Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

We’re in a poor situation with goalkeeping. Ward is beyond bad, overweight and out of practice. Meanwhile, Iversen who played week in week out is now sat on the bench, getting further and further away from his last competitive game.

The whole situation stinks of complacency. 

Iversen must play tonight 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah but I said every metric. Admittedly I had a hunch he was useless but I've tried to be dispassionate and take my bias out of the post. 

Someone popped up a stat about xg on saves or whatever, and he was bottom of the pile. By a mile. Basically every keeper apart from.ward was within a goal swing either way of their xg....ward's was about 6 goals in the red. 

I agree he's become the scapegoat as he's considered Rodgers' proxy on the pitch. No other player enjoys such wholehearted support from the manager,  particularly having earned so little credit from performances last. . But, as I said above, this lunatic stubbornness from the manager is going to cost poor Ward dearly and the vitriol could be so viscious (assuming we lose heavily, which I'd wager is likely) , it could affect the guy's career. 

It’s reminiscent of the undroppable Perez phase… then he realised what the average fan can see after about 1/2 season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

It’s reminiscent of the undroppable Perez phase… then he realised what the average fan can see after about 1/2 season. 

I don’t understand the criticism for Perez, he was a regular in the team when we were at our best and the team was far more balanced, seem to recall he scored a hat trick in the premier leagues biggest ever away win.

Edited by Skid_1884
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Skid_1884 said:

I don’t understand the criticism for Perez, he was a regular in the team when we were at our best and the team was far more balanced, seem to recall he scored a hat trick in the premier leagues biggest ever away win.

I think he puts a shift in, and can have moments of quality. Not as bad as some make out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skid_1884 said:

I thought he was consistently poor for much of that run … for me, he’s someone that plays well for a few games and then loses motivation / sharpness. He definitely should be getting games but Rodgers should have dropped him earlier and reintroduced him frequently - another mismanaged talent

I was getting desperate towards the end of the game not to concede, a clean sheet will be a huge confidence boost to him.

Shaky moment for that first corner but looked more assured.

• Like 3

Made the saves he needed to and made a couple of good high claims 

His poor reading of the game when it comes to coming out for the ball still managed to absolutely scare the crap out of me a few times though

Hopefully takes the confidence from the good saves and clean sheet into Bournemouth

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, W7Fox said:

Great for him get the clean sheet but thought he looked vulnerable all game. 

He was shaking like a sh*tting dog at times. Looked clueless and there was a handful of opportunities where a better side would have easily snuck one past him. 

Still not good enough for the league.

• Like 1