Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Danny Ward

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The crowd did the right thing last night with a show of support pre match. He needed it. 

But for goodness sake, he's gotta go. As previous posters have pointed out, the confusion with castagne, the yes/no/yes and hideous positioning for that 1 on 1. First half a smarter player than the awful Brennan Johnson would've made sure there was contact to win a pen. 

Rodgers will hopefully now feel vindicated with his insane persistence with Ward and in his warped psychology, might be flexible enough to drop him now. 

To be fair, Ward kept well clear so don't agree on that. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't be surprised if we're looking at keeper options for the Jan window. Our current brand of football requires a more decisive and commanding keeper than Ward. Kasper had his faults but he kept us in games, he was instinctive. Ward is hesitant, perhaps it's a confidence thing and he'll grow but I think he's been too long in the reserves to adapt now.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

The crowd did the right thing last night with a show of support pre match. He needed it. 

But for goodness sake, he's gotta go. As previous posters have pointed out, the confusion with castagne, the yes/no/yes and hideous positioning for that 1 on 1. First half a smarter player than the awful Brennan Johnson would've made sure there was contact to win a pen. 

Rodgers will hopefully now feel vindicated with his insane persistence with Ward and in his warped psychology, might be flexible enough to drop him now. 

he didnt drop ward after 22 goals shipped in 7 matches. impossible to drop him when he won a CS

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Very poor keeper. He didn’t play well yesterday. Flapped a few times. Had this daft punch he did in the second half which could’ve cost us. His positioning was atrocious. He will lose us more games than he wins. 

Thats why hennessey who warms the bench in forest starts for wales! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with you. Take saves out of the equation and there were still numerous issues with him. There was a bit where Castagne thought he was coming out but didn’t, and that shows that the defenders don’t really know what he’s going to do and don’t trust him. Additionally he didn’t really offer too much with his feet or distribution so that side of his game isn’t good enough to make up for his deficiencies. 

Daniel Iversen might not be the answer either, but Danny Ward definitely isn’t! It’s a matter of when, not if, there’s another clanger. 

Awful kicking

Awful distribution 

decent reflex

awful positioning

awful commanding

awful long ball and set piece positioning/catching/punching…. 

You might all be wrong and too easy into the negative...

Rodgers might see that Ward deserves support & will grow into that trust & technical responsibility...Hes been cramped up...like outfield players,they can and do find & rekindle their individual skill-sets & reflexes.After 2-3 years of lost time....

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm glad he got a clean sheet, to boost confidence, but he is still indecisive when coming out of his goal which is a bit alarming. Two times there were instances were he came out then retreated in a sort of no mans land.

at least he comes off his line something Kasper rarely did, but yea needs to be more decisive 

28 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Hea clearly not the long term successor to Kasper and I think even short term Iversen should be the pick but if he is gonna keep getting games then hopefully the clean sheets helps his confidence. He was still very shaky to say the least

hennessey must be happy that he decided to become a second fiddle in forest instead of exposing himself behind a fragile backline like ward😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

he is still indecisive when coming out of his goal

I was absolutely tearing my hair out every time the ball got behind our defence. He looked terrified to come anywhere out of his goal it was absolutely alarming. The worst one was when people in the International Space Station could see with the naked eye that Castagne was shielding the ball for him to come and collect it and he still refused to come out. 

Maddening. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, francis39 said:

hennessey must be happy that he decided to become a second fiddle in forest instead of exposing himself behind a fragile backline like ward😂😂😂

In fairness, if Henderson keeps performing like he did last night then WH will be starting soon enough. Beaten at his near post and beaten by a free kick on which he was actually standing the side it went in and he moved away. Abysmal.

• Like 2

I’d like to see Ward succeed but unless he he has a big upturn I don’t think playing him at the moment is doing him any good. Iversen deserves a chance. Last night Ward looked shot of confidence in the first half and against a better team we would have been punished. Seems like a good guy but unless last nights clean sheet makes a lasting and notable difference or Iversen comes in and proves himself then we need a new keeper in January. This situation has already cost us points and we can’t allow that to continue I’m afraid. 

• Like 1