

Yeah but I said every metric. Admittedly I had a hunch he was useless but I've tried to be dispassionate and take my bias out of the post. 

Someone popped up a stat about xg on saves or whatever, and he was bottom of the pile. By a mile. Basically every keeper apart from.ward was within a goal swing either way of their xg....ward's was about 6 goals in the red. 

I agree he's become the scapegoat as he's considered Rodgers' proxy on the pitch. No other player enjoys such wholehearted support from the manager,  particularly having earned so little credit from performances last. . But, as I said above, this lunatic stubbornness from the manager is going to cost poor Ward dearly and the vitriol could be so viscious (assuming we lose heavily, which I'd wager is likely) , it could affect the guy's career. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah but I said every metric. Admittedly I had a hunch he was useless but I've tried to be dispassionate and take my bias out of the post. 

Someone popped up a stat about xg on saves or whatever, and he was bottom of the pile. By a mile. Basically every keeper apart from.ward was within a goal swing either way of their xg....ward's was about 6 goals in the red. 

I agree he's become the scapegoat as he's considered Rodgers' proxy on the pitch. No other player enjoys such wholehearted support from the manager,  particularly having earned so little credit from performances last. . But, as I said above, this lunatic stubbornness from the manager is going to cost poor Ward dearly and the vitriol could be so viscious (assuming we lose heavily, which I'd wager is likely) , it could affect the guy's career. 

I hate these "expected" stats as does every ex-player and anyone that's ever had contact with the sport. How do you expect saves or expect to score goals? It's the sort of stuff belonging in the NFL. Stats in football should only ever be about what you've done - save %, crosses claimed, distribution and obviously clean sheets - not what some friendless nerd has contrived in his bedroom after too many cans of Pepsi Max.

Whatever your opinion on Ward, you should at least WANT him to do well. After no home games for a month, everyone's just got this pent up frustration with Rodgers, the state the club is in and the stagnant situation and Ward's an easy target.  It's just like Nacho and his scoring run, the guy needs a blinder. A game where he's the last line and gets MOTM or something. But the constant carping on one player as if he's the biggest issue we have is a bad look.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Ward has had 6 games,every fan was saying,whoever they chose give them

decent game time..Rodgers can't be called stubborn because of 6 games,that's total nonsense,he's given Ward  fair & decent space,with other mitigating circumstances from the defence in front of him....but a shot-stopper Ward ain't...! 

And Rodgers/any manager should give any new selected player especially his GK at least 6 games..

50 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I hope they don’t do drugs tests at your workplace 

I am with @Heskey2011..believe & dream...that's what football is about.

until the 90+ minutes have been played.

If you don't..!! Where were you for the last 50,30,20,..10 years.

This is the start of the season...points can be gathered...That's so simple.

If we nosedive that's for another time..

And I do  drugs(medis) ,but they really do help...

• Like 1

Think most would agree it appeared fairly well thought out by the club to have a succession plan for Kasper and we were all giving them credit for appearing to successfully do this with Iversen. Rodgers stubbornness to stick with Ward is undoing all the work put in over the past few years with Iversen.